General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

One of my MMR cases was asked to wait before getting OAZ vaccine.
The protocol being followed is a 3 month space. This should give a much stronger immune response to OAZ, theoretically, so I can't complain.

Just mentioning it so any interested cmdrs are informed of possible interactions. If you have any choice, by all means choose the vaccine designed for the job. It's always better to hammer with a hammer instead of a pipe wrench.
...mitigating SARS-CoV-2 infection in each of the age cohorts.” Mayo estimated a 26% protective COVID-19 benefit in seniors who had received another type of vaccination if they had received it in the past year, w
-March 2021 piece

This isn't specific to MMR, it is any vaccine whatsoever. MMR is expected to do much better than 26% but even that is pretty good. A prospective trial is underway.

If you are living in a place without vaccine access for the next 3 months, I suggest MMR is an option to talk over with your doctor, and would probably offer it -barring contraindications- to any patient more than 5 years out from their last dose.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. We are not interested specifically in just vaccinating with coronavirus vaccines, we want immunity in 80-90% of people. There are other tools in the box, and an MMR dose could also theoretically work as a booster for regular vaccination too.

Remember, getting good 8 hours sleep, light exercise and healthy food can double your immune response to your shot. On paper, we could get 52% efficacy using any old vaccine, in a cohort that was properly prepared for their shot, which would actually pass the minimum standard of 50% efficacy for a WHO vaccine.

Last edited:
Since a few have shared their experience with AZ, just thought i'd share mine. I'm just about to enter my 6th day after.
Arm was a bit sore for first two days and tender at injection site but has eased away.
Second day i felt a bit run down, head felt heavy, wasn't really focused and hard to concentrate. mild shivering and felt cold inside, tiredness and a few random aches and dull pains which didn't persist.
Third and fourth were similar but to a much lesser degree.
By the 5th, only my head felt a bit weird and that has gone today so all in all, it's been very mild so far..
I should add i'm on medication for something that has all those symptoms except the weird feeling in my head.
Thought the vaccine and my meds might have been having some handbags or it may play with my thyroid a bit but can't be sure.
Seems i've been lucky or just used to it so it wasn't so jarring for me.
I haven't had covoid afaik.
Hope that helps.

And here some dose of reality:
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...-35-billion-on-covid-vaccine-in-first-quarter

3.5 Billion in first 3 month, 26 Billion projected by the end of the year. That is a lot of money to make on a Virus that has 98% recovery rate.

This is why they ignored Chinas way of dealing with Covid 19, that would have erased Covid with out Vaccines. Money, money, money.

If this doesn't open your eyes on todays world, well you will have noone but your self to blame, for the future that they are building.

Neighbours around our house got vaccinated today. Things are going well, except at the home of Bill and Melinda Gates (but they do not live nearby!) now undergoing divorce proceedings.

The Gates Foundation is helping fund this:

The CROWN CORONATION trial is funded by a $9 million grant from the COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator — an initiative launched by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Wellcome, and Mastercard, with support from an array of public and philanthropic donors.
This is being coordinated by Washington Medical School in St. Louis, same place that identified the secondary wave of deaths, and stomping grounds of cmdr Ralph Vargr. It's a big multicentre trial across several countries, assessing MMR, looking at 30,000 people to see if it really works.

Results expected by September this year. Too late for India, unfortunately. But just 4 months away.

Hard to predict how the Foundation will be affected going forward. It has been an important humanitarian resource.

And here some dose of reality:
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobb...-35-billion-on-covid-vaccine-in-first-quarter

3.5 Billion in first 3 month, 26 Billion projected by the end of the year. That is a lot of money to make on a Virus that has 98% recovery rate.

This is why they ignored Chinas way of dealing with Covid 19, that would have erased Covid with out Vaccines. Money, money, money.

Shows you just how altruistic AstraZeneca were being by producing their vaccine at cost. It should be the most popular vaccine by far.

If this doesn't open your eyes on todays world, well you will have noone but your self to blame, for the future that they are building.

A world without covid if we can get vaccine uptake high enough,

The strongest arguments in favour of compulsory vaccination are the utterly idiotic things anti-vaxxers believe. The Australian government have had to release this :

COVID-19 vaccines do not – and cannot – connect you to the internet.

Maybe we should also ban them from the internet and the TV remote.

The strongest arguments in favour of compulsory vaccination are the utterly idiotic things anti-vaxxers believe. The Australian government have had to release this :

Maybe we should also ban them from the internet and the TV remote.
Damn! I'd save loadsamoney on service charges.
Also, I've been waiting for a usb stick to insert in my ear to help with my terrible memory.

The strongest arguments in favour of compulsory vaccination are the utterly idiotic things anti-vaxxers believe.

Honestly, I just don't bother with them anymore. People have suggested that you have "to listen to them" as some kind of strategy- :LOL: As if their content is worth bothering with.
They are not my responsibility, they are merely suitable for laughs. There is no end of hilarious material we can mine for jokes about them. But they're just too stupid to talk to, even for a minute.

How many antivaxxers does it take to change a lightbulb?
  • Sheeple! People can see in the dark! You going to believe Big Hardware?
  • QAnon says 12 disciples, a pyramid with an eye, and a goat with dreadlocks.
  • Electricity causes autism! You think I'm stupid?
  • Mercury in lightbulbs causes neurological paralysis!

Seriously, Google it, and you'll see the range of jokes.

Honestly, I just don't bother with them anymore. People have suggested that you have "to listen to them" as some kind of strategy- :LOL: As if their content is worth bothering with.
They are not my responsibility, they are merely suitable for laughs. There is no end of hilarious material we can mine for jokes about them. But they're just too stupid to talk to, even for a minute.
My thoughts entirely.

Much, much better things to do, than waste my time with them, in anyway.

Top Bottom