Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Colonia Trophy Dash

A leaderboard update that will probably be the last prior to the September Update, featuring CMDR Ozric's attempts to improve his time in Unlimited with his Asp Explorer Isil managing a run with only two obscured jumps. CMDR Ozric feels that a sub-30 minute time is going to be a challenge, even with no obscured jumps. He has also entered a new ship in Classic, bought and outfitted entirely at Jaques station, the Mamba Black Mamba. The Mamba reportedly handled well, and also survived a couple of rough landings, again with the same two obscured jumps and recorded a time that places it in a respectable fifth, only six seconds behind CMDR crotalus' C Delphinus.
RMAG4YW.png

PDHxQkb.png

UjjDeOj.png

NX9DKdm.png

A small update today, with only CMDR Junagu's Sidewinder entry in Unlimited. Despite the odd bump here and there he managed to get a faster time than his Adder entry, so the Dippsy is now in 4th place.
It has been update week but other Buckyball regulars are known to be in the region...
yyoxX50.png

cQ5oSXT.png

Just one question: for the purposes of this race, do you consider the Enhanced Performance Thrusters to be "engineering", or would they be permissible in the Classic class?

Just one question: for the purposes of this race, do you consider the Enhanced Performance Thrusters to be "engineering", or would they be permissible in the Classic class?
Unfortunately Enhanced Preformance Thrusters are not considered to be standard modules and are disqualified from the Classic Class. Classic Class is meant to use outfitting available in the base game and I am not aware of anyone other than Farseer, Palin, and perhaps Chloe Sedesi who offer them.

Enhanced Performance Thrusters are available only from the bases of Engineers who can modify Thrusters, so they are considered Engineered.
(N.B. that also means Elvira Martuuk and Chloe Sedesi can supply them)

And as promised, completed my first run of the course, and in the exploration-outfitted Orca nonetheless.Thank you for the great views you put together in this course Edelgard!

Pretty much happy with the run, considering I haven't raced for a while, I came in a bit too spicy over Brazilian Dream and had to stand in the orbital naughty corner for 45 seconds and finally also had an obscured jump from there, making me loose another minute and a half (forgot to bookmark an alternate jump location from there, I'd have lost quite a bit less time). It's always good to have margins for improvement.

A good time for another update, with an entry from CMDR Aken B. in Unlimited in his Orca GNV Armonia and, as I was about to make the post, another entry from CMDR crotalus, this time with his Federal Assault Ship, Athena, in both Unlimited and Classic. Both pilots reported good times, despite the odd bump in high gravity (the FAS does drift a bit but it was Fort Mug that caught CMDR crotalus out rather than Brazilian Dream). Planetary alignments seem to be fairly favourable at the moment with only one obscured target reported by CMDR Aken B. .
WhzCn43.png

f5LrhdG.png

FFZBTBZ.png

JwueOsB.png

The other runs CMDR crotalus made at the weekend have now been added. The Python C Pythia managed the best time of the two but had a close call at Brazilian Dream, landing with only 8% hull remaining. Lucky the Python is a tough ship! The Fer de Lance C Nausicaa was much slower, with reported obscured jumps and a hostile interdiction by local security, or so they claimed - there are Buckyball fans in odd places looking for autographs!
It is uncertain whether CMDR crotalus will aim to run all the ships available, as the availability of the Cobra MkIV may prevent a clean sweep. That said, I believe all ship types except possibly those locked behind Federal or Imperial rank are available somewhere in Colonia.
AvFBmaW.png

tQsQtzQ.png

It is uncertain whether CMDR crotalus will aim to run all the ships available, as the availability of the Cobra MkIV may prevent a clean sweep. That said, I believe all ship types except possibly those locked behind Federal or Imperial rank are available somewhere in Colonia.
The only ships not available locally are the Imperial ones (Eagle, Courier, Clipper, Cutter) and the Federal Corvette. Everything else is available from at least one station.

Today's leaderboard update includes only a single entry, from CMDR Aken B. in his Classic Cobra MkIII Out With a Bang, before he took steps to return to the Bubble for Full Throttle at Pareco. He has certainly left his mark on the race, with a time six seconds faster than the previous leader, despite some obscured jumps and a heavy landing at Brazilian Dream. Congratulations CMDR!
IGcBre8.png

hLKO6h6.png

Last edited:
This was the first time I've ever had the chance to compete in a Buckyball event. It was fun! I might just have to put in a few more runs. I think my Adder could give the iEagle a run for its money, and I'd be interested to see how well I can build out a ship for the Classic class as well.

Top Bottom