COMPLETED CG The Colonia Bridge Project 2nd Phase - Colonia (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Colonia
Station: Jaques Station (Orbis Starport, large pads available, 1,460 Ls from main star, 22,000 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Ceramic Composites, Computer Components and Thermal Cooling Units
Time limit: 11th November 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Brewer Corporation requests deliveries in the Colonia system for the next phase of the Colonia Bridge project.
A successful initiative in October resulted in the placement of 30 dockable megaships at intervals of several hundred light years, providing services such as refuelling and repairs. The second phase seeks to establish this support for the full route between the core systems and the Colonia region.
A press release from Brewer Corporation stated:
We are now ready to continue work on the Colonia Bridge, by constructing additional megaships to fill the middle of the planned route. As before, we require shipments of ceramic composites, computer components and thermal cooling units at Jaques Station in the Colonia system.
Should deliveries reach sufficient levels, the top 75% of contributors will be awarded an engineered frame shift drive with increased range and faster boot sequence. Our hope is that this encourages deep space explorers and long-distance haulers to take part in the Colonia Bridge project.
As an additional reward, the top ten contributors at Alcor and Colonia will be invited to submit naming suggestions for the new megaships. Submissions will be subject to review by the Brewer Corporation board of directors. To ensure a variety of choice, only pilots who have not yet submitted names for the Colonia Bridge megaships will be eligible.
Each tier reached will enable Brewer Corporation to add the following megaships to the Colonia Bridge route by the 25th of November 3307. The module reward class is also decided by the final tier.
  • Tier 1: 2 dockable megaships
  • Tier 2: 1 additional dockable megaship
  • Tier 3: 1 additional dockable megaship / Modified 3A Frame Shift Drive
  • Tier 4: 1 additional dockable megaship / Modified 4A Frame Shift Drive
  • Tier 5: 1 additional dockable megaship / Modified 6A Frame Shift Drive
Rewards tiers are cumulative, and higher tiers will include rewards from lower tiers.
The campaign begins on the 4th of November 3307 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.
To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering STUFF and THINGS to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Jaques Station is orbiting planet 4
  • Station services: Commodities Market, Black Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Tech Broker, Interstellar Factors, Fleet Carrier Vendor/Admin, Social Space
  • Prices at Jaques Station:
    • Ceramic Composites: 3,320 Cr/T
    • Computer Components: 6,208 Cr/T
    • Thermal Cooling Units: 30,080 Cr/T
Last updated:
L4FxjO1.png
byQ21yX.png
5zENVz6.png
Latest status
Last updated: 6 November 18:12 UTC - completed

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 850,056 tonnes delivered
Contributors: 481
Reward Tier: 5/5
Global Reward:
6 dockable megaships/3A, 4A & 6A Modified FSDs
Top 10 CMDRs: 80,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 50,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 30,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 20,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 10,000,000 CR
Top 100%:
1,000,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
As an additional reward, the top ten contributors at Alcor and Colonia will be invited to submit naming suggestions for the new megaships. Submissions will be subject to review by the Brewer Corporation board of directors. To ensure a variety of choice, only pilots who have not yet submitted names for the Colonia Bridge megaships will be eligible.

Question... I think the "not from last time" rule makes sense, but it does need a bit of clarification. If I do get top 10 this time, will that mean that the 11th-placed person gets to name a ship, or will it mean that only 9 naming opportunities are offered in this CG?

I obviously want the CG to make Tier 5, so it'd be good to know if I need to hold back a bit to let other people take the Top 10 spots, or if I can just go all out and not worry.

Thanks

• Tier 3: 1 additional dockable megaship / Modified 3A Frame Shift Drive
  • Tier 4: 1 additional dockable megaship / Modified 4A Frame Shift Drive
  • Tier 5: 1 additional dockable megaship / Modified 6A Frame Shift Drive

If these are following the same formula as the already dbl-engineered size 5 FSD - Conda will literally jump :D
And not at last, T9 could match or even outmatch the Cutter for max laden jump ranges

Edit,
actually nope. The 6A FSD++ optimized value, assuming the same percentages as in 5A FSD++, will be 3182.4
Which means that a T9 will still be far beyond Cutter in jump range (the improvement will be rather minimal, only +2ly while fully ladden)

Last edited:
If these are following the same formula as the already dbl-engineered size 5 FSD - Conda will literally jump :D
And not at last, T9 could match or even outmatch the Cutter for max laden jump ranges

Edit,
actually nope. The 6A FSD++ optimized value, assuming the same percentages as in 5A FSD++, will be 3182.4
Which means that a T9 will still be far beyond Cutter in jump range (the improvement will be rather minimal, only +2ly while fully ladden)
Do we have confirmation if it's the same kind of engineering style? Because if it is...how big of a boost would that be? I'm not really sure what your numbers mean.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Question... I think the "not from last time" rule makes sense, but it does need a bit of clarification. If I do get top 10 this time, will that mean that the 11th-placed person gets to name a ship, or will it mean that only 9 naming opportunities are offered in this CG?

I obviously want the CG to make Tier 5, so it'd be good to know if I need to hold back a bit to let other people take the Top 10 spots, or if I can just go all out and not worry.

Thanks
Just checked and it's only for people who finish in the top 10 and have not previously had the chance to submit a name from the last CG

I am deeply amused by the idea of having to "hold back" to avoid getting a top 10 finish in what's probably going to be another high-interest CG. You're an absolute machine! :D

Just checked and it's only for people who finish in the top 10 and have not previously had the chance to submit a name from the last CG

Oh well... guess some people will get trolled badly... or will go out of their way to troll others 😒

Do we have confirmation if it's the same kind of engineering style? Because if it is...how big of a boost would that be? I'm not really sure what your numbers mean.
Illustratively...

Exploration Anaconda:
  • unengineered 6A FSD: 45.32 LY range
  • standard G5 long range + mass manager: 71.29 LY range
  • G5 long range + G5 fast boot [1]: 75.18 LY range

Trade T-9, fully laden:
  • unengineered 6A FSD: 12.06 LY range
  • standard G5 long range + mass manager: 19.31 LY range
  • G5 long range + G5 fast boot [1]: 20.37 LY range

So it's useful on a lightweight build, less so on the heavy ships.

[1] and no mass manager experimental, which does weaken it a bit.

No other confirmation that the CG text, which is the same as size 5 FSD++ which is already available at human tech brokers.
Sure there is a slight chance the formula might be different...

top 75% of contributors will be awarded an engineered frame shift drive with increased range and faster boot sequence

I am deeply amused by the idea of having to "hold back" to avoid getting a top 10 finish in what's probably going to be another high-interest CG. You're an absolute machine! :D
The Colonia end is quite a bit easier to get top-10 in, remember, when there's only a few hundred participants.

I got top-10 in the phase 1 CG (probably specifically 10th, but it still counts) with just 21kT delivered, which wouldn't even have qualified for top 10% in Alcor that week.

The expedition carrier Kapisi [X5X-1TG] is set up near Exodus Reach in Ratraii to collect Computer Components and Thermal Cooling Units. Goods will be resold in or near Colonia when carrier is full or when the time starts running low. Exodus reach is a medium pad with a fast restock rate, so stockpiling on a nearby carrier saves time.

Credit profits will be split as follows: 3/5 to the loaders, 1/5 to the carrier, 1/5 + CG contributions to the unloaders.

I do not need to be in the top 10 for this, so I will put my effort into helping others achieve that goal. Wondering if you can trust me?

<<< have you ever seen a face like that lie??

Exodus reach is a medium pad with a fast restock rate, so stockpiling on a nearby carrier saves time.
Yes, it's one of the interesting things about Colonia's economy that other than Colonia Hub (which is a special case triple-economy itself), all the rest in the top 10 by economic output are outposts, and there's only 5 large-pad stations in the top 20.

Medium ships can definitely get a lot done!

Anyone finding Ceramic Composites not being counted? need to double check when I land, but I think that's what I'm seeing ...

Edit: nvm - turned up after a while

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom