The Colonia Nebula Project

Colonia Nebula Project
Colonia Citizens Network

LdE0JVj.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Colonia Nebula Project, a mission to catalogue every body around Jaques’ station, to provide information to assist exploration, discovery and colonisation around the Colonia Nebula.

Mission Statement

With the establishment of a colony around Jaques station, over twenty-thousand light years from populated space, humans will once again demonstrate how little is beyond our reach. As more and more people inevitably make the grand journey across deep space in search of a new life, they will rely upon those who have gone before them to illuminate the risks and opportunities of this new world.
The Colonia Citizen Network is proud to begin the daunting task of charting this strange new region of space properly, so that, as new infrastructure is developed, we know the most suitable places to build and to colonise.
It is our hope that these efforts lay the foundation for a new bubble, a peaceful, stable place where people can come together, away from politics and war, to build a brighter future for us all.

Objectives

• Chart all planets, stars and moons within an area around Jaques. Take particular note of certain important bodies.
  • Earth-like worlds suitable for colonisation near Jaques
  • Rare mineral mining opportunities in the vicinity of Jacques
  • Barnacle-sustaining worlds as per the followed link (that's the only one at our disposal at this moment) :https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/57860e6e9657ba2a39588b5a
  • Interesting landmarks or sights nearby
  • Survey of worlds within a certain distance of Jaques outwards- no immediate decision on the range, divide the area into block sectors and go outwards from there depending on the size of the team.

Leadership Team

Please contact any of the following (only the name followed by a ‘*’) if you have questions about the expedition which are not answered in this guide or in other available media:

• Alex Ringess, of the L.O.S.P. *
  • Julian Winter, of the FGE/IGER *
  • EfilOne, of the Children of Raxxla.
  • Yuksarr, of the L.O.S.P. *
  • Astrix, of the L.O.S.P.
  • Vaelel, Scientist freelancer *.

Discord

Please join the CCN Discord server here if you have not done so already: https://discordapp.com/invite/cAvgq3p
Then, please assign yourself the explorer role by pinging Jeeves: @Jeeves join Explorer (pay attention to capitalisation).
Once that’s done, assign yourself the Colonia Nebula Project role, to join the channel specific to this project, by pinging Jeeves: @jeeves
join Nebula Project Member (again, pay attention to capitalisation).

Roster

Once this is done, please put your details onto the project roster here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cJb1orwuxHCRrB5RLcIFLdWTRmKI1ySv_bAN78pbbtE/edit?usp=sharing
The fields are self-explanatory, but if you have difficulties please consult one of the Colonia Nebula Project Coordinators.

Explanation of the Survey Method

Before we continue, here is a brief overview of the survey method. We will be dividing the region into flat layers on the galaxy map, and individuals will claim a section to survey.
Each “sector” of survey will be 40 LY wide (x-axis), 10 LY high (y-axis), and 40 LY in length (z-axis). Some have been pre-entered into the sheet, and when we run out we will expand the search area.
Once sectors are claimed, participants will proceed to every system within their area, and make a complete scan of every star, planet and moon, putting the required information into google forms, which will in turn populate the survey spreadsheets.

Claiming a sector

On the roster, there is a sheet for claiming coordinates to scan. The first step is to look for an empty row, and put your CMDR name(s) on it.
Once this is done, you can begin exploring. We have decided to let each CMDR be responsible for how they survey this, whether to do it individually or in groups coordinated together in wings.

Using the Galaxy Map

I’m sure that most CMDRs who have come to Jaques are already familiar with operating the galaxy map, but just in case, we will explain briefly how to use the galaxy map to find systems within your assigned grid. The galaxy map divides the space into cubic coordinates.
You can move around the galaxy map using the same keys as you use to maneuver your ship. When zoomed in, the galactic coordinates of each grid will be displayed beside it. A good first step is to align to one of the edges of your assigned grid, on the X, Y and Z coordinates, and then proceed to explore every system within your assigned ranges.

6CcHBeh.jpg

Planets which sit above the plane on the Y-axis are represented by their sphere sitting above the blue circle, and planets below it are represented as a sphere below the blue circle. Therefore you should easily be able to see which planets lie within your assigned area.

Scanning Systems

The next stage is to travel to each planet within your assigned region, and catalogue the bodies there. We divide this into three forms, and you fill out each form in order to catalogue each type of body.

Your results will then be included in the spreadsheet for analysis and access.

Please ensure you use CAPITAL LETTERS when entering system information.

Special events

Some special events will running during all the time the Colonia Nebula Project's living. See the list below. If you want to see your event on this list, feel free to sending us a link on our discord.

The Order of the Shadow Grand System Hunt:

The holy Purdow of The Order of the shadow, has announced the start of a Grand System hunt out in the area of Jaque’s Station,
For future expansion and colonization for the Order and two of our Allies.
Cmdr Infernal-jawa, the head of the order of the shadow’s pilot’s federation division,
is placing a bounty for 3 systems containing an earth like world, a water world, and a world with an icy ring, all must be within 1,000 lys of Eol Prou RS-T d3-94.
The specifics of the hunt is as follows. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/295971-The-Order-of-the-Shadow-s-Grand-System-Hunt-Relaunched?p=4604227#post4604227

[Nova Colonia] Project Pale Blue Dots:

“The pale blue dot“ is a photography taken by the Voyager 1 probe from about 6 billion kilometers distance of the planet Earth in the Sol system in 1990. Earth appears as a single, pale blue dot on that photography, about which the astronomer Carl Sagan later said in a lecture:

“We succeeded in taking that picture, and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there – on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.”

With the arrival of Jaques Station in the system Eol Prou RS-T D3-94 and the subsequent efforts to create further outposts in the vicinity a new era has begun for mankind. While Jaques station acts as a Freeport for commanders of the Pilot’s Federation and Colonia Hub could be the seed of a new society there’ll still be need for planetary colonies to house all those who want to escape the warmongering and politics of the old world.

It is thus our duty and responsibility as colonial citizens to catalogue all the pale blue dots around Jaques Station that might most easily be colonized by those preparing for the long trek to the Colonia Nebula.

ROSS and the EDDB database are existing tools that can be used to this end. The highest priority is assigned to earth-like worlds in a radius of 250ly around Eol Prou RS-T D3-94, which will most certainly act as the staging ground for the first colonization efforts. A secondary goal will be to catalogue water worlds and terraforming candidates, which are much more abundant. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Project-Pale-Blue-Dots?p=4486522#post4486522

Please stay up-to-date

We understand that the scope of this project is huge, and it’s easy to get bored of logging details all day! So feel free to take breaks as needed. Just be sure to update the roster with your status, so that we know what’s being done and what needs looked at.
This project will run as long as the Colonia Citizens Network will be live, and as long as the Colonia citizens are participating. Once subscribed, you can be as active as suits you.

Happy hunting!

The Colonia Citizens Network team, Julian Winter, Alex Ringess.

Last edited:
I'll just post this material list from the engineers posts:

Highest yield materials within Jacques - Colonia Nebula area (all planets within 20Ly of Jacques) :

1: Very Common Elements

Carbon : ? %
Iron : ? %
Nickel : ? %
Sulphur : ? %
Phosphorus: ? %

2: Common Elements

Chromium : ? %
Germanium : ? %
Manganese : ? %
Vanadium : ? %
Zinc : ? %

3: Elements

Arsenic : 2.6 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 4 A (also has Polonium 0.5%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 4 B (also has Tellurium 1.5%, Selenium 3.0%)
Niobium : 2.5 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 B (also has Yttrium 2.2%, Tungsten 2.0%, Zirconium 4.2%)
Selenium : 3.0 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 4 B (also has Arsenic 2.6%, Tellurium 1.5%)
Tungsten: 2.0 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 A (also has Yttrium 2.2%, Cadmium 2.8%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 B (also has Yttrium 2.2%, Zirconium 4.2%, Niobium 2.5%)
Zirconium: 4.3% - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 4 (also has Tin 2.4%, Ruthenium 2.3%, Mercury 1.6%)

4: Rare Elements

Cadmium : 2.8 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 A (also has Yttrium 2.2%, Tungsten 2.0%)
Mercury : 1.6 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 4 (also has Tin 2.4%, Ruthenium 2.3%, Zirconium 4.3%)
Molybdenum : 2.3 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1498 2 A (also has Arsenic 1.6%, Yttrium 2.1%, Tin 2.3%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1498 3 (also has Tin 2.4%)
Tin: 2.4 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1498 3 (also has Molybdenum 2.3%, Arsenic 1.7%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 4 (also has Ruthenium 2.3%, Zirconium 4.3%, Mercury 1.6%)
Yttrium: 2.2 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 A (also has Tungsten 2.0%, Cadmium 2.8%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 B (also Tungsten 2.0%, Zirconium 4.2%, Niobium 2.5%)

5: Very Rare Elements

Antimony : 1.3 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 9 H A
Polonium : 0.7 % - Eol Prou LW-L C8-188 A 3
Ruthenium: 2.3 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 4 (also has Tin 2.4%, Zirconium 4.3%, Mercury 1.6%)
Technetium: 0.8 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1262 1
Tellurium: 1.5 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 4 B (also has Arsenic 2.6%, Selenium 3.0%)

I am on my way (RP as CMDR Drew Wagar) but won't arrive for a few weeks. Looking forward to being involved when I can.

Cheers,

Drew.

Take all the time you need to run that route (and write your books, incidentaly ^^). Its a kind of marathon, so do that safely :) It will be very cool to cartographying the vicinity of Jaques Station with you :)

Last edited:
Notepad ready - check.
Sandwiches packed - check
Caffeine pills - check.
Stars, Planets and Moons: A Fieldspotters Guide - check.

Let the mapping commence!

I am on my way (RP as CMDR Drew Wagar) but won't arrive for a few weeks. Looking forward to being involved when I can.

Cheers,

Drew.

Hmmmm what lurks within the Colonia Nebula ? ;)

If you want some interesting points of interest to visit along the way, check out the Jaques Endeavour Highway that the mapping team produced for the August Exodus - Jaunt to Jaques event. Michell's Legacy being a pretty unique one! :)

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/274385-August-Exodus-A-Jaunt-to-Jaques

Fly safe o7.

Last edited:
I made it out to Jaques last night just before the CG ended. I'm away this weekend for a wedding, but after I get back I'm happy to jump on this and help for a few days before I head on to Sag A*

I made it out to Jaques last night just before the CG ended. I'm away this weekend for a wedding, but after I get back I'm happy to jump on this and help for a few days before I head on to Sag A*

We'll be very glad to see you on the CNP roster :)
I love your "Wonders of the Galaxy" ^^

Last edited:
Hello Drew, nice to get a chance to meet you in game.

However, given your role, that also triggers some suspicion regarding the course of the Elite story.

Anyways, also on my way (well, more or less - currently going north from Eta Carinae, about to cross the last gap before the core). When I arrive in a few weeks time, I'll check what you lot have left me :).

However, given your role, that also triggers some suspicion regarding the course of the Elite story.

Anyways, also on my way (well, more or less - currently going north from Eta Carinae, about to cross the last gap before the core). When I arrive in a few weeks time, I'll check what you lot have left me :).

I guess Drew is here only as any one else. Anyway, once one Dev or sort of do something on this forum, its suddently triggering some suspicion on something ^^
I'm pretty sure Drew's genuin motivation is that he want to see what we are doing out there with his own eyes ^^

We will glad to welcoming you as well with the same enthousiasm when you'll be there ;)

Thank you for joining us.

Last edited:

CMDR Drew Wagar is just another ordinary explorer. It's me just playing the game. Don't read anything into it. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I'm pretty sure Drew's genuine motivation is that he wants to see what we are doing out there with his own eyes ^^

This. :)

Welcome aboard guys :D Good to see so many people other than myself are up for the self-punishment of mindless scanning of entities hundreds of thousands of Kylies from their host star ;D

I'll just post this material list from the engineers posts:

Highest yield materials within Jacques - Colonia Nebula area (all planets within 20Ly of Jacques) :

1: Very Common Elements

Carbon : ? %
Iron : ? %
Nickel : ? %
Sulphur : ? %
Phosphorus: ? %

2: Common Elements

Chromium : ? %
Germanium : ? %
Manganese : ? %
Vanadium : ? %
Zinc : ? %

3: Elements

Arsenic : 2.6 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 4 A (also has Polonium 0.5%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 4 B (also has Tellurium 1.5%, Selenium 3.0%)
Niobium : 2.5 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 B (also has Yttrium 2.2%, Tungsten 2.0%, Zirconium 4.2%)
Selenium : 3.0 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 4 B (also has Arsenic 2.6%, Tellurium 1.5%)
Tungsten: 2.0 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 A (also has Yttrium 2.2%, Cadmium 2.8%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 B (also has Yttrium 2.2%, Zirconium 4.2%, Niobium 2.5%)
Zirconium: 4.3% - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 4 (also has Tin 2.4%, Ruthenium 2.3%, Mercury 1.6%)

4: Rare Elements

Cadmium : 2.8 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 A (also has Yttrium 2.2%, Tungsten 2.0%)
Mercury : 1.6 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 4 (also has Tin 2.4%, Ruthenium 2.3%, Zirconium 4.3%)
Molybdenum : 2.3 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1498 2 A (also has Arsenic 1.6%, Yttrium 2.1%, Tin 2.3%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1498 3 (also has Tin 2.4%)
Tin: 2.4 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1498 3 (also has Molybdenum 2.3%, Arsenic 1.7%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 4 (also has Ruthenium 2.3%, Zirconium 4.3%, Mercury 1.6%)
Yttrium: 2.2 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 A (also has Tungsten 2.0%, Cadmium 2.8%) / Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 3 B (also Tungsten 2.0%, Zirconium 4.2%, Niobium 2.5%)

5: Very Rare Elements

Antimony : 1.3 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 9 H A
Polonium : 0.7 % - Eol Prou LW-L C8-188 A 3
Ruthenium: 2.3 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1201 4 (also has Tin 2.4%, Zirconium 4.3%, Mercury 1.6%)
Technetium: 0.8 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1262 1
Tellurium: 1.5 % - Eol Prou IW-W E1-1630 4 B (also has Arsenic 2.6%, Selenium 3.0%)

That is typicaly the kind of datas we'd wanted to see on the catalog, but we have all the necessaries forms to add the datas on the DB. So, if you want to fill in the Prospection form with those datas, feel free to suscribe to the Colonia Nebula Project as explained on the Discord and Roster sections, and use the dedicated form ;)

Last edited:
The journey to Jaques, the mining CG, my trip over to SagA for the exploration CG and this project, has certainly boosted my playing hours from v.passive to v.active. A big thank you to the organisers for breaking down my lethargy! Now, who can point me to good guides for using the star map effectively. Do you bookmark the stars nearest the corners of the virtual "cube" to give a visual reference of the assigned area? Is there a pre-existing method everyone is using? I've not done any 'official' exploring before!

That is typicaly the kind of datas we'd wanted to see on the catalog, but we have all the necessaries forms to add the datas on the DB. So, if you want to fill in the Prospection form with those datas, feel free to suscribe to the Colonia Nebula Project as explained on the Discord and Roster sections, and use the dedicated form ;)

I will but it's a bit hard to do that from work ;) .. got to wait till I get home later today

Woah, it's growing fast ! Thanks to everyone who started logging data through the forms, it's gonna be of great use !
Also, for anyone who wants to see the data in the spreadsheet, it's avaiable here (View only) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RYA-o58oPC8n7xtXLSHsJYBJOw8-elQNPt96JXHXBbU/

The speadsheet will be in a constant evolution, this is a first stage.
The following is planned for now :
- Refinement of the colonization candidate criterias
- Green system lister
- Material Finder
- Mining Finder
- Prospection analysis using the new data (ie. percentages)
- Mining Analysis

Cheers ! o7

~EfilOne

Top Bottom