Operating System - Windows 10
Processor Model - Intel 7th Generation Core i7
Processor Speed (Base) - 2.7 gigahertz
System Memory (RAM) - 12 GB
Type of Memory (RAM) - DDR4 SDRAM
System Memory RAM Speed - 2133 megahertz
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
Video Memory - 2000 megabytes
Screen Resolution -1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
Display Type - Full HD Widescreen LED
Hard Drive RPM - 5400 revolutions per minute
Cooling System - Air

Samsung - NP740U5M-X01US

Operating System - Windows 10
Processor Model - Intel 7th Generation Core i7
Processor Speed (Base) - 2.7 gigahertz
System Memory (RAM) - 12 GB
Type of Memory (RAM) - DDR4 SDRAM
System Memory RAM Speed - 2133 megahertz
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
Video Memory - 2000 megabytes
Screen Resolution -1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
Display Type - Full HD Widescreen LED
Hard Drive RPM - 5400 revolutions per minute
Cooling System - Air

You can run the game, but the experience will not be ideal.

I got a member of a forum i use to test my park on his new system -

32gb ram
amd thread ripper 1950x ocd to 4.1 ghz
390 x amd gpu
nvme drive

he got the same fps as my intel 6 core, although it loaded up and used all the cores of the thread ripper, it only used 20% of each core/thread.
So this must be an engine limitation or code issue?
I was thinking of increasing my core to help with this game but no point if it aint utilizing them to there fullest.?

I got a member of a forum i use to test my park on his new system -

32gb ram
amd thread ripper 1950x ocd to 4.1 ghz
390 x amd gpu
nvme drive

he got the same fps as my intel 6 core, although it loaded up and used all the cores of the thread ripper, it only used 20% of each core/thread.
So this must be an engine limitation or code issue?
I was thinking of increasing my core to help with this game but no point if it aint utilizing them to there fullest.?

Hey Atomic,

The game is optimized to use multiple cores and even hyper threading. But since the game uses DX11, drawcalls are still limited to the main thread, which favors high core speeds. So multiple cores does increase performance up to a certain point, after which single core performance is more important.

Hey Atomic,

The game is optimized to use multiple cores and even hyper threading. But since the game uses DX11, drawcalls are still limited to the main thread, which favors high core speeds. So multiple cores does increase performance up to a certain point, after which single core performance is more important.

Thanks for the info, just seems odd it isnt using all the threads/cores at say 90 to 100% rather than just 20% per core/thread.

Thanks for the info, just seems odd it isnt using all the threads/cores at say 90 to 100% rather than just 20% per core/thread.

Not really odd. Certain parts of the program need results of other parts of the program. It is impossible to have everything computed at once.

I don't know where you are from, but those laptops seem very expensive for the level of hardware you get. All of them have very weak GPUs which will struggle to properly run the game.

That is exactly my thought process. How come I cant find a decent laptop in America (East Coast) with a good GPU. Its frustrating. Everything is over priced. I thought prehaps buying a mid model and an external graphics card. Would that at all be a viable option? If so what are your thoughts or recommendations?

Last edited:
That is exactly my thought process. How come I cant find a decent laptop in America (East Coast) with a good GPU. Its frustrating. Everything is over priced. I thought prehaps buying a mid model and an external graphics card. Would that at all be a viable option? If so what are your thoughts or recommendations?

If you really want a laptop that's powerfull enough to play PC, I would be looking at an Alienware (Dell), It's your best bet at buying a descent laptop for gaming. Still these are as well a bit overpriced. The only other option is building (or let someone else do it) a desktop yourself.

When it comes to gaming I always think stock desktop's are never an option.

Last edited:
I found this machine last night online. Thoughts?

Samsung Note 9 Pro
NP940X5M-X01US

Intel Core I7 7500
256GB SSD
16 GB Memory
AMD Radeon 540

If you really want a laptop that's powerfull enough to play PC, I would be looking at an Alienware (Dell), It's your best bet at buying a descent laptop for gaming. Still these are as well a bit overpriced. The only other option is building (or let someone else do it) a desktop yourself.

When it comes to gaming I always think stock desktop's are never an option.

NEVER BUY ALIENWARE!! [tongue]

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I found this machine last night online. Thoughts?

Samsung Note 9 Pro
NP940X5M-X01US

Intel Core I7 7500
256GB SSD
16 GB Memory
AMD Radeon 540

Try to find a laptop with a 960m or preferably a 1050. You should be able to find something with a decent price since you live in America. Hardware is usually cheaper over there.

After days or looking, reading PC magazines, web site blogs, reviews, etc. This is the best I can find with literally everything on it. Not only PC game playing but also video and picture editing. Watching movies on the go. Versatile machine. I've done a TON or research.

The only thing is I wish it was 4G instead of a 2G on the GPU but I would never find a perfect laptop. This is pretty darn close though. :)

Thank you for your help Chems!!!

After days or looking, reading PC magazines, web site blogs, reviews, etc. This is the best I can find with literally everything on it. Not only PC game playing but also video and picture editing. Watching movies on the go. Versatile machine. I've done a TON or research.

The only thing is I wish it was 4G instead of a 2G on the GPU but I would never find a perfect laptop. This is pretty darn close though. :)

Thank you for your help Chems!!!

No problem! If you want 4 GB try looking for a laptop with a 1050 TI. It is only a little bit more expensive and a lot more future proof!

Hi all. I'm on a tight budget but would love to play this game so am getting a friend to build me a new desktop. With these specs what kind of performance can I expect? Also what graphical setting would I be playing on? Many thanks.. cpu AMD FX 8350 8core 4ghz unlocked.AMD Rx 460 4gb.8gb Fury ram.Kingston ssd.

Hey! I'm so sorry, I think I've replied to this thread before, but that was my PC, so I want to try my mum's PC this time. I haven't been on these forums in aaaages, lol, so I'm so sorry if I do anything wrong.

My Mum's PC

Intel i5 Core 4250M 2.60ghz
Intel HD Graphics 4600 Mobile
Memory - 16GB Ram

If I need to include anything else, please tell me, I know NOTHING about computer's lol, just went on 'dxdiag' on her computer. Also, if I wrote out the details wrong, sorry again!! XD

Can i Play Planet coaster

Can i Play Planet Toaster?
Display: 39,62 cm (15,6"), matt
Auflösung: 1366 x 768 Pixel
Prozessor: Intel Core i5-4210U (2 x 1,7 GHz, mit Turbo 2,7 GHz)
Grafik: Intel HD Graphics 4400
Arbeitsspeicher: 8 GB DDR3L (1600 MHz)
Festplatte: 500 GB Festplatte
Laufwerke / Card Reader: DVD±RW DL, Speicherkartenleser (SD/MMC)
Netzwerk: Gigabit-Ethernet, WLAN INTEL 3160 1X1 AC , Bluetooth 4.0
Anschlüsse: HDMI, VGA, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, RJ-45, Kopfhörer, Mikrofon
Eingabegeräte: Tastatur mit Nummernblock, Touchpad
Akku: 4 Zellen 2200 mAh
Abmessungen / Gewicht: 380 x 262 x 24,7 mm, 2,34 kg
Kamera: HD-Webcam
Betriebssystem: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Top Bottom