General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Below is the total vaccine production in the world to date.

Production vaccin.jpg

In France today, the Delpharm group has started bottling Pfizer / BioNTech vaccines. Four other sites of the Recipharm, Fareva and Sanofi laboratories will follow, which will produce the Moderna, the CureVac and the Janssen.

"We will be able to produce 250 million doses by the end of the year," assured the Minister of Industry.

😷

Belgium reserves the AstraZeneca vaccine for people over the age of 55 years, following the opinion of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) confirming a link to cases of blood clots.

😷

The scientific committee overseeing the vaccination campaign against Covid in the United Kingdom, the JCVI, recommended on Wednesday to limit the use of the Astrazeneca vaccine to only people over 30 years old.

It is obviously an admission of suspicion.

😷

Nope. I mean they cannot refuse service based on gender, race, sexual orientation, etc
This is the minimum for a civilized country, nothing extraordinary here.

Contrary to my idea of the UK, I have the impression that this country still has a lot of progress to make in the respect of laws and democracy.

I am very disappointed, I must admit.

😷

This is the minimum for a civilized country, nothing extraordinary here.

Contrary to my idea of the UK, I have the impression that this country still has a lot of progress to make in the respect of laws and democracy.

I am very disappointed, I must admit.

😷
I wouldn’t worry about it, I’m guessing you won’t be heading over here anytime soon so it won’t affect you

I wouldn’t worry about it, I’m guessing you won’t be heading over here anytime soon so it won’t affect you
Well it affects me because I had an overvalued opinion of the United Kingdom during all my life and I realize that there are a lot of things that do not correspond to the image I had of this country.

I must say that your previous post in which you say:

"I mean they cannot refuse service based on gender, race, sexual orientation, etc "

stunned me !

Worthy of an underdeveloped country in the heart of Africa.

Incredible and sad. :(

😷

The scientific committee overseeing the vaccination campaign against Covid in the United Kingdom, the JCVI, recommended on Wednesday to limit the use of the Astrazeneca vaccine to only people over 30 years old.

It is obviously an admission of suspicion.

😷
0.8 <1.1 in ages under 30.
Please see ianw's data above. The vaccination has very low benefits below that age, and is not worth giving if only ICU admissions are considered.

If 1/3 Covid victims end up with depression, psychosis, mood disorders etc as the Lancet data indicate, it would appear that they should reconsider. The ICU workload isn't the only thing that matters.

If 1/100 depression cases commit suicide in that agegroup, it will dwarf anything the vaccine might be doing to the healthy. Costs of handling psychosis in people aged 25 up are gigantic, as they get added to a lifetime of lost earnings. These problems emerge 6 months later after the cases "recover".

Linking the Lancet findings here:

Do you think it may be less effective and more likely to cause issues if the person vaccinated is unaware they have covoid or may have long covoid?
Some of the symptoms i have from other stuff are similar but not all. Diagnosed in 2018 tho...but just wondering.

Do you think it may be less effective and more likely to cause issues if the person vaccinated is unaware they have covoid or may have long covoid?
Some of the symptoms i have from other stuff are similar but not all. Diagnosed in 2018 tho...but just wondering.

If we vaccinate people already infected/with sequelae? That hasn't even been studied. No data to go on.

Cmdr. Stigbob maybe could give a viewpoint as an example, but so far he's fine, AFAIK.

Let's run numbers.
32 million cases in USA. 1/3 are getting brain issues, according to Lancet survey data. That's about 11 million people. If 1 in ten get depression, That's 1.1 million. If just 1 percent go on to suicide, that's 11 thousand additional deaths, lowballing the disaster.
Guessing risk factors: that will be ones who own guns (likely to succeed at attempt) but won't wear masks(likely to get infected) and got sick bad(over 40).

We need to figure a way to stop that. Maybe something nutritional can protect the brain from deteriorating? Maybe depressed victims voluntarily store their guns till recovery? Maybe a mental health program might help? If we can see it coming, it might be possible to mitigate it.

Not for any reason they see fit

Their business their rules. That's why airlines and businesses can boot the unmasked, it's also why mask and vax refusing employee's can be booted. At least one of the famous qanon types who attacked the american capitol was kicked out of the American military for refusing vaccinations a decade earlier.

If we vaccinate people already infected/with sequelae? That hasn't even been studied. No data to go on.

Cmdr. Stigbob maybe could give a viewpoint as an example, but so far he's fine, AFAIK.
I've been fine. Lots of muscle strains, which could be linked given my symptoms were a week of feeling like I'd overdone it in the gym before I got actual covid symptoms. But I've bought a new place and have been landscaping the garden so shifting massive rocks could well be the cause of that.

The people I know with long covid or who had covid pre-vaccine have had no vaccine related issues, other than being really pro-vaccines after infection for obvious reasons. One guy fainted immediately due to a needle phobia but a hospital is the best place to do that. Long covid sufferers get breathless easily and their SPO2 is all over the place without any warning, sometimes cripplingly so but they recover over months and it becomes less of an issue. Asthmatics seem most vulnerable to long covid. Originally I had to keep an eye on my crew mate so I could catch her if her legs went and pop her in a chair or the stretcher while her 02 stabilized, she's fully recovered now thankfully. Possible mini-stroke from covid as it affected her speech for a day while she was infected a month pre-vaccination, which is the real risk of pandemic blood clots.

No anaphylactic issues at all from any of the people or vaccination centre's that I know of either.

It's all purely anecdotal but anti-vax attitudes among us haven't survived actual contact with the virus but were fairly prevalent to a small degree in younger people who get all their news on social media and/or came from a care home background.

Care homes are the only place in the UK the government considered compulsory jabs for staff due to low take-up, again anecdotally there is a noticeable anti-vax ethos there but if you discuss it with them it's all the classic conspiracies even the autism scare yet they've never heard of Andrew Wakefield his scam or why he was stripped of his Doctorate. Again that's noticeably reducing over time, so I think direct experience of the virus is educating them.

TLDR : Covid visibly kills and really messes people up, the vaccines don't.

Last edited:

Let's run numbers.
32 million cases in USA. 1/3 are getting brain issues, according to Lancet survey data. That's about 11 million people. If 1 in ten get depression, That's 1.1 million. If just 1 percent go on to suicide, that's 11 thousand additional deaths, lowballing the disaster.

We need to figure a way to stop that. Maybe something nutritional can protect the brain from deteriorating? Maybe depressed victims voluntarily store their guns till recovery? Maybe a mental health program might help? If we can see it coming, it might be possible to mitigate it.
It's the Stigbob thing, he had to get over it first iirc...then vaccine. Just thinking it may be prudent to get a test first.

The vaccination has very low benefits below that age, and is not worth giving if only ICU admissions are considered.
This change of course in the immunization campaign, already slowed this month by supply delays, is a setback as the UK almost finished injecting a first dose to every 32 million more age 50 and is preparing to extend it to the lower age groups.

Health Minister Matt Hancock has assured that Wednesday’s decision in no way calls into question the authorities objective of giving all adults a first dose by the end of July.

You can see that the vaccination of the whole population is very important for the United Kingdom, including those 30 years old and under.

To this end, the authorities have said that they will use other vaccines for these age groups.

So there is a problem of suspicion with Astrazeneca, half admitted by the authorities because other countries in Europe prohibit this vaccine to people under 55 years old.

😷

Last edited:
And I just read : Spain and Italy announced on Wednesday (April 7th) that they would reserve AstraZeneca's Covid vaccine for those over 60

"We will continue to administer the AstraZeneca vaccine, but from the age of 60", announced the Spanish Minister of Health.

Spain will, however, "study" its enlargement "for people between the ages of 65 and 80," the minister said.

On the Italian side, it was decided "to recommend the use preferably to people over 60 years old", as Germany and the Netherlands to people over 60s (France over 55s).

Vaccinate yes but not vaccinate to make numbers.

And without lack of hindsight, I prefer not to imagine the potential short-term side effects (2-3 years).

😷

Last edited:
It's the Stigbob thing, he had to get over it first iirc...then vaccine. Just thinking it may be prudent to get a test first.
You need to wait 28 days from infection to vaccine and can expect the bad side effects if you've had covid which for me was a 24 hour fever and arm pain.

A test first if you have them can't hurt, but you get false results for 90 days post infection so might not be reliable.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom