Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club presents: BURNOUT! (13th-15th Sept.)

I've raced a few other ships today aswell as the Funny Cobra yesterday. I like the race idea and it's great fun (except for failing to find the best station approach path, overshooting, long hyperjumps, dropping at the wrong side of the star, overshooting the station, getting bad landing pads, ...) :D
The race course being in slightly worse shape today than yesterday evening the Stock time wasn't what I expected it to be, but it'll be interesting to see how it does. :)

Fastest times submitted for:

Stock
Viper Arrowhead

Pro
iCourier Crater Creator

Funny Car Challenge
Cobra Mk. III Destiny

I won't be able to do any further runs tomorrow; fly fast CMDRs! :)

Making the board look like this!

1RWgYhs.png

Revising my intent to put in a later appearance. I am at least now docked at Fast Ring but I got distracted upgrading the FSD for the Sans Serif.

Overslept. Revising my intent to make lots of claims about taking part in this race but never actually getting around to doing it. I'm going to the pub tonight. If I get home and everyone's asleep then I may have a last minute attempt while drunk just to see if I can do it.

I've raced a few other ships today aswell as the Funny Cobra yesterday. I like the race idea and it's great fun (except for failing to find the best station approach path, overshooting, long hyperjumps, dropping at the wrong side of the star, overshooting the station, getting bad landing pads, ...) :D
The race course being in slightly worse shape today than yesterday evening the Stock time wasn't what I expected it to be, but it'll be interesting to see how it does. :)

Fastest times submitted for:

Stock
Viper Arrowhead

Pro
iCourier Crater Creator

Funny Car Challenge
Cobra Mk. III Destiny

I won't be able to do any further runs tomorrow; fly fast CMDRs! :)

Glad I'm not the only one with such an orthodox offshoot from professionalism. had a few attempts myself, as well as some stunt driving with round the station, surfing nearby gas giant rings. unfortunately I don't have all the pictures for a full run yet as I got sidetracked helping a friend fight in the CG against the feds. having accidentally shot an ally down mid battle I'm ducking out and heading for another go. quick question, is the cut off midnight in game time...getting photos to you might be pretty close to the deadline.

Just tried to sign in to my xbox profile via college computer .Turns out it's a no on their part in regards to internet conduct in this place to visit such sites. Might be trick getting my images sorted using Xbox internet at home but I shall try:)

Balls balls balls ... 11:48pm as I write this, I'm not gonna make it. Can I make a plea for a heroic last minute entry to the race? I'm hammered on a train home with every intention of making an attempt when I get in. Look, I'll tell you what, II'll handicap myself by doing it with flight assist off (I've never really flown with FA off before, it'll be hilarious). Hold last place in the leaderboard for me!

P.S. how amazing is Amy Winehouse? I'm a hardcore music snob but this girl .. sheesh!!!

"you sen't me flyyyyyying when you kicked me to the currrb" ... mercy.

"his message was brutal ... but the delivery was kind" (it's midnight and I'm still on the train ... come on, half an hour layer tops)

Postscript: I'm home and I've done it. Time 9:45 :D

I need bed but will upload video tomoz.

Balls balls balls ... 11:48pm as I write this, I'm not gonna make it. Can I make a plea for a heroic last minute entry to the race? I'm hammered on a train home with every intention of making an attempt when I get in. Look, I'll tell you what, II'll handicap myself by doing it with flight assist off (I've never really flown with FA off before, it'll be hilarious). Hold last place in the leaderboard for me!

P.S. how amazing is Amy Winehouse? I'm a hardcore music snob but this girl .. sheesh!!!

"his message was brutal ... but the delivery was kind" (it's midnight and I'm still on the train ... come on, half an hour layer tops)

[video=youtube_share;oN_JFqn-4io]https://youtu.be/oN_JFqn-4io[/video]

Let's keep burning! I had an email chat with robinjb and barring something miraculous, I don't think he's running an event next week. Maybe Bruski and I can split the difference, with BURNOUT! running until 19th, and Hop, Skip and a Jump starting early on the 23rd?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Let's keep burning! I had an email chat with robinjb and barring something miraculous, I don't think he's running an event next week. Maybe Bruski and I can split the difference, with BURNOUT! running until 19th, and Hop, Skip and a Jump starting early on the 23rd?

Either way, I'll get a new leaderboard up in the morning (Pacific U.S.).

Fine by me! Barring any objections I'd do it from the 23rd to the 7th (two weeks). I hope it'll be involved enough (complex routing and several extra SRV challenges) that it'll have the staying power for that. I'm thinking it'll be between a 30-60 min race, but I need to run it myself to find out.

It may just be me, but there also might be a bit of racing burnout lately (low turnouts), and having a break in between races (19-23) and a longer running one might not hurt.

Last edited:

I can't wait to see this. I especially am looking forward to the director's version with drunken commentary. :D

Run submitted late last night. nobody needs to panic!

hope you got a run in Alec, a three sheets to the wind FA off run should make an entertaining video ;)

i'd be happy if the RobinJB difference was split as I've only had a hour on Burnout!

fly sparky
<-lightspeed->

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't make it for this one, congrats to everyone who made a run, I'm looking forward to watching Alec's booze fuelled run. :D

Fine by me! Barring any objections I'd do it from the 23rd to the 7th (two weeks). I hope it'll be involved enough (complex routing and several extra SRV challenges) that it'll have the staying power for that. I'm thinking it'll be between a 30-60 min race, but I need to run it myself to find out.

It may just be me, but there also might be a bit of racing burnout lately (low turnouts), and having a break in between races (19-23) and a longer running one might not hurt.

My poor turnout is a combination of busy real-life, still closer to Jaques than the bubble and a little bit of Elite burnout (not racing though). I've always been the same after Sadge runs though, it takes me ages to get back, so I assume the journey back from Jaques is my problem.

I should definitely be back in the game (and the bubble) in time for the 23rd. I'll be too busy over the weekend to make it sooner though, my daughter is moving out and starting university this weekend.

Aah bum, would have liked to have a go at this, any idea when the next event is?

Reading between the lines (and bearing in mind that I'm very VERY hungover), I think the deadline for this race may well have been extended by a couple of days. I could be wrong.

Otherwise, subscribe to this thread and no doubt the host of the next race will post a link here when the new thread goes up. We're doing races fairly frequently. Also keep an eye on Galnet as we usually manage to get a news item about the next race in there. We do also have a website (buckyballracing.org.uk) but it looks like it hasn't been updated for a while.

Reading between the lines (and bearing in mind that I'm very VERY hungover), I think the deadline for this race may well have been extended by a couple of days. I could be wrong.

Otherwise, subscribe to this thread and no doubt the host of the next race will post a link here when the new thread goes up. We're doing races fairly frequently. Also keep an eye on Galnet as we usually manage to get a news item about the next race in there. We do also have a website (buckyballracing.org.uk) but it looks like it hasn't been updated for a while.

That's awesome, thank you! (hope ya feel better soon) :D
Someone told me a bit of Onionhead goes a long way for a hangover, but I cant say if that's true or not [woah]

Top Bottom