General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

It's wrong.

As with the stats you not liking it doesn't make it wrong.

The commercial pressure is acting in the opposite direction, we see it with the green certificate of the European Union (and also UK :) ) to prevent tourist countries from falling into bankruptcy, but in addition the pandemic will not last forever and all this will be quickly forgotten.

😷

The cost of verifiable PCR testing each way is more than just typing your vaccine passport number in. As is the cost in time and money of a week in a quarantine hotel on your return. Go somewhere vaccines are prevalent via travel methods where vaccines are prevalent and you save time and money at less risk. Not a difficult decision really.

It's not the same thing at all. If you have to undergo surgery with anesthesia, you are faced with a situation that leaves you with no choice.
indeed, it's about the context.

but you have a choice, anesthesia isn't strictly necessary. every surgery has a risk, and we are buying an extra ticket for the death lotto on top of that just to avoid the pain. i'll have one too, please! i don't like pain either but that makes it a good example in my mind. it actually highlights that the resistance against az is purely psychological, and we are fine with even worse options depending on the context.

In the current case of the virus on 8,800,000,000 inhabitants ...
you're going into a lot of statistics just to explain that it isn't about raw statistics.

The same reason it's ill advised to expose one's self to most other communicable diseases, even if one is vaccinated. One layer of protection does not negate the utility of others.

Of course, you know this, and your question was specious.
I was ironic about the variants and uncertainties of current vaccines :)

Even UK put India on red list despite the massive British vaccination.

😷

As with the stats you not liking it doesn't make it wrong.

The cost of verifiable PCR testing each way is more than just typing your vaccine passport number in. As is the cost in time and money of a week in a quarantine hotel on your return. Go somewhere vaccines are prevalent via travel methods where vaccines are prevalent and you save time and money at less risk. Not a difficult decision really.
However the reality is here. There is no vaccine passport but a green certificate of Covid status (and in the United Kingdom too, and where people have access to 2 free tests per week).

😷

indeed, it's about the context..
It is the key ! Thanks. (y)

Indeed the context is very important.

Anaesthesia at risk is proposed following a real event which unfortunately occurred.

A vaccine at risk is proposed for an event that did not occur.

That's all the difference.

For my part, I do not hesitate a second to receive the anesthesia.

😷

Last edited:
Locally, 2 deaths have been determined as unrelated to vaccination by the authorities.

So we have zero cases of problems.
I'm officially part of the Association, but inactive many years now. Good to see them working.

It is the key ! Thanks (y)

For my part, I do not hesitate a second to receive the anesthesia.

😷

Heparin injections are given as a component of anasthesia in operations lasting longer than 2 hours to prevent pulmonary embolisms.
The heparin injection alone carries 300 times the risk of the OAZ vaccine. It is however not even close to being the biggest risk from anaesthesia.

But you have no problem here. It is not a vaccine. There only is a problem if it's a vaccine, right?

You do know that there is a word for this unreasonable opposition to vaccines?

Last edited:
Heparin injections are given as a component of anasthesia in operations lasting longer than 2 hours to prevent pulmonary embolisms.
The heparin injection alone carries 300 times the risk of the OAZ vaccine. It is however not even close to being the biggest risk from anaesthesia.

But you have no problem here. It is not a vaccine. There only is a problem if it's a vaccine, right?

You do know that there is a word for this unreasonable opposition to vaccines?

There are two solutions.

The first is that you haven't read my post in full.

The second is that you are too tired to understand what I have written.

I think of course that the first option is the right one.

😷

Last edited:
This weekend there were 60,000 doses of AZ to be used in France for vaccination

Only 10,000 were used.

Prime Minister plans to ask showbiz stars to get vaccinated in public, in a purpose to restore people's confidence in the AZ vaccine

He really takes people for the morons :D:ROFLMAO:

😷

Last edited:
He’d be better off publicly donating them to another country that wants them

Israel just announced that they are doing just that:

They have sufficient doses already lined up.

Israel just announced that they are doing just that:

They have sufficient doses already lined up.
I saw something the other day: There were questions being asked, why the Palestinians, 'under Israeli control', were not getting access to the same vaccines. Over 80% of Israelis vaccinated, but less than 4% of Palestinians. There were no valid reasons given.

Last edited:
I saw something the other day: There were questions being asked, why the Palestinians, 'under Israeli control', were not getting access to the same vaccines. Over 80% of Israelis vaccinated, but less than 4% of Palestinians. There were no valid reasons given.
Yep, Gaza seems to be heading into a crisis when its medical facilities aren't fit for purpose. 14 years they haven't exactly been helping.
I wonder if covoid will change that.

Top Bottom