The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Spring Break! (March 18th through 26th)

Looks like I've missed this one, apologies.

I've been ill since last Saturday and I've been having some ISP problems with my broadband going down several times during the evening.

I've decided to start in the "Road Trip"-class with the newly purchased Sidey "Crumb".
Kliggish is looking so lonely there :p

Edit: There might be 4 students floating very close to Fortuna A, as the Cargo Hatch wasn't as heat resistent as I thought.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed on this one at last :( , I was going for a late Friday road trip entry, already parked the Superluminal Coffin at Exigus and done a bit of route scouting...then sh*t happened, and now I'll be left with a good chunk of my right palm missing for several days/few weeks....not the best condition to handle a stick, as of now I can barely handle a mouse [ugh]...

A real pity, I had what I thought was a good route planned, and with the Coffin I'm sure I could have nailed it. Literally.

Apologies to everyone on Seneh's behalf. I was expecting to have a laptop and wifi this weekend, but it didn't happen. Final ratings will be available in a few hours.

Sorry I missed on this one at last :( , I was going for a late Friday road trip entry, already parked the Superluminal Coffin at Exigus and done a bit of route scouting...then sh*t happened, and now I'll be left with a good chunk of my right palm missing for several days/few weeks....not the best condition to handle a stick, as of now I can barely handle a mouse [ugh]...

A real pity, I had what I thought was a good route planned, and with the Coffin I'm sure I could have nailed it. Literally.

Ouch! Burn? Get well soon. :(

No, a lot more stupid than this. Asphalt. And no, I wasn't riding any kind of two-wheeled vehicle. Just dumbness at its highest peak. :eek:
To cut it short, let's say that I found myself in a inconvenient position where it was either grab on to some very thorny brambles, or make a little leap of faith to the road below...I'm a man of faith it seems. :D

At least, now I get it that having 30 years is NOT like having half of them! (a hard thing to explain to the brain)
Thanks anyway ;)

Thanks to Seneh (and Jhyrryl by the sounds of it) for another great Buckyball race event. I'd have loved to have given this some more runs (definitely wanted to try it in a Cobra) but in between on-going illness and a desperate need to scout locations for Total Recall I just plain ran out of time.

Anyway, for those that are interested my final route was ...

spring_break_route.png

(those extra bonus points for multiple stations in the same system radically altered my original route)
.. and my loadout was ..

Screenshot_0115.jpg

A few interesting choices here ... I went for a half size fuel tank to get a bit more range. However that meant I needed a better (size 2) scoop which in turn meant that in order to not incur the no-shield penalty (plus the risk of a less than 100% multiplier at the end) I had to go and find myself some bi-weaves which, unlike conventional shields, do come in a size 1.
P.S. get well soon to AkenBosch ... hmm Brambles or Asphalt, Brambles or Asphalt ... another tough choice in the life of a Buckyballer!

Last edited:
Thanks to Seneh (and Jhyrryl by the sounds of it) for another great Buckyball race event. I'd have loved to have given this some more runs (definitely wanted to try it in a Cobra) but in between on-going illness and a desperate need to scout locations for Total Recall I just plain ran out of time.

Anyway, for those that are interested my final route was ...

View attachment 110275

(those extra bonus points for multiple stations in the same system radically altered my original route)
.. and my loadout was ..

View attachment 110276

A few interesting choices here ... I went for a half size fuel tank to get a bit more range. However that meant I needed a better (size 2) scoop which in turn meant that in order to not incur the no-shield penalty (plus the risk of a less than 100% multiplier at the end) I had to go and find myself some bi-weaves which, unlike conventional shields, do come in a size 1.
P.S. get well soon to AkenBosch ... hmm Brambles or Asphalt, Brambles or Asphalt ... another tough choice in the life of a Buckyballer!

Here is the Conda Route... that worked like a charm (with 112T fuel tank, but used the scoop just in case... (Safety first!, Continuous improvement... Six Sigma... Lean etc...)) :D
00.00Ly ===> Exigus, Slackagers' Hangout (459Ls, Coriolis Starport)
16.48Ly Maghirvii [4.36T]
20.33Ly ===> BD+40 2208, Watson Colony (301Ls, Unknown Starport) [7.46T]
20.08Ly LP 167-71 [7.30T]
20.15Ly ===> Phekda, Ousey City (5840Ls, Coriolis Starport) [7.23T]
========> Phekda, Lee Relay (5890ls, Unknown Starport)
========> Phekda, Wener Orbiter (5860ls, Unknown Starport)
20.21Ly Ross 451 [7.42T]
15.02Ly ===> LHS 2405, Kidman Ring (120Ls, Unknown Starport) [3.37T]
17.77Ly ===> Ikpenones, Salam Terminal (139Ls, Orbis Starport) [5.31T]
13.36Ly G 250-34 [2.53T]
17.30Ly ===> Fortuna, Smith Terminal (242Ls, Orbis Starport) [4.93T]
20.69Ly ===> Hajangai, Schwann Port (337Ls, Orbis Starport) [7.89T]
15.35Ly Tascheter Sector CG-X b1-4 [3.63T]
13.58Ly Deriv-Dar [2.62T]
14.98Ly ===> BD+34 1378, Vance Terminal (492Ls, Unknown Starport) [3.36T]
20.77Ly Hyades Sector RZ-N b7-0 [7.96T]
16.69Ly ===> HIP 33287, Galindo Ring (452Ls, Unknown Starport) [4.42T]
========> HIP 33287, Hawke Station (572Ls, Unknown Starport) 148ls
16.87Ly Hyades Sector SZ-N b7-2 [4.64T]
15.30Ly ===> HIP 35803, Kovalevsky Gateway (1075Ls, Orbis Starport) [3.56T]
========> HIP 35803, Kwolek Station (1078ls, Unknown Starport)
========> HIP 35803, Vela Gateway (1624ls, Unknown Starport)
6.79Ly Tiverta [0.44T]
20.53Ly 63 Geminorum [7.73T]
18.21Ly Lati [5.55T]
16.27Ly ===> Sotuki, Wolf Station (401Ls, Unknown Starport) [4.08T]
14.44Ly ===> Exigus, Slackagers' Hangout (459Ls, Coriolis Starport) [3.10T]

Total distance: 371.17Ly (352.09Ly); total jumps: 22
Total SC distance: 9858Ls; ETT: 54:17; fuel cost: 108.60T
(Just to freak-out Alec)

And my Loadout...
chivas36.jpg
This is pretty common transportation mean here in Colombia for the Spring Break party.

Sorry this was the good one

Thanks Seneh for the time and patience to set and host the race event!! [up]

Last edited:
The final Certification Safety Ratings have been posted, and for curiosity's sake only, I've sorted them by Rating Class from largest to smallest, but of course there is no true comparison of the piloting skills used between each class so the relative differences are pretty much meaningless.

Congrats to CMDR Inodoro Pereyra for certifying in the Party Barge class! And to CMDR Cookiebot for certifying in the Road Trip class.

Good job to everyone who flew; together you transported well over 600 students to 32 different stations in 22 systems! The most popular station was Galindo Ring with 8 visits, while the most popular system was HIP 35803 with 25 station visits.

All information has been submitted to Grant Academics, who will be registering the certifications and making them publicly available in a timely manner.

Thank you everyone! I'm already looking forward to next year's event!

Last edited:
No, a lot more stupid than this. Asphalt. And no, I wasn't riding any kind of two-wheeled vehicle. Just dumbness at its highest peak. :eek:
To cut it short, let's say that I found myself in a inconvenient position where it was either grab on to some very thorny brambles, or make a little leap of faith to the road below...I'm a man of faith it seems. :D

At least, now I get it that having 30 years is NOT like having half of them! (a hard thing to explain to the brain)
Thanks anyway ;)

Sorry about the hard landing AkenBosch... that's what happens when you fly without shields. :x

I think the winners here are the students.. apart from the ones that got a quick taste of the cold vacuum of space. ;)
only three maybe four reports of increased therapy for my passengers. lets hope we've made some buckyballers of the future!
Thanks to Seneh for hosting another fine Buckyball event and congrats to all that took part.

Sorry for not having been able to participate. I didn't even have my route planned when RL interdicted. Saturday was already booked for a family Easter event.

Thanks for hosting the event. Hope I have more luck next time.

Sorry to hear about CMDR AkenBosch's accident. Get well soon and next time try the brambles - the shouldn't impede piloting as much ;)

Thanks Seneh for organizing this event! It has been fun to safely (yeah, that worked well, only 20% loss-of-student) ferry these young people around :D
Although they looked a bit cramped in Crumb's cargo hold (sorry for all those empty cookie packages in there), they seemed to be happy seeing the wonders of the galaxy.
Well, to be honest they didn't see anything, because unlike those expensive luxury vessels a Sidey doesn't have that much window area, but they looked happy when they had left the ship at the end.

Loadout: http://coriolis.io/outfit/sidewinder/02D2D2A1D1D1D1C----0101002j.Iw1-EA==.Aw1-EA==

Route:
===> Exigus, Slackagers' Hangout
===> Sotuki, Wolf Station
===> BD+40 2208, Oswald Gateway, Watson Colony
===> Fortuna, Smith Terminal
===> BD+34 1378, Vance Terminal
===> Exigus, Slackagers' Hangout

12 jumps, a little bit of heat damage and a generous tardiness time
Video: I don't want to let Grant Academics see my safe piloting style! :D

Sorry to hear about AkenBosch's real life hard landing, hope to see you all at Total Recall or the next MWM.
I'll have to buckyball the hell out of the Endurance to reach the bubble in time with a landing capable ship, but that's a good motivation to keep going instead of only remote-controlling the Cookiebots I guess. :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about CMDR AkenBosch's accident. Get well soon and next time try the brambles - the shouldn't impede piloting as much ;)

Thank you! But given the height I had to travel, I'm not sure about that, better a palm bruised on the tarmac than a palm sliced open by some thorns! (and you don't mess with blackberries' thorns)

Congratulations to all the pilots who achieved outstanding safety ratings, and most of all to the students who had the guts to deal with the trips you had them to endure! ;)

Top Bottom