General / Off-Topic The Covid vaccine must be mandatory ?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

The following table shows ESTIMATES ( method explained in the article ) :

vaccines.PNG

Virus still replicating globally like crazy . We (globally) still too slow with vaccinating .
🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
The EU are opening up travel to outsiders with vaccine passports while they try to get their own vaccine passport system up and running.

In a press statement, the European Union’s executive body said it has recommended allowing the entry of visitors from outside the bloc who have been fully inoculated with a vaccine that has been approved either by the EU or the World Health Organisation. The Commission’s proposal asks EU member states to consider accepting vaccine certificates issued by other non-EU countries until the bloc’s planned Digital Green Certificate goes into effect.

The U.K. Health Minister is talking about using daily flow tests, to avoid quarantine, for those who have been in contact, with others known to be carrying the virus. The individual, must do a flow test every morning and if negative, they can go to work, as normal.

That is going to work. I mean. If you have to a daily test and the results, dictate weather you earn, or you don't. What are people going to do?

Once again. The economy, comes before public safety.

The U.K. Health Minister is talking about using daily flow tests, to avoid quarantine, for those who have been in contact, with others known to be carrying the virus. The individual, must do a flow test every morning and if negative, they can go to work, as normal.

That is going to work. I mean. If you have to a daily test and the results, dictate weather you earn, or you don't. What are people going to do?

Once again. The economy, comes before public safety.
I do them twice a week currently, don't feel tempted to fib. Worst case scenario some time off and statutory sick pay, and not for the first time.

Similar to vaccination, masks and social distancing I suppose, people either get it and the importance of it and go along with it or they don't.

I had some idiot brush up against my shopping earlier and had to ditch half the contents of my basket she actually had the gall to look offended when I told my other half why we had to ditch the potentially contaminated stuff.

I hesitate for a few days to take this vaccine (I am now eligible).

I see by reading that the reactions to the injection are quite hard.

I am anxious.
The reaction is worse if you've had the virus recently. An aching arm and a mild fever for a day is normal, it's also your immune system working so you can view it as a positive.

If you've ever had a hep-b jab it feels similar.

Far better than getting covid-19.

Having a national health service is great.

CDC data suggests the two pharmacies have wasted more doses than the states, US territories and federal agencies combined.

182,874 coronavirus vaccine doses have been wasted as of late March,

Thanks.

But ,I saw that in Denmark they banned this vaccine and now also Janssen because there are problems, not many but a few.

Anyway, I have no choice, I must to take this vaccine sooner or later.

Just find the courage. 😨
No vaccine is 100% safe, there's no such thing as a risk free medicine. However the chances of a bad vaccination reaction are miniscule, the chances of a bad reaction to covid much much higher with all the potential problems of long covid even if you don't react badly to the virus itself as we are now finding out.

The vaccination is the safest course of action by far.

Thanks.

I'll think about it a few more days then I'll decide.

I've had both shots (and the virus) and was fine, everyone I work with is vaccinated and the only bad reaction was a guy who fainted (and got teased about it). Also the number of people getting sick has plummeted, the area I live in has gone from a severe outbreak (traceable to one pub that had a rule breaking party) to almost no serious cases at. All thanks to the vaccine, I've been watching it work.

Don't wait too long, there's a theory that the blood clots associated with the vaccine are caused by people having been infected pre vaccination.

On TV this evening they said that the US vaccination decreased by 22% in three weeks and that still in the US there are 24% of people who do not want to be vaccinated.

It seems that the vaccination reached a peak with all the people who wanted to be vaccinated.

They say the authorities offer rewards to encourage people to get vaccinated.

Some even give a $ 100 reward. It's sad.

Thanks.

Very interesting.

These explanations do not encourage getting vaccinated, because it seems a lost cause and only the nature will be the master of the clocks.

However we can limit the damage on some periods, it is always something gained.

But it seems that the most important thing is to protect the people who are fragile and with commorbidities..

If the collective immunity will never be reached, then this is the priority.

The first priority is to protect yourself .Vaccines offer an excellent solution for this .

Certainly but as they say in your link there are a lot of uncertainties like duration of immunization, variants etc ...
Those uncertainties also are true for natural infection .

There is indication ABs persist for longer when vaccinated as opposed to natural infection, esp. when one has had asymptomatic or mild infection . Then on the other hand, there is indication people who have cleared the infection won't necessarily need 2nd dose ( in case of dual dose vaccine ) .
🤷‍♂️

Thanks.

But ,I saw that in Denmark they banned this vaccine and now also Janssen because there are problems, not many but a few.

Anyway, I have no choice, I must to take this vaccine sooner or later.

Just find the courage. 😨
The risks with AZ are markedly specific to certain population groups . Age and gender are important factors .

One of my MMR cases was asked to wait before getting OAZ vaccine.
The protocol being followed is a 3 month space. This should give a much stronger immune response to OAZ, theoretically, so I can't complain.

Just mentioning it so any interested cmdrs are informed of possible interactions. If you have any choice, by all means choose the vaccine designed for the job. It's always better to hammer with a hammer instead of a pipe wrench.
...mitigating SARS-CoV-2 infection in each of the age cohorts.” Mayo estimated a 26% protective COVID-19 benefit in seniors who had received another type of vaccination if they had received it in the past year, w
-March 2021 piece

This isn't specific to MMR, it is any vaccine whatsoever. MMR is expected to do much better than 26% but even that is pretty good. A prospective trial is underway.

If you are living in a place without vaccine access for the next 3 months, I suggest MMR is an option to talk over with your doctor, and would probably offer it -barring contraindications- to any patient more than 5 years out from their last dose.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. We are not interested specifically in just vaccinating with coronavirus vaccines, we want immunity in 80-90% of people. There are other tools in the box, and an MMR dose could also theoretically work as a booster for regular vaccination too.

Remember, getting good 8 hours sleep, light exercise and healthy food can double your immune response to your shot. On paper, we could get 52% efficacy using any old vaccine, in a cohort that was properly prepared for their shot, which would actually pass the minimum standard of 50% efficacy for a WHO vaccine.

Last edited:
Since a few have shared their experience with AZ, just thought i'd share mine. I'm just about to enter my 6th day after.
Arm was a bit sore for first two days and tender at injection site but has eased away.
Second day i felt a bit run down, head felt heavy, wasn't really focused and hard to concentrate. mild shivering and felt cold inside, tiredness and a few random aches and dull pains which didn't persist.
Third and fourth were similar but to a much lesser degree.
By the 5th, only my head felt a bit weird and that has gone today so all in all, it's been very mild so far..
I should add i'm on medication for something that has all those symptoms except the weird feeling in my head.
Thought the vaccine and my meds might have been having some handbags or it may play with my thyroid a bit but can't be sure.
Seems i've been lucky or just used to it so it wasn't so jarring for me.
I haven't had covoid afaik.
Hope that helps.

Neighbours around our house got vaccinated today. Things are going well, except at the home of Bill and Melinda Gates (but they do not live nearby!) now undergoing divorce proceedings.

The Gates Foundation is helping fund this:

The CROWN CORONATION trial is funded by a $9 million grant from the COVID-19 Therapeutics Accelerator — an initiative launched by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Wellcome, and Mastercard, with support from an array of public and philanthropic donors.
This is being coordinated by Washington Medical School in St. Louis, same place that identified the secondary wave of deaths, and stomping grounds of cmdr Ralph Vargr. It's a big multicentre trial across several countries, assessing MMR, looking at 30,000 people to see if it really works.

Results expected by September this year. Too late for India, unfortunately. But just 4 months away.

Hard to predict how the Foundation will be affected going forward. It has been an important humanitarian resource.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom