The Corvette grind ?

Cmdrs,

For those who jumped from the anaconda to the federal Corvette was the Grind worth it because I'm thinking of doing it?

Fly safe cmdrs o7

However if you just want to own one then you'll sorta have to do the grind... buying the ship is the easy part outfitting it is where it costs a lot depending on what you want it for of course.

Same thing with the Cutter...

I did the grind and believe it was totally worth it. Yes...it takes a while, it costs a ton to purchase and then outfit and yes it's rebuy is huge. But.....it's a blast to blow other ships up with. And, I think it's one of the best looking ships in the game!

Think about this; Once you've finished the grind you don't have to do it again (so far).

I did Fed and Imp on PC and XB1. It's *o v e r w i t h* and I can buy either Cutter or Corvette (and have).

BTW I'm really liking the Cutter more than the Corvette.. Never thought I'd say that..

It is a goal, just like the Cutter. Something to do. A goal to set and to achieve that has a decent payoff (a Corvette). I have two accounts and have ground for the Corvette and Cutter both times. Not necessarily because I needed a Corvette, but because I needed a goal.

It is a very cool ship though, with very anemic jump range. A-rated and modified (+50% extended FSD range roll) mine gets 17.35 LY unladen but the Edward Teach kicks butt in PvE combat. o7

Last edited:
I'm lieutenant Commander rank so I'm just 4 ranks away from being able to get the Corvette so I might just give it another go if I can remember where to Federation rank up again but thanks for your information commanders.

Fly safe o7 :)

I stopped I’m 2 ranks away but I’m a good bit into it doing other stuff. It’ll just happen but i doubt I’d ever use the ship

Im an Imperial Cutter type of commander

There is nothing the Corvette can do that the Anaconda can't do just as well (or better).

You don't really miss on anything, but the great looks and the very convenient weapon placement. As other have said, it is a nice goal for the commander that has everything.

Getting those last couple ranks will suck away your happiness so I'd suggest you work on them on and off over a period of time.

I didn't do repetitive data missions so I also didn't feel like the rank progression was much of a grind.
If you just do whatever pays well then you can buy your rank quite easily with donation missions.
And if you just keep playing in Fed space you'll eventually rank up without even trying.

That said the Corvette is a blast.
It handles a bit too well with DD5s if anything.
It makes an excellent mission runner too if you can tolerate the jump range.

Cmdrs,

For those who jumped from the anaconda to the federal Corvette was the Grind worth it because I'm thinking of doing it?

Fly safe cmdrs o7

I don't know what rank you already have with the Feds, I started the grind to the Corvette when I already had the Gunship so I was well underway.

About the Corvette, I love it!!!
I use it for combat pve, mission running, with over 300 tons cargospace you can haul a lot of goods around, and I use it because it's sheer fun.
Running a multi million mission and get interdicted by an Elite Conda is great fun imho.
It flies like no other big ship, very maneuverable in normal flight and in supercruise.
Since ships is the only thing you can spend money on in ED I say go for it.

Personaly I think you do need to invest in a Corvette though, I mean engineering, G5 dirty drives, charge enhanced distributor, etc.
I like it way better then my Conda and Cutter, except for the jumprange which is it's greatest downside.

Just my opinion though.

o7

I don't know what rank you already have with the Feds, I started the grind to the Corvette when I already had the Gunship so I was well underway.About the Corvette, I love it!!!I use it for combat pve, mission running, with over 300 tons cargospace you can haul a lot of goods around, and I use it because it's sheer fun.Running a multi million mission and get interdicted by an Elite Conda is great fun imho.It flies like no other big ship, very maneuverable in normal flight and in supercruise.Since ships is the only thing you can spend money on in ED I say go for it.Personaly I think you do need to invest in a Corvette though, I mean engineering, G5 dirty drives, charge enhanced distributor, etc.I like it way better then my Conda and Cutter, except for the jumprange which is it's greatest downside.Just my opinion though.o7
Very succinct post, I just love the corvette. As said above part from the jump range it’s excellent. Costs a fortune tho so bare that in mind.

So where's the best place to grind Fed rank? Someone told me the Daikondunii/Kamahu route was good but it was all dried up when I got out there.

So where's the best place to grind Fed rank? Someone told me the Daikondunii/Kamahu route was good but it was all dried up when I got out there.

It's been a while but for the last couple ranks I used the Fed courier missions between Sothis and Ceos, another plus side there was that I could up my rank with the Sirius Co. for my way to unlocking Palin aka G5 Dirty Drives.
Corvette with G5 DD is fantastic.

It's been a while but for the last couple ranks I used the Fed courier missions between Sothis and Ceos, another plus side there was that I could up my rank with the Sirius Co. for my way to unlocking Palin aka G5 Dirty Drives.
Corvette with G5 DD is fantastic.
Much obliged. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Think about this; Once you've finished the grind you don't have to do it again (so far).

I did Fed and Imp on PC and XB1. It's *o v e r w i t h* and I can buy either Cutter or Corvette (and have).

BTW I'm really liking the Cutter more than the Corvette.. Never thought I'd say that..

This was the same for me. I started elite on pc and it seemed to take an age to unlock the vette and cutter but once it's done, it's done.

When I started on xbox those where the first things I did, grind empire and the federation, just to get it done. Now I can bask and not worry about doing the grind. It is a pain but it feels good once you've done it.

Top Bottom