PvP The Bug Exploiting of FleetComm.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Blocking Exploit in Elite: Dangerous

Links to evidence below.
All reference to names have been covered to prevent naming and shaming.

I recently made a post referring to the current block exploit circulating in Elite: Dangerous, on the Frontier Forums. It was immediately brigaded by members of Fleetcomm, with no Frontier Forums Moderation intervention.

Which has even been advocated to be exploited by leader's of DW2, and Fleetcomm; in the Fleetcomm Discord server, with targeted blocking based on Open player's play style.

Why is this an exploit?

Because it is not intended by Frontier Developments that in order to block someone, you must abuse an exploit/ bug; by sending a friend request first, blocking the CMDR, then cancelling the sent friend request. This is because you haven't communicated, nor instanced with the person in the first place. So they can not possibly be a culprit of anything that would involve harassment, spam, or any of the other valid reasons for a block.

Why is this a problem?

This is a problem, because killing player's in Open Mode is a Frontier Approved game-play style. And allowing this exploit to continue results in people blocking, and relies on abusing a safe-space for Open Mode, based on incompetence, or lack of skill.

Furthermore, with the upcoming plans for 'Open Powerplay', this can be exploited by simply blocking instance with your opposition, rendering it utterly pointless.

**For example:**

'CMDR SociopathicGankerMan9000' can abuse this exploit by ganking a CMDR, but also blocking the inevitable 'CMDR LawfulBountyHuntingPlayer' ganking opposition that are opposing him in Open Play, which would normally result in emergent gameplay PvP.

What can be done about it?

All you can do, is simply participate in the bug reporting for this exploit, over on the Frontier Forums, do not brigade, or attempt to censor any opposing opinions, and rather state the facts, and allow for Frontier Developments to do the right thing, and patch this game breaking exploit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/475759-Block-Player-Exploit
https://imgur.com/a/Osie633

Last edited:
Blocking Exploit in Elite: Dangerous

Links to evidence below.
All reference to names have been covered to prevent naming and shaming.

I recently made a post referring to the current block exploit circulating in Elite: Dangerous, on the Frontier Forums. It was immediately brigaded by members of Fleetcomm, with no Frontier Forums Moderation intervention.

Which has even been advocated to be exploited by leader's of DW2, and Fleetcomm; in the Fleetcomm Discord server, with targeted blocking based on Open player's play style.

Why is this an exploit?

Because it is not intended by Frontier Developments that in order to block someone, you must abuse an exploit/ bug; by sending a friend request first, blocking the CMDR, then cancelling the sent friend request. This is because you haven't communicated, nor instanced with the person in the first place. So they can not possibly be a culprit of anything that would involve harassment, spam, or any of the other valid reasons for a block.

Why is this a problem?

This is a problem, because killing player's in Open Mode is a Frontier Approved game-play style. And allowing this exploit to continue results in people blocking, and relies on abusing a safe-space for Open Mode, based on incompetence, or lack of skill.

Furthermore, with the upcoming plans for 'Open Powerplay', this can be exploited by simply blocking instance with your opposition, rendering it utterly pointless.

**For example:**

'CMDR SociopathicGankerMan9000' can abuse this exploit by ganking a CMDR, but also blocking the inevitable 'CMDR LawfulBountyHuntingPlayer' ganking opposition that are opposing him in Open Play, which would normally result in emergent gameplay PvP.

What can be done about it?

All you can do, is simply participate in the bug reporting for this exploit, over on the Frontier Forums, do not brigade, or attempt to censor any opposing opinions, and rather state the facts, and allow for Frontier Developments to do the right thing, and patch this game breaking exploit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/475759-Block-Player-Exploit
https://imgur.com/a/Osie633

So I get that this bug is anoying but I thought you can block anyone in the history panel as well? So like block drop out into normal space then pop back and blocked person gone. So all this does is now requires people to FR you first then you can block them??? I don’t block people so I am genuinely curious what the problem is. I guess its the ability to block someone you never meet. Once again I believe that has always been possible. However I could be wrong. This latest update has been quite hard on pvp with the whole mass lock borking and now what seems like preimtive blocking tho I always thought it was possible

Oh well good luck on your mission dude
o7

So I get that this bug is anoying but I thought you can block anyone in the history panel as well? So like block drop out into normal space then pop back and blocked person gone. So all this does is now requires people to FR you first then you can block them??? I don’t block people so I am genuinely curious what the problem is. I guess its the ability to block someone you never meet. Once again I believe that has always been possible. However I could be wrong. This latest update has been quite hard on pvp with the whole mass lock borking and now what seems like preimtive blocking tho I always thought it was possible

Oh well good luck on your mission dude
o7

Yeah, so the problem has now arisen, because you used to have to be instanced with the person.

Although blocking has always stopped/ reduced instance, which will kill Open Powerplay, it is now that you can do this without ever instancing with them in the first place.

Blocking is a feature to be used when someone harasses, spams, or breaks TOS. And if we assume no pre-communication has occurred, then you don't even need to have instanced with the person to be blocked, now.

This means targeted systematic, discrimination occurs, which can be seen above.

Imagine Open Powerplay like this:

1) Block entire of (X) faction.
2) Win, because they can't instance.
3) Become 'invincible' in a PvP mode.

It's asinine.

Last edited:

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
This is not a feature limited to PvP. General discussions can be done here, or if it's a suggestion about changing something you can post it here.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom