Community Event / Creation The Buckyball Racing Club Presents: Total Recall (27.08.3302 - 04.09.3302)

MUCH BETTER tip of the day: while you're there, pick up some auto-fabricators at Cernobog / Kirkwood Terminal and take them to the Morai Community Goal (don't forget to sign up first). I made 12 million in about 5 minutes and 24 million in about 15! The payouts are INSANE and will fund your facing career for the next 6 months.

P.S.
I must say that Unlimited Course is very evil!
biggrin.png

Mwah ha HAAAAAA!

Last edited:
MUCH BETTER tip of the day: while you're there, pick up some auto-fabricators at Cernobog / Kirkwood Terminal and take them to the Morai Community Goal (don't forget to sign up first). I made 12 million in about 5 minutes and 24 million in about 15! The payouts are INSANE and will fund your facing career for the next 6 months.
I'm going to have to do that to replace the SRV's I've had to self destruct:D Anyway run submitted and Xbox Bug report submitted, here's the video evidence.
[video=youtube_share;PjpEO5dKX-M]https://youtu.be/PjpEO5dKX-M[/video]
Fly fast, drive fast and get some air CMDR's[arrrr]

First run submitted.
Great race course, it was a lot of fun! The only really annoying thing was when my ship decided to land on a mountain 2km back despite me being in a big flat area... :D
I'm pretty sure there is still a big margin for time improvements; flying close to the limit when it comes to planetary landings and SRV flight in difficult terrain isn't all that easy :)
The hyperspace and SC dropout times weren't really favourable and while they make up less time in a race like this I feel like the Galaxy is a bit unstable at the moment.
Looking forward to do another few runs; also a spontaneous live race might be very entertaining (if some of us are around the starting line at the same time which is probably unlikely...)

Cmdr Aken B. reporting for race duty:

Regulation Hauler
Batteries Not Included

I may evaluate an unlimited entry, if time allows (unlikely).

And thank you Alec for the cg tip, promptly repurposed the Holy Cow to a 232t cargo build, engines still red-hot from the voyage home...now waiting for those 24 millions. Easy money, sweet money.

Well after the first official attempt, as in actually trying to achieve a good time and taking screenshots, I am starting to think that these TrackMark tyres are letting me down.
My poor time of 01:30:01 has nothing to do with the fact that I haven't driven/flown an SRV since the first Total Recall challenge. It has nothing to do with the fact that my ship will
land some 1.5km away from where I recalled it, on the roughest possible surface. Nor the fact that I tend to go for the highest elevation away from bases in order to avoid driving
off a cliff, crater edge or a canyon. I have Iron Maiden's Run To The Hills song playing in my head each time I deploy the SRV...
So back to trying again today, perhaps I shouldn't be "trying" as I had a better time while scouting the course. As long as the ship decides to work with me and not against me.
hPZHmX3.png

I had a hunch and just googled it for verification. I hereby claim my +1.
I didn't even think whether a Google Image search would find the right image, but after checking it myself, I am convinced you seen an image of Taxi B09. So have yourself a +1.

I didn't even think whether a Google Image search would find the right image, but after checking it myself, I am convinced you seen an image of Taxi B09. So have yourself a +1.

Nope, definitely B90. Maybe we're not thinking of the same one after all ...

No really, it's a spoiler ...
10387081_4.jpg

Ittttttttttttttt's scoreboard time!

XUIc2k2.png

First up, as some of you may have already noticed, I completely forgot not to reveal the exact times yesterday so it looks like we're on full disclosure from the outset this time around (I'm sure the TrakMark lawyers would approve anyway).

So, in order of submission, first we have the return of Cmdr Terrorsidic flying an Anaconda called (if I've got it right) "ALD Anaconda" and a time of 1hr 20m 26s. With all the rumours of Alien invasion buzzing around he's taking no chances and is running full weapon loadout plus 2 SRV bays (another tick from the TrakMark lawyers) and enough cargo bays to make 24million from a single trip to Morai. He also managed an absolutely staggering 1.58km high Big Air challenge. All the judges can say to that is ... Duuuuuuude!

Next it's Cmdr Talwin Darkmorr for our first regulation Hauler entry, taking "HellsBells" around the course in a time of 1h 16m 23s. Considering he's been plagued by SRV recall bugs in a race that's all about recalling your SRV I'd say that's a pretty darn good effort. He also managed a 313m high Big Air which, considering that's the height of the Chrysler building, I'd have also said was pretty good were it not for the competition he's up against.

Then along came Cmdr cookiehole. What can I say ... 44m 18s. Pretty much speaks for itself. It won't hurt that he's managed to coax a 50ly jump range out of his "RSXRS Falcon" Asp Explorer but cookiehole has always been a consummate Buckyballer and it seems Total Recall is no exception. Well done sir, very well done indeed. These law suits are gonna get laughed out of court when the judges hear about that one! Oh, and a very nice Big Air too - 745m - which put you in 2nd place at the moment.

And last but not least, another regulation Hauler entry from Cmdr Bruski taking the "Lazarus" into an early lead with a time of 57m 14s. Congratulations on breaking the hour barrier and also on a pretty decent 718m high SRV jump which puts you into 3rd place on the Big Air challenge.

Congratulations one and all, and for those of you in the UK, enjoy your bank holiday. May RL demand little of you and leave you free to soar fast and high.

o7

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Cmdr Aken B. reporting for race duty:

Regulation Hauler
Batteries Not Included

I may evaluate an unlimited entry, if time allows (unlikely).

And thank you Alec for the cg tip, promptly repurposed the Holy Cow to a 232t cargo build, engines still red-hot from the voyage home...now waiting for those 24 millions. Easy money, sweet money.

Apologies, didn't read this in time to get the name of your Hauler onto today's scoreboard. Hopefully the 24 million credits more than makes up for that! ;)

Last edited:
Errr dude, check again. It hit another tier. The 50% reward now sits at 86 million!
Aaaaaand it's over. I think the 50% payout was around $138m. And I'm still a tiny bit sad since I hauled 3200 tons and was in the top 25%, and got bumped down at the last minute. :p Appreciated the tip though! Also I think the British Back Holiday must've sped it up a ridiculous amount.

Now off to scout in the Sugar Glider, and optimize it a bit more, because DAMN cookiehole, that time is riduclous.

Last edited:
Errr dude, check again. It hit another tier. The 50% reward now sits at 86 million!

I don't even know what to do with my newly aquired 200+ Million :D
Well, I guess part of that goes into the insurance of Endurance, somehow managed to boost-destroy whatever ship in the letterbox somewhere (it was an accident, I swear!) and that station wasn't exactly friendly to me afterwards :p

She carried me to Jacques with a full cargo, she carried me over the surface of dozens planets and moon, she carried me to the very core of the Milky Way and all the way back. She endured the heat of countless suns, the brunt of many rushed landings, she evaded skimmers, cargo scans, she escaped interdictions, severals, many of them shieldless. She made me milk 138.000.000 credits with just three 230 tons trips on the Cernobog-Morai route. And I hear people say that the Type 7 is a useless ship.

All hail the Holy Cow!

OMG_holy_cow_learn_english_blog_%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A4%E0%B8%A9.png

Now, I think I have an adequate amount of credits to buy that Hauler for the race :D

Ok, I tried. This is no Total Recall, this is Brutal Recall [big grin]

These new srv stages are hideous as much as they are fun, a very good selection Alec!
I had multiple recalls on four out of four occasions, the Gwynn one was particularly hilarious:
1 - the ship decides to land 4 km away from me, practically back at the base

2 - upon new recall, the ship lands a few hundred meters away...just ahead of a little mound, no way to sneak under

3 - new recall, the ship lands exactly on the same spot

4 - new recall, same as above

5 - last recall, I opt to wait on the exact spot where the bay was supposed to land again, the ship lands again at the same spot, with me perfectly aligned for boarding. Off to strange new worlds!

Hope to get something better in days ahead...who cares about adversities anyway, I'm a wealthy commander now :cool:

Now, I think I have an adequate amount of credits to buy that Hauler for the race :D

and now back to racing...

Amen to that. Scoreboard update incoming within the next hour (hopefully).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Ok, I tried. This is no Total Recall, this is Brutal Recall [big grin]

These new srv stages are hideous as much as they are fun, a very good selection Alec!
I had multiple recalls on four out of four occasions, the Gwynn one was particularly hilarious:
1 - the ship decides to land 4 km away from me, practically back at the base

2 - upon new recall, the ship lands a few hundred meters away...just ahead of a little mound, no way to sneak under

3 - new recall, the ship lands exactly on the same spot

4 - new recall, same as above

5 - last recall, I opt to wait on the exact spot where the bay was supposed to land again, the ship lands again at the same spot, with me perfectly aligned for boarding. Off to strange new worlds!

Hope to get something better in days ahead...who cares about adversities anyway, I'm a wealthy commander now :cool:

Urghh, sorry! It was supposed to be Brutal Recall but not necessarily for the reasons above. I hope you have better luck this week.

Tada!

fXEQr5c.png

Just two new updates today and both from BACKER #-4112 but valiant stuff nevertheless. Yesterday the battered yellow "Taxi B90" bounced around the regulation Hauler course in 1h 8m 18s and then, in the early hours of this morning (UK time), managed to shave over 2 minutes off that time to consolidate 2nd place with a run of 1h 5m 58s. Excellent stuff commander. Sorry the hour barrier has eluded you and, despite claims to the contrary, perhaps you'll be tempted back before the end of the week for one more attempt?

Oh, and it's a double-second for Korben Dallas the BACKER as he soars into 2nd place in the Big Air challenge with an epic 811m jump.

P.S. I found this on the outskirts of Reinmuth Landing, I'm guessing it's yours.

TYt2QFC.png

Last edited:
Got a bunch of Haulers scattered around the bubble, all outfitted the same, same Yellow Terrain pain job, and the longest jump range possible. They serve one purpose only, which
is to get me from one stored ship to another. They are my taxis. So when it came to Total Recall, just had to strip the shield, downgrade the fuel scoop and drop an SRV into one.

P.S. I found this on the outskirts of Reinmuth Landing, I'm guessing it's yours.

I thought I lost that near Erikson Terminal. I came across a mining facility on the side of a cliff and the locals weren't too pleased with my presence:

GeyZ41W.png

I managed to get my taxi back to base with only 27% hull.
LVs0GLT.png

Well done putting this event together, if I get a chance, I'll try a run in the Unlimited Class.

Top Bottom