The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Keys to the Carrier (18th - 26th July 3306)

Regulation Hauler (flying Hypergolic again) run for my Alt (Bob Dubrovnik) submitted.

As ever thanks for the efforts in organising this Alec - great fun and you learn something new every time.

To anyone thinking of having a go but not sure:
I hadn't even collected a Guardian Key before Saturday!
It's easy to do and even the regulation Hauler can jump out here from the Bubble in about 25 jumps (so about 20mins flight if you don't stop for sightseeing).
I'd recommend a quick 'lap' of the nearby beacon systems to scan the planets and get your bearings and just enjoy the experience of unlocking them without the time pressure.

As for screenshots - I find it far easier to record video and then take the screenshots from that and upload to imgur.
I struggle to remember to deploy and retract hardpoints / deploy gear / select the BEACON rather than the planet on approach / drop the cargo and scoop before I dock... etc...without remembering to take screenshots!

Any questions just post in the thread and people will be happy to help you out.
Finally I'd say that taking part will definately make you a better all-round pilot - a lot of the skills used here are needed in many different situations in normal gameplay.

Go on - you know you want to - and good luck all!

P.S. - Alec - I think wearing a tie while completing the run should really be a requirement! 😁

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I have arrived at the paddock, nice view from here :) I've done a bit of scouting, so let's give this thing a try.

kosxaWqh.jpg

Guess I should be officially stating my intention to race ;)
Cmdr: Elastul Ma'Fer
Ship Type: Hauler
Ship Name: Vespa Mandarinia
Class: Regulation Hauler

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Nice welcome to the Carrier earlier today.
fRBahmlh.jpg

I did have to restart a couple of my runs because of the issue mentioned above, but the third time I timed it so that Edelgard and I didn't have a chance of meeting each other on track... I hoped...

I made a few mistakes, including a couple that hamstrung me a little bit. But I managed to get a run submitted and there's definitely room for improvement which is always a good thing.

It's tricky to synchronise runs as there's no way of knowing how long someone will need to get a key even if you think you know what their route is. I've been doing my runs in Open and I'll continue doing that unless I see that it's causing a conflict, so apologies to Ozric for spoiling your run. I can rearrange my jump order as well, since there's no particular advantage unless I'm dropping in close to an asteroid cluster (only a problem at one stop at present but I can avoid it).

Second Imperial Eagle run submitted. It was my first clean run but still room for a few optimisations.

I am finding fairly consistent times despite trying a few different ships. I ran for the very first time today an adder in race trim. I was surprised how able it was. Never tried one before.

Well I will be dammed..I have just for the very first time raced my tricked out sidey the "Jack Russell". What a hoot..and my best time as well. It won`t shake the serious boys but that was really good fun.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
It's tricky to synchronise runs as there's no way of knowing how long someone will need to get a key even if you think you know what their route is. I've been doing my runs in Open and I'll continue doing that unless I see that it's causing a conflict, so apologies to Ozric for spoiling your run. I can rearrange my jump order as well, since there's no particular advantage unless I'm dropping in close to an asteroid cluster (only a problem at one stop at present but I can avoid it).

Second Imperial Eagle run submitted. It was my first clean run but still room for a few optimisations.
I think you were actually doing you route the reverse of how I was doing mine, or at least that's my assumption from the two times we've met each other. I think realistically it will have virtually no real effect on things, it's more one to be aware of.

Righty Ho! ... scoreboard time, and at the end of day two the scores stand as follows:

iToBjcK.png

I'm afraid that Guardian Tech' has been playing havoc with the scoreboard and it seems the seconds column is currently on the blink. Hopefull I'll be able to get it working again before the race is over!

I'm a bit rushed today I'm afraid so no time for commentary but I did just want to point out that I'm only ranking the fastest time from any given commander but I will show the times for each different ship.

Nice racing everyone, it looks like the competition is hotting up!

P.S. at the last count 98 keys had so far been delivered to KEYS CUT WHILE-U-WAIT!

Last edited:
Quick notice on screenshots.

Don't forget that the run is timed to the landing screenshot, the commodity sale screenshot comes afterwards and is not time critical.

Top Bottom