General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I met one who couldn't work out why she was always assigned to work covid wards. I just assumed they were trying to educate her through direct exposure to the situation and that she posed no threat to the already infected so why not. She eventually got the jab so she could go to Ibiza.
If that happened then it kind of tells the lie to the "we want you to be safe" and "we want you to protect others" narrative. Deliberately immersing an unvaccinated person in a bunch of covid patients certainly isn't protecting them, and if they're more likely to get sick (and more sick) then they're more likely to spread it to other people, which is kind of why you're insisting they get vaccinated isn't it? So yeah... that's obviously just punitive and if you support that then you're lying about your true motivations.

What if they'd built something that you didn't want or need, like a special path for mobility scooters or something? All the analogies in the world don't alter the fact that if you've been forced to pay for something that you don't want... you still don't want it.

I used the road example because it's something I don't want or need. Almost everything my tax dollars are, or could possibly be, spent on are things I don't want, government itself not the least among them.

All those things are still there, and there is no reason for me to not take advantage of the ones that are of net benefit to me, even if I'd rather almost all of them not exist.

If that happened then it kind of tells the lie to the "we want you to be safe" and "we want you to protect others" narrative. Deliberately immersing an unvaccinated person in a bunch of covid patients certainly isn't protecting them, and if they're more likely to get sick (and more sick) then they're more likely to spread it to other people, which is kind of why you're insisting they get vaccinated isn't it? So yeah... that's obviously just punitive and if you support that then you're lying about your true motivations.

Patients come first and it was safer for every single one who wasn't infected, it made no difference at all to the infected. It also seems to have worked as an educational exercise and since a no jab no job policy has already been announced may have saved their job. Potentially it saved their life and now affords them better protection as an individual, plus all the patients they are contact with going forward. They can also now work though exposure periods rather than isolating taking pressure off the rest of that team. Vaccination is all about protection.

:whistle:
We are past the point where I find this stuff surprising anymore.

The rest of the anti-vaxxers will learn nothing from this, they'll dismiss it as "fake news" or he'll be labelled a "crisis actor".

Sadly true.
I just had a look at the daily mails comments section :

What a crock of propaganda

The lies Unbelievable

the bio weapon is spread via injection

Obviously not quite as stupid as you who seem to believe big Pharma and big Gov are ur friends and only have ur best interests at heart while ur own immune system is relegated in favour of synthetic inferior experimental gene therapy
🤷‍♀️

DW reports Germany is triaging entry to ICU. Not enough spaces. 4th wave.
This is impacting nonCovid critical care. Essentially people are picking winners who get care, and losers who are allowed to run their course.

This is new to German doctors, and unthinkable for the population, but here it's just regular Wednesday and frankly we never had so many ICU beds before, so nobody ought to complain.

Neighbours here called desperately looking for methylprednisone. Hospitals have run out. They have family in the Covid unit. Gave them some from our stockpile. Generic stuff is worth about $10 for 500 doses.

Meantime Dr. Richards is busy on the Angostura board... how can you expect her to also be maintaining supply of drugs to ICUs? She's busy making Bitters.

2 Covid cases tried to gain access to our ICU yesterday, pretending they have something else. Nobody wants local public care if they can avoid it.

Would say that we've never seen so many die of being stupid, but on reflection, stupid is probably the leading cause of death and always was.

I don't know if the following site has been linked before:

It details the timelines of individual antivaxxers social media posts from their jab refusal up to their covid hospitalization and often, death. This is done by screenshots of their social media. These are often rife with illogical and purposefully triggering memes, selfies in the icu and often end with a go fund me for funeral expenses. Pure schadenfreude. Has been helpful in getting the vaccine hesitant to vaxx. The reddit also gives awards and encouragement to those who overcame their hesitancy to get vaxxed.

Another interesting site along the same lines is sorryantivaxxer.com.

reddit r/nursing is also interesting and edifying:
There are Covid Rant posts by actual Covid ICU nurses that grisly depict the trauma nurses and nursing assistants are undergoing. From the horses mouth as it were. It is from reading this nursing reddit that I am now leaning towards mandatory vaccination or requiring the unvaccinated to pay for their covid hospital stays. The collateral damage of overextended and shell-shocked health care workers and delays in non covid healthcare resulting in more suffering and death is as ethically meaningful as someone being forced to take a safe vaccine that takes so little time and is free.

Reddit's Qanoncasualties is also interesting in illustrating how truly crazy and brainwashed people can become. Even the more educated. Divorce, children estranged from their parents,etc.

It's a pandemic of misinformation uptake.

Last edited:
Just one more. My heart breaks for all this needless death.

On paper, it’s not a problem. #### Around and Find Out. These are the natural consequences of making stupid choices, just like losing your feet from uncontrolled diabetes, or dying of liver failure after the millionth detox visit. Bad decisions are literally my bread and butter, and I like it that way. That’s why I’m not in peds.

My antivax patients start off in the category of “well I guess we’re finding out today, aren’t we?”. They come in with their bravado intact, and usually find that all the verbal abuse, snark and conspiracy theories in the world do nothing against a bunch of nurses who have done this for almost 2 years. We are blunt, honest, and quick to offer AMA papers. Their feelings on covid’s existence doesn’t change the treatment course or their prognosis, and we aren’t going to waste our time arguing about it. You have the right to refuse any treatment, I’ll document and be on my way. You can try to demand nonsensical treatments, but you’ll have to go home for that. Here’s the papers.

Then, inevitably, it comes as the edges of a person start to crumble and crack. “Am I going to be ok?” “I’m so tired.” “I’m not getting out of here, am I?” “I don’t think I’m getting better.” I give them the only kind answer: “I don’t know, but I hope so,” even though we both know I’m talking to someone who is already on Death’s list. And then, even worse, comes the inevitable question: “How’s this gonna go, then?” We talk about the paths - one path is them turning around and recovering. One path is them being intubated and dying. One path is them being intubated and recovering, including the possibility of a trach and peg, lost fingers and toes, permanent disability.

I encourage them to talk to their family, to share their wishes and what they were willing to live with and not live with. I encourage them to say what needs to be said, just in case. Then the blunt nurse comes back and tells them to prone their ass if they want to avoid the what-ifs becoming the happening-nows. And I leave them to make those calls, think about their wishes, and think about what they want to do.

There’s nothing satisfying about saying “I told you so” to a person who is confronting their own death. It’s like kicking someone when they are down. There is no comfort in telling myself “#### around and find out” when literal children come in to wave goodbye to their parent through the door or through the phone. There is nothing OK about watching kids turn into orphans because of their parents’ belief in lies fed to them through the media. It’s not OK that people my age with kids the same ages as mine are going from bravado to bagged in a week’s time. It’s not that we lose every time - hell, right now we have a whopping 5 covid patients on the unit. The problem is that all 5 are probably going to die. Maybe 1 will make it. And they are so young, leaving behind children or young adults; people who still need their parents. When I’m at work I compartmentalize just fine. I have a job to do, after all. But later, when I realize there’s a 17 year old playing his last high school football game tomorrow and his dad, who had resigned to watching it through a screen, won’t be watching at all, I can’t help but grieve for an ole who played the odds and lost. And I don’t know how many more sucky people I can grieve for.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Wednesday, Australia launched the debate on the need for countries to make the future coronavirus vaccine mandatory, as contaminations continue to rise and restrictions increase around the world.

"There are always exemptions to vaccination for medical reasons, but this should be the only one," said the Prime Minister Scott Morrison to radio 3AW Melbourne.

"Getting vaccinated should be mandatory", he said.

For my part, if the vaccine becomes mandatory, before I want certificates that all elites have been vaccinated. :p

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷
Looking back, you were pretty much ahead of time with this thread 😷

To those who haven't been vaccinated, and have the possibility: What on Earth are you waiting for? Being forced? It's time for a reality check. Yes there might be unknown side effects of the vaccine, but given that Covid-19 is a deadly disease, you have to do a simple risk analysis, and that one says that the vaccine is the least dangerous option. Yes it vanes, so you will have to be vaccinated regularly. That's bad, but that's how it is. That's how reality works.

To those that have been vaccinated: Good for you and everybody else, but even in Denmark where I live, 78% have been vaccinated, and the virus still rages on. That's because everyone tries to "go back to normal". The virus does give a flying duck, about what we "want". We still have to think and act accordingly. Masks, social distancing, washing hands and all that would considerably lower the infections.

The pandemic is going endemic. It's here to stay, and it seems that it will stabilize at a very high level, meaning a lot of dead people, for as long as we don't have miracles. We all need to take care of one another. That includes listening to people being scared of needles, or people valuing their freedom (stupidly) high. It also includes making personal sacrifice for the common good, and facing your fears.

To those who haven't been vaccinated, and have the possibility: What on Earth are you waiting for?
I'm not waiting for anything. I'm just not having the vaccine due to my choice, the same as I don't take the flu vaccine either.

Yes there might be unknown side effects of the vaccine, but given that Covid-19 is a deadly disease, you have to do a simple risk analysis, and that one says that the vaccine is the least dangerous option. Yes it vanes, so you will have to be vaccinated regularly. That's bad, but that's how it is. That's how reality works.
No it isn't. I've had covid. I deal with people with covid on a daily basis and have done nearly every single day since this covid lark started. Some I was quite close contact with and didn't know they had covid until they tested positive. I didn't die. I wasn't close to death. I have antibodies.

Do I believe the interviews with doctors and professors in universities explaining the dangers of the vaccine, the reports coming out saying that safety protocols weren't followed and negative effects ignored by the pharma companies during the trials etc etc or do I believe what the politicians and news readers who have consistently lied for the last 2 years tell me?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom