The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Spring Break! (March 18th through 26th)

Hi Alec!
I kind of remember (I can be wrong!)... if you disable the godem cargo hatch it can't malfunction... (just remember to turn it on when scooping cargo) ...and tell the kids: "You can do whatever you want but don't touch that big red button"
Regards
Onane

Actually, ever since my Buckyball Sag A* run, I habitually run with unnecessary modules powered down. Not because I'm too close to the limits of my power supply, but in order to minimise unnecessary heat (especially while scooping but also, for example, while smuggling). So, power distributor (if I'm not in a combat ship) with 4 pips to engine, 2 to shields and then off and cargo scoop off.

Now, what I saw when I, ahem, misplaced my students, were warnings about heat damage and cargo scoop malfunction. When I checked my Inventory I still had (allegedly) all 20 of my students on board, and I kept checking, but when I docked at Slackaggers' and went to the commodities screen, low and behold 17/20. The second time it happened I even re-activated my cargo scoop, verified I still had 20/20, turned it off again and flew on to Slackaggers'. But when I got there ... 17/20.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
*News Update*
News reached us earlier in the day of an accident between a Cobra and a Type-9 in which 40 passengers needed to be rescued. We managed to get a comment from the pilot of the Cobra who said "Who thought it was a good idea to put large landing pads that close to the front of the bloody station?!? I was happily entering the docking port when a Type-9 appeared from underneath me and crushed my ship into the docking port". The passengers, who were students enjoying their spring break, seemed unfazed by the experience and were looking forward to getting back out again.

The next run was a lot better and slightly less eventful, though I did managed to scrape my hull a little bit. I think I might have actually found a fairly good trip just by using the Galaxy Map and filters, I could also definitely do it a bit better. Evidence submitted.

On a side note, I wonder how many people here have seen Heavy Metal? For some reason the idea of this just had me thinking of these two :p
[video=youtube;sj8W5LhvMtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj8W5LhvMtQ[/video]

Intent to safely* ferry students around:
CMDR Cookiebot
Open Play, no FSD boost
No idea about class and ship yet, but it won't be big enough for a pool.

*Cookiebot OS is still in Alpha development. No liabilities assumed concerning harm caused by Rapid Unscheduled Dissasemblies of any kind.

2 commanders have improved their safety ratings, while CMDR Ozric shows everyone what optimizing the Rideshare class can look like.

2 commanders have improved their safety ratings, while CMDR Ozric shows everyone what optimizing the Rideshare class can look like.

Can I enquire what that scoreboard safety rating chart is sorted on. Obviously there are no winners and losers because this isn't a race but I had thought it might have been sorted on class and then descending safety rating. Also, I'm not entirely sure I'm following the colour coding.

Sorting is alphabetical.

Colours would appear to be: green good, red bad, yellow mediocre, shades inbetween inbetween.

Meanwhile the safest ship in the bubble, the legendary Scoolbus will soon be appearing on said board with a safety rating which will make the rest of you look positively hazardous.

CMDR furrycat has certified in our first Yacht Class vessel, bringing almost as many students to the parties as all other commanders combined! However, while no rescues were required, some in his care reported less than favorable conditions during parts of the trip.

Can I enquire what that scoreboard safety rating chart is sorted on. Obviously there are no winners and losers because this isn't a race but I had thought it might have been sorted on class and then descending safety rating. Also, I'm not entirely sure I'm following the colour coding.

Sorting is alphabetical.

Colours would appear to be: green good, red bad, yellow mediocre, shades inbetween inbetween.

CMDR furrycat has the right of it. If we get more entries, particularly from people cross-certifying in a variety of ships, I'll likely break out each class into its own listing.

If the chart were sorted as Alec has suggested, it might look something like this:
d9o3q0A.png

But that might give the impression of this event being a race, which it most certainly is not.

CMDR furrycat has the right of it. If we get more entries, particularly from people cross-certifying in a variety of ships, I'll likely break out each class into its own listing.

If the chart were sorted as Alec has suggested, it might look something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/d9o3q0A.png
But that might give the impression of this event being a race, which it most certainly is not.

I just can not believe I didn't spot the board was alphabetical. Anyway, I've parked Bickle's Tours for now as I need to do some research for Total Recall (shame really 'cos I reckon' I could turn in a pretty competitive commendable Rideshare entry).

Last edited:
*News Update*

The next run was a lot better and slightly less eventful, though I did managed to scrape my hull a little bit. I think I might have actually found a fairly good trip just by using the Galaxy Map and filters, I could also definitely do it a bit better. Evidence submitted.

On a side note, I wonder how many people here have seen Heavy Metal? For some reason the idea of this just had me thinking of these two :p

Thanks Cmdr Ozric! You made me remember how maths works.
I followed your example and changed path and loadout.
Submitted new run data.

About Heavy Metal's "So Beautiful and So Dangerous" segment; completely agree.

Last edited:
CMDR Inodoro Pereyra has posted what may well be, the highest achievable safety rating for the Rideshare class. But there's still the thrills of FSD injection and running shieldless for those looking to attain even higher ratings.

Hi Seneh! I 'll send the data to certify on Party Barge class.
With shields (even with shield boosters!)
No Injection.
Party Conda
Data sent via PM.
Tardiness was lousy, but Safety Rating was gross.
This is the last run because I want to be alive tomorrow (I saw wife loading the shotgun...).
Thanks & Regards!
Onane

Last edited:
My apologies to Cmdr Inodoro Pereyra, who wrote to me while I was parked up in Slackagers' Hangout.
I had my nose stuck deeply in the GalMap, trying to find all the nearest tourist traps beautiful sights around Exigus. Sorry, I didn't notice your communication. Didn't mean to be rude.

Uh oh! Only one day to go and no route, ship choice and anything and a good few klies to go for CMDR Cookiehole...
I hope to do at least a Road Trip until tomorrow, but I may not be able to achieve the highest safety rating. Well, this is not a race anyway :D

My apologies to Cmdr Inodoro Pereyra, who wrote to me while I was parked up in Slackagers' Hangout.
I had my nose stuck deeply in the GalMap, trying to find all the nearest tourist traps beautiful sights around Exigus. Sorry, I didn't notice your communication. Didn't mean to be rude.

No problem. I guessed you were with the map. [big grin]
Preparing a route for the conda was not trivial.
I used eddb to find the systems, and then Cmdr Alot's edts app to optimize the path and the time (guessing the time for intra system flights)

Last edited:
Party Barge certification info has been received, but the fact checkers are awaiting a reply. The pending rating will indeed, be gross.

Top Bottom