Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Colonia Trophy Dash

Today's update sees the second Adder run in Unlimited, this time by CMDR crotalus who improves the ship's standing considerably, now placing it ahead of the Imperial Courier and only two seconds adrift of his own Alliance Challenger run, with a time of 37:23 in the Ada. Fresh from a Sgr A* run, the Ada nevertheless has room for further engineering, so improved times are certainly possible. Nice flying CMDR!
3lJSDWb.png

oMuMfkM.png

In today's update, CMDR crotalus has put the Keelback Carina through its paces. It comes in at 12th on the leaderboard with a respectable 38:11 that is faster than the Diamondback Scout and two of the three Imperial Couriers on the board. The ship's shields were tested at Fort Mug but held and no damage was sustained during the run. The ship has a very good jump range but its normal space speed retains some room for improvement, so there is the possibility for this ship to move up the board in future. Good flying CMDR! o7
34wiw4H.png

Cm9KKCF.png

The first update of 3307 is here with a run from CMDR crotalus made on Jan 2nd in his Python Pythia in the Unlimited category. Setting a personal best time of 34:51, he moves into 5th place in the overall ranking, after taking a hard landing at Brazilian Dream but elsewhere his shields held. There is a bit of gap still to Ozric's Asp Explorer in 4th place but this was a very good performance from the versatile Python showing that on this course it can hold it's own. Nice flying CMDR! o7
C1Uauf7.png

h6vQd0b.png

Formally submitting my intent to give this some serious attempts over the next few days.

I'm out here on my "Going to Colonia" adventure and have decided it's about time I had a go at this.

I had a quick practice run yesterday and my first serious go today so a first attempt has now been submitted but there's definitely room for improvement.

I'm currently flying the ship I came out here in, a Krait Mk II named Outworn Dalliances.

rY2JiiY.jpg

In today's update, CMDR Alec Turner, visiting the Colonia region for the first time, has made a worthy attempt in Unlimited with his Krait MkII Outworn Dalliances. His time of 35:30 places him in 8th place overall and this was with some obscured jumps - also he seems to have have night-time landings at every stop. This is a decent first effort and very close to CMDR Aken B.'s Orca time, so well done, CMDR. He intends to improve on his time and there are other CMDRs also out on the course so this could be an interesting few days. Fly fast!
VAQLk34.png

UapLB98.png

It is not often to have updates in quick succession but there has been an increase in activity on the course. All the action has been in Unlimited.

Firstly, CMDR Max Bothin makes his debut in his Asp Explorer Mustang Sally, normally a pirate ship and showing a good turn of speed here with a time of 42:21. Welcome to the Buckyball Racing Club CMDR and I hope you enjoyed taking part! Next up, CMDR Alec Turner has improved his time in his Krait MkII Outworn Dalliances by a minute, now placing 5th with a time of 34:30, though still suffering from obscured jumps. Finally, regular racer CMDR crotalus has brought his Alliance Chieftain Libertas to Colonia and her time of 35:07 is just one second faster than that of his Eagle MkII, Harpy.

CMDR Alec Turner feels that his Krait MkII has yet more time to give and he is not the only CMDR out on the course, so more updates may yet be in the offing. Fly fast CMDRs! o7
oaMGeS2.png

SUH3i3m.png

A short update today with CMDR crotalus' latest effort, this time in Unlimited in his Asp Scout Hecla. Having previously flown an Asp Scout C Hecla in Classic, the benefits of engineering have allowed him to register a time almost exactly 6 min. faster: 35:04, which is only a few seconds behind his personal best time in his Python Pythia. Indeed, he has registered some consistent times of late and this latest entry is the fastest of a group of three within 4 seconds of each other. Fine flying! o7
Ug6DKDx.png

NRqJ6IJ.png

CMDR Alec Turner has submitted a new Unlimited time for his Krait MkII Outworn Dalliances that is just 2 seconds faster than his previous time in that ship, now giving him 34:28, in an effort to secure his position. There are some close times on the board, so time will tell how important this decision was!
V7b3CLq.png

IMFPAKT.png

Today's update features CMDR crotalus' 2nd best time ever, in Unlimited with his Dolphin class vessel Delphinus. Completing the course in just 35:02, only his Python Pythia is faster and this run claims the number 7 spot on the leaderboard. CMDR crotalus has certainly got the hang of the track and has a number of very consistent times within just a few seconds of each other. Fine flying, CMDR! o7
6YCL1Ef.png

shU6d6Y.png

This update includes CMDR crotalus' efforts in his Imperial Cutter, Pandora. It is not often that a large class ship attempts this course so well done for that and for the time - at 39:58 it shows the forty minute mark can probably be beaten by just about any ship. There were some heavy landings but only in the high gravity at Brazilian Dream were the shields breached. Another fine run CMDR, well done! o7
vFVRRWa.png

1ghUXp7.png
Unfortunately I must now make a short Announcement:
As of today, 6th March 2021, the race is on hiatus for health reasons for one month. On 6th April 2021 the race will hopefully resume. Runs made during this time will still be valid but should not be submitted, as I am looking to both deal with my health issues and for someone to potentially take over administration for the race if I am still consistently unwell. This may entail a new race thread if someone else takes over, so please wait until you know to whom you should be submitting your entries.

A short Announcement:

CMDR Alec Turner has volunteered to take over the running of the race for now. Until he has set up a new race thread, entries can be submitted to him via alec (dot) turner (at) buckyballracing (dot) org (dot) uk
Many thanks to Alec for volunteering your time and effort!

Fly fast, CMDRs! o7

A short Announcement:

CMDR Alec Turner has volunteered to take over the running of the race for now. Until he has set up a new race thread, entries can be submitted to him via alec (dot) turner (at) buckyballracing (dot) org (dot) uk
Many thanks to Alec for volunteering your time and effort!

Fly fast, CMDRs! o7
Get well soon Edelgard! In the meantime, when I get a moment I'll create a new forum thread (which I'll link here) where I can post leaderboard updates in your absence. Oh, and if people want to pm their submissions to me on the forum then that might be better than emailing them as stuff tends to get lost and forgotten in my inbox.

This update includes CMDR crotalus' efforts in his Imperial Cutter, Pandora. It is not often that a large class ship attempts this course so well done for that and for the time - at 39:58 it shows the forty minute mark can probably be beaten by just about any ship. There were some heavy landings but only in the high gravity at Brazilian Dream were the shields breached. Another fine run CMDR, well done! o7
vFVRRWa.png

1ghUXp7.png
Unfortunately I must now make a short Announcement:
As of today, 6th March 2021, the race is on hiatus for health reasons for one month. On 6th April 2021 the race will hopefully resume. Runs made during this time will still be valid but should not be submitted, as I am looking to both deal with my health issues and for someone to potentially take over administration for the race if I am still consistently unwell. This may entail a new race thread if someone else takes over, so please wait until you know to whom you should be submitting your entries.
Sad to hear about your ongoing health issues. Get well soon commander.

Greetings CMDRs!
After a break of over five months, during which CMDR Alec Turner took over, I am now well enough to continue administrating this event!
I would like to thank CMDR Alec Turner very much for his time and effort in keeping this event going during what has been a pretty unpleasant time for me. It is very much appreciated o7
I have received the latest leaderboards and will update the thread with them either today or tomorrow.
Interested parties may now, as stated in the OP, send their entries to me.
As the terrain is changing on the landable worlds and outpost location also changing in Odyssey, entries done under Odyssey will be marked as such on the leaderboards.
Fly fast!
o7
CMDR Edelgard von Rhein

Greetings CMDRs and welcome to my first update since taking back control of the running of this race!
This time we have one of the big ships taking part with one of the big players more usually seen in the Bubble: CMDR Shaye Blackwood has taken his Anaconda Ulmo around the course in a remarkable time of 34:27 in an Unlimited run. The run was not without mishap, in particular a small amount of hull damage was sustained at the higher-gravity surface outposts and CMDR Shaye admits he can get a few more seconds out of the ship. His entry is already very fast for the unwieldy Anaconda, with a time only one second faster than another Buckyball regular, CMDR Alec Turner, in his Krait MkII Outworn Dalliances, and places 11th overall. Fine flying CMDR o7
4OOR9O4.png

iBVgxpn.png

Greetings CMDRs,
August is drawing to a close but the competition has been getting busy, with two runs from two CMDRs placing on the fastest times for their ship type (Unlimited) in the last 48 hours.
The first of these is the effort by CMDR Epaphus in the Krait Phantom HSS Schiaparelli, with a respectable time of 39:04. This is notable not only for being the first Krait Phantom run in Unlimited but also it appears to have been conducted in Odyssey. I'm not sure whether to mark the entry on the leaderboard as such since I see no obvious advantage at this time, though with the surface bases potentially being at different longitudes the chances of an obscured jump might vary differently. Thank you for taking part CMDR and I hope you enjoyed the race!
The second, just in as I was compiling the update(!), is from CMDR Shaye Blackwood who has been trying to improve his time in his Anaconda Ulmo. With one less obscured jump, no loss of shields during the attempt, and a particularly good touchdown at Pedersen's Legacy (not to mention arriving exactly facing Mortimer's Charm upon exit from supercruise), the improved time of 33:02 places 6th on the leaderboard and only 2 seconds behind CMDR Ozric's Asp Explorer run in Isil. CMDR Shaye believes there is plenty of room for improvement and indeed an unfortunate lamppost delayed his touchdown at Fort Mug, that otherwise was almost as good as at Pedersen's Legacy and something also seemed to zero his throttle on approach to Brazilian Dream. Just how fast can an Anaconda go? Shaye intends to find out! Fine flying CMDR. o7
eiAhfHE.png

1PPnq2F.png

Greetings CMDRs!
Today we have two entries in Unlimited class, surpassing the previous best times for their respective ships.
The first of these two runs was made by CMDR Aken B. in the Sidewinder Thunderchirp, the time of 34:24 moving the humble starter ship well up the table of fastest ships so that it lies only 4 seconds behind the Krait MkII Katla piloted by CMDR crotalus. This run is 12th overall, being 4 seconds faster than the other Krait MkII time recorded, the Outworn Dalliances of CMDR Alec Turner. The Federal Gunship now lies at the foot of the table.
The second of today's new entries was by the regular to the course, CMDR crotalus, bringing his Krait Phantom Celeste to the track not long after the ship type was first flown by CMDR Epaphus in the HSS Schiaparelli. With a time of 35:52, the Krait Phantom moves ahead of the Fer de Lance (the Nausicaa, also piloted by CMDR crotalus) on the fastest ships table. CMDR crotalus made his attempt using Odyssey and was frustrated by four obscured jumps, so the Krait Phantom definitely has more to give on the course.
Well done to both these CMDRs! Fly fast o7
bcsArYB.png

QWoyIkz.png

Top Bottom