General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I have actually given myself a bit of a reality check to be honest. If I think back to a misspent (in some peoples eyes) youth and all the legal and illegal chemicals I pumped into into my body without a care for the future I think the least of my worries is what this state sponsored chemical is going to do to me. My immediate worry is whether I can get on a plane in June and spend a few weeks on an island in the Far East

You do realise that Kent is not an island?

So does a lot of other things, get your head out of the sand, what about pollution, or exploitation of people? cancer kills more people than anything and yet we still see abundance of legally substance or actions that can course illness or cancer and yet nothing is done? did you ever travel in your life? I've been many places, like India, Africa, South America and what has been done in many of these communities is just as much a crime or even much more than people walking around without a mask or refusing to take the vaccine.

If you want to be refused service in various shops and restrict your own opportunities and travel feel free, there are plenty of people who would appreciate an earlier dose of the vaccine if you step aside and be glad you are not allowed near them unmasked.

I just check the news, however talking to family and friends in Europe they do tell me about a growing resistance so...

The thing with sheep mentality such as anti-vax sentiments is as soon as the herd see the advantages of the vaccine others are enjoying they'll switch their opinions en-masse, then in true conspiracy theory fashion they'll just start believing some other tripe and forget their earlier convictions completely.

I have actually given myself a bit of a reality check to be honest. If I think back to a misspent (in some peoples eyes) youth and all the legal and illegal chemicals I pumped into into my body without a care for the future I think the least of my worries is what this state sponsored chemical is going to do to me. My immediate worry is whether I can get on a plane in June and spend a few weeks on an island in the Far East
So you will do whatever as long as you get a little bit of freedom? Sorry but that is just not right in so many ways.
If you want to be refused service in various shops and restrict your own opportunities and travel feel free, there are plenty of people who would appreciate an earlier dose of the vaccine if you step aside and be glad you are not allowed near them unmasked.

The thing with sheep mentality such as anti-vax sentiments is as soon as the herd see the advantages of the vaccine others are enjoying they'll switch their opinions en-masse, then in true conspiracy theory fashion they'll just start believing some other tripe and forget their earlier convictions completely.
Not a antivaxxer, not by a long shot or jab, I just question the quality of these vaccines and until I see evidence they are actually safe I will keep resisting and as I said, I got everything I need here, I don't need to travel and our little community here don't use mask unless we go to some of the larger cities and I don't need to go there. People are resisting worldwide and it's growing, these people are not antivaxxers, they are ordinary people who had enough of the authoritarian methods used, maybe use more carrot and less stick?

I really don’t understand why everyone is so hell-bent on sending the kids back to school. It’s so obvious it was the kids spreading it around at school that was the problem. They could probably lift all the restrictions apart from kids going back to school and it would spread around less.

Just got to hope enough people are vaccinated before it explodes in the school population again.
Kids need to interact with other kids, there is a lot of kids who do not have a loving and caring home and the only place where they can keep their sanity is outside the home.

Not a antivaxxer, not by a long shot or jab, I just question the quality of these vaccines and until I see evidence they are actually safe I will keep resisting and as I said, I got everything I need here, I don't need to travel and our little community here don't use mask unless we go to some of the larger cities and I don't need to go there. People are resisting worldwide and it's growing, these people are not antivaxxers, they are ordinary people who had enough of the authoritarian methods used, maybe use more carrot and less stick?
There is no stick. Vaccines like verifiable facts work.

There's a few pretend sticks, the Jewish space lasers and the NWO and injectable microchips and the like. But none of them stand up to even minimal scrutiny.

Two of the current crop of entry level antivax conspiracies are preying on the fears of young mums by claiming they harm kids and suggesting there hasn't been enough research. Not pointing the finger at you, just letting you know where this stuff originates.

They tone down the crazy to hook people in. Having identified the truly gullible they go for the really bonkers Q rubbish.

It's mutating like crazy 15.000 variants as of now, known! you can't vaccinate your way out of this

A new variant can require a new vaccine, but the overwhelming majority will not.

Perhaps the point has passed for us being able to vaccinate our way out of this--which would be a shame, and largely down to people who didn't take the pandemic, or vaccination, seriously enough early on--but if if that is the case, they still have considerable utility.

but go ahead get pumped with all these crazy substance and when your body gives up because you destroyed your natural immune system that will be the next level of salty tiers, nope the only way is by boosting your immune system as much as possible.

Just in case someone else is inclined to mistake this for coherent thought: your statement here is outright quackery-level of dangerous misinformation.

Well, then stay away, I'm not coming to your place I like it here where I am. BTW you want to round up all the hobos and vaccinate them? maybe that would be a good place to start, good luck with that :D

I'm not in favor of compulsory vaccination, though I'm certainly in favor of it being freely available to 'hobos' and anyone else who wants it, which should be virtually everyone.

I'm not going to round up anyone or force them to take anything, but I am absolutely going to point out their complete idiocy if they somehow think a vaccine is the greater threat than SARS-CoV-2, absent a specific medical contraindication. And if push comes to shove, I will take measures to protect me and mine from those who are behaving recklessly in our communities.

An antivaxxer is someone who expresses unfounded resistance and false skepticism toward vaccination. That's you, and the overwhelming number of people expressing a desire to avoid these vaccines.

The evidence of safety was there before SARS-CoV-2 was even discovered, and has been demonstrated many times throughout their development, testing, and deployment. Thinking the major vaccines are going to do something to you because the specific pathogen they were tailored for is new, or because the utterly harmless mechanism of action hasn't been deployed in this particular manner before, is not a well founded concern...it's like wondering if gold leaf will rust when one knows the coin it was hammered from can't. If you can't evaluate the evidence yourself, you'll either have to put some trust in those who can, or remain in the dark forever.

And nothing about the methods used should reflect on the vaccines themselves. You can object to being forced to drink four glasses of water a day at gunpoint without needing to vilify water.

Kids need to interact with other kids, there is a lot of kids who do not have a loving and caring home and the only place where they can keep their sanity is outside the home.

Kids should be in school, but not during a pandemic, and sending them back too soon is a good way to drag this out longer.

So you will do whatever as long as you get a little bit of freedom? Sorry but that is just not right in so many ways.

Yeah I get that and feel sorry for them but if they waited one more month it would be far less likely to cause a problem because nearly all the people at risk will have been vaccinated already.

A new variant can require a new vaccine, but the overwhelming majority will not.

Perhaps the point has passed for us being able to vaccinate our way out of this--which would be a shame, and largely down to people who didn't take the pandemic, or vaccination, seriously enough early on--but if if that is the case, they still have considerable utility.

Even if the variants escape, there's a way to suppress the disease immunologically. Hopefully the world is on the way out of this, as the case count continues to fall. And it is falling even with the Variants of Doom. So that threat is looking a bit overblown in the real world. Only Israel is nearly finished vaccinating and the reports are good:

We're lifting restrictions here, as the cases per day is down to 3 or less across both islands. Including the ones we fly in. I have very little risk of infection, so activities are safer. But I'm not letting family go get stupid exposures yet.

First national tranche of vaccines is only 100 thousand doses. Due end of March. I hope we opt for a single dose scheme, based on the new information, but the powers that be are scientifically conservative here. Still, not a catastrophe- just slower than optimal.

Re the anti-vaxxers etc, I'll just drop this in here:

They had to do research? 🙂

So does a lot of other things, get your head out of the sand, what about pollution, or exploitation of people? cancer kills more people than anything and yet we still see abundance of legally substance or actions that can course illness or cancer and yet nothing is done? did you ever travel in your life? I've been many places, like India, Africa, South America and what has been done in many of these communities is just as much a crime or even much more than people walking around without a mask or refusing to take the vaccine.

It's mutating like crazy 15.000 variants as of now, known! you can't vaccinate your way out of this, but go ahead get pumped with all these crazy substance and when your body gives up because you destroyed your natural immune system that will be the next level of salty tiers, nope the only way is by boosting your immune system as much as possible.

Well, then stay away, I'm not coming to your place I like it here where I am. BTW you want to round up all the hobos and vaccinate them? maybe that would be a good place to start, good luck with that :D

I just check the news, however talking to family and friends in Europe they do tell me about a growing resistance so...
Common sense words here.

😷

So far vaccinating our way out of it is working. They are already talking about another vaccination program to start in Autumn with a booster adapted for the new problem strains.

It’s going to be a lot like now with the flu vaccines. A new cocktail every year to stop lots of people dying from a virus we can’t wipeout.

Covid vaccines - 'spectacular' impact on serious illness https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153617
Many people will not want to have regular injections (like the flu).

😷

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom