Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club Presents: A Halpy Hand (11th Jan - 19th Jan, 3306)

Uh oh, this doesn't look good!

8eWIqfb.png

After pimping myself out to railgun pilots at Jameson yet again ... I then had the most perfect code black run!

Except.

c0keQg9.png

This was me checking the video evidence ...

giphy.gif

I have a set of autohotkey macros to deal with the long key sequences... Like turn on/off shields/module, ot drop canisters, or open map for routing...
can share no problem... very rudimentary but works. ;)
Re: turn off/on shields (which is obviously useful for this race) - quick tip - use the silent running binding - quick on/off takes down shields and then leaves them to recharge while you're busy damaging the ship.

00122e59eb74fe0acab5f6838951c280.jpg

Action on the Open Unlimited board:
We got Bruski cruising in on 1st place in his DBX, stating that his run has "a lot of room for improvements" now that's a warning signal there!
Then we got CMDRs JCB Digger and psykit on 4th and 5th now, pushing the others back!
Also I'm revealing a few more digits here on the board, to show CMDRs how close they are together and give them incentive to improve their times ;)
open unlimited 3.png

Action on the Open Unlimited board:
We got Bruski cruising in on 1st place in his DBX, stating that his run has "a lot of room for improvements" now that's a warning signal there!
Then we got CMDRs JCB Digger and psykit on 4th and 5th now, pushing the others back!
Also I'm revealing a few more digits here on the board, to show CMDRs how close they are together and give them incentive to improve their times ;)
View attachment 158906

Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/11sBLVxNs7v6WA/giphy.gif

I finally got a time posted last night. I'm happy to try to improve my times on the Open Unlimited board, and then it's back to the bonus board this weekend.

Observations from this race are:-

1) When capturing video from NVidea Geforce Experience, knock the detail level back to medium - it seems to make very little difference to Youtube and means my system isn't taking half a day to upload a 50Gb file
2) The Dolphin seem very heat resistant (maybe even more so since yesterday's update) - I can engage the FSD while still scooping and still only hit 70-odd%

Right, I'm coming for you CMDR Sulu ;)

o7

Fly Fast Commanders!

1) When capturing video from NVidea Geforce Experience, knock the detail level back to medium - it seems to make very little difference to Youtube and means my system isn't taking half a day to upload a 50Gb file
I take great pity on our race organiser (having done this job myself) and would suggest that racers, having recorded their video, then play it back, pause to capture the necessary screenshots (via Print Screen and paste into an image application before saving), and then just upload those to imgur and send that link instead. There's only 9 screenshots even in bonus class.

Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/11sBLVxNs7v6WA/giphy.gif

I finally got a time posted last night. I'm happy to try to improve my times on the Open Unlimited board, and then it's back to the bonus board this weekend.

Observations from this race are:-

2) The Dolphin seem very heat resistant (maybe even more so since yesterday's update) - I can engage the FSD while still scooping and still only hit 70-odd%

Right, I'm coming for you CMDR Sulu ;)

o7

Fly Fast Commanders!
Acknowledged sir

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I have finally managed to complete another run after 2 more failed attempts today. So I have submitted a slower, but better, run. Though you've not seen my first, so how much better is a mystery to us all :D

This race is a pain the backside, but it's strangely addictive... And it certainly is satisfying when you pull a run off.

I have finally managed to complete another run after 2 more failed attempts today. So I have submitted a slower, but better, run. Though you've not seen my first, so how much better is a mystery to us all :D

This race is a pain the backside, but it's strangely addictive... And it certainly is satisfying when you pull a run off.
That is the truth brother

I take great pity on our race organiser (having done this job myself) and would suggest that racers, having recorded their video, then play it back, pause to capture the necessary screenshots (via Print Screen and paste into an image application before saving), and then just upload those to imgur and send that link instead. There's only 9 screenshots even in bonus class.
This is such a nice thing for the organizer!
I do it whenever possible

Improved run submitted for the Rust Monster. I had one of those rare moments when I realised that there was something really obvious that I wasn't doing that would help to speed things up:
Never mind the gravity breaking approach to Arjung 4, just ram the rings at full throttle!
I plan to help out Operation IDA for a couple of days but I'll be leaving my Viper MkIV at Arfstrom Station so I can race later.

Improved run submitted for the Rust Monster. I had one of those rare moments when I realised that there was something really obvious that I wasn't doing that would help to speed things up:
Never mind the gravity breaking approach to Arjung 4, just ram the rings at full throttle!
🤦‍♂️ Is slamming into rings and then flying across to the asteroids faster than honing in on a RES site? Damn, almost certainly. Will need to check ... for a friend!

Top Bottom