The Canonn - Interstellar Scientific Research

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's to be made up.....but if you want a history of the group.......https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=175726

Oh I see! I should have recognized the name from the UA threads! Pure Awesomeness, and I really appreciate how you guys try to actually be scientific in the game. Hopefully FD supports this kind of investigation by providing actual experimentation and sampling mechanics in the future. That is my big dream for the future of ED.

Oh I see! I should have recognized the name from the UA threads! Pure Awesomeness, and I really appreciate how you guys try to actually be scientific in the game. Hopefully FD supports this kind of investigation by providing actual experimentation and sampling mechanics in the future. That is my big dream for the future of ED.

Well in a way currently what we've done is the mechanics that are there as the canisters are sorta like preserving the inside items if it can fit them in.

Today is now the 30th.....which is the last FULL day of voting for the Canonn's home system! As votes sent in after 1pm GMT on the 31st won't be counted so get your votes in before then, if you submit your vote after that time and date, it will not be counted.

If you have not recived the poll pm and are part of Canonn then pm Derthek as soon as possible!

Also I am working on something to make comunicating somewhat easier for people to quickly get attention, which may or may not work out but is far from completion.

So at today's shenanigans at Timocani thanks to Derthek, I mentioned the idea of having a couple of Canonn fun events - namely:

Cannon Fight Club

The 1st rule of Canonn fight club is that we don't talk about Canonn fight club (except when we talk about it to make it happen, and talk about it cos we want to, and other exceptions)

The 2nd rule of Canonn fight club is no shield cell banks. We fight in equal loadout small ships. We can fight to 50% hull or to death depending on pilots agreement.

The 3rd rule of Canonn fight club is if it's your first time, you have to fight. Unless you just want to float about filming and eating biscuits, or not filming and eating biscuits. Or just floating about in space without eating any biscuits. in which case that's fine. No big deal.

And:

Cannon Race Club.

The first rule... you get the idea

Equal loadouts (Eagles) and a nice big station to race around, like XYZ. Simples.

Might as well have fun when we have our own system to play in, take our minds off the intense sciencing and so on.
Anyone interested? If there's enough interest I'll look at organising it further.

o7

Last edited:
My vote will be cast tomorrow before deadline, on return to what approximates normality for me. Thanks all for taking the time and effort to coordinate this, within the significant constraints applied.

From left field - because I've been reading unrelatedy - I have a suggestion for consideration for a 'motto' or subtitle for the Canonn (I'm sure there must be others equally valid or indeed better), that seems apt, gels with the considerable overall SCIENCE! that has been applied from the outset, and hell - why not, it fits and I like it:

"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."

Douglas Adams.

I'm going to also throw this in here:

Allthough very much intrigued by the mystery we've all been concentrating on so far, it was actually the people taking part past and present that drew me to participate in the madness. There are many examples of applied intelligence, significant dedication, real academic thinking, exuberance, technical ability, enthusiasm, freeform thinking, despondence, peer review, and clear deduction from available data in evidence. With humour and wit in abundance, good words, cooperation and organisation without central organisation, and the occasional disagreement and drama (as is only proper). With no direct reveal pretty much confirmed - only a next page - still we continue. Happy to be a part of that.

Onwards and upwards!

So at today's shenanigans at Timocani thanks to Derthek, I mentioned the idea of having a couple of Canonn fun events - namely:

Cannon Fight Club

Cannon Race Club.

I've got an 'interesting' technique and I'm more than willing to bring it.

I didn't quite follow all of the rules, though. Still concussed from my collisions earlier in Timocani.

@Timsk - liking the motto idea

Last edited:
"For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."

Douglas Adams.

If I may be allowed to contribute another quote from the great man:

"They obstinately persisted in their absence"
Douglas Adams.

Which has a certain resonance IMO :)

RACE DAY (???)

So here's some evidence:

What do you get when multiple Hauler Commanders have nothing to do?
2015-08-30_00007.jpg
Rack 'em and stack 'em?

Then again, some adventurous souls try to become one with the superstructure of the Station:
2015-08-30_00008.jpg
They're both stuck fast which can mean only one thing:
2015-08-30_00013.jpg
Haulercide!

Meanwhile, I decided it was probably best to just HIDE!
2015-08-30_00029.jpg
Sneaky, huh?

While the others got out the fireworks:
2015-08-30_00028.jpg

Later we had multiple tries landing on a moving Fed Navy Annie, however the Box Brownie was out of film :(

Funny what you get up to in space eh?

Great day! Many Thanks to CMDR Derthek for disorganising it and all who showed up.

Right On Commanders o7

CQC beta Testing

Rack 'em and stack 'em?

Then again, some adventurous souls try to become one with the superstructure of the Station:
They're both stuck fast which can mean only one thing:
Haulercide!

Meanwhile, I decided it was probably best to just HIDE!
Sneaky, huh?

While the others got out the fireworks:

When I arravide at the station, this is what i saw
asdfdsa.png
3..2..1..boost
congaline.png
trying to help some one get unstuck... (im the red and black)
1..2..3..booost
expander.png
CQC beta testing
Hardpoints Deployed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
majestic.png

L@neWolf said:
For your amusement.
L@neWolf
lSQaG3s.jpg
3pd2UQ0.jpg
QFbb6zh.jpg

Last edited:
And our home system is.........?

I have a reserve vulture and DBE that need a home

I'm not sure if anyone's said yet on here or the threadnought; but I've thought it a few times: your avatar is deeply unsettling. I am currently attempting to kill it with fire by blowtorching my pho.... { TX Canc }

And our home system is.........?

I have a reserve vulture and DBE that need a home

I love the idea that you'll see a mass migration of ships over the next few weeks, as everyone will be moving their ships to their 'chosen' new homes. Would be great if FD could do some kind of Before and After heatmaps of ship locations. :)

Backstory, anyone?

I've read (finally) just about everything to do with The Canonn.

Question: Is anybody pulling together our 'backstory'? Or making one up? I'm not volunteering - I don't have the skills (and I do believe some skill will be required), but it seems to me that if we are about to get our own 'home' system, we do need a consistent backstory that'll fit the Elite canon (sic), and isn't simply 'well the Devs decided to give this group a system in the interests of gameplay enhancement'.

Thoughts anyone?

I've read (finally) just about everything to do with The Canonn.

Question: Is anybody pulling together our 'backstory'? Or making one up? I'm not volunteering - I don't have the skills (and I do believe some skill will be required), but it seems to me that if we are about to get our own 'home' system, we do need a consistent backstory that'll fit the Elite canon (sic), and isn't simply 'well the Devs decided to give this group a system in the interests of gameplay enhancement'.

Thoughts anyone?

Oh I'm sure there are plans afoot - there are one or two (read: many) very creative people among our ranks (read: not me!) ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom