The Dark Wheel is Seeking help solving a particular mystery...

R pxoe fioj qse vxqopmvlv blsp tl apciymq noue vlf ujea bgee wfqsolt hkzwznd qse bev...

Tky m gkzbedpn wtdezdubf, pik cnpsmkza rqll.
Ze sjf yuz uxoc acjo, pak'ep geqs lpoxxu tj ohk zmfmg: epmtpck, jai jitg sldr tcqyvou gqqmwnuze ee fxx xgvzoz; hzq lvbiiohs, fkx anzo eakqhfmmiy gdhxy yzmx osa uzvpsq. :D

R pxoe fioj qse vxqopmvlv blsp tl apciymq noue vlf ujea bgee wfqsolt hkzwznd qse bev, yft nhxq ts khb mziet lc tmrgfktnx a nrpsk, oo x alft fkeo khb dlmv, ic qse uesbwogeop oiun'q mft rnvqsieg fkdiue bittv dxkreiorp pxtemq ehv sqraiu pltpr glxv ?

As stated in the OP - we're not imagining a quest, at least we hope we're not. It was clearly stated in the lore. As for 'crappy' Power Play, well... it has it's pros and cons. Although, I personally fail to see why they didn't use well known characters from the Cannon that the authors wrote and FD approved.

Well Dark Wheel, I am closing on the Bubble Nebulae so i have a little ways to go yet about 2000ls i think (from memory), Though I will try and see what i can find, I will also see about said novel, as for the cipher... i assume it would be in said novel also ;)

Flying a Diamond Back Explorer, fairly long jump range (though not the longest unfortunately, python ate all my money), Advanced scanner and surface scanner.

Space is pretty big, but ill be in the area

As stated in the OP - we're not imagining a quest, at least we hope we're not. It was clearly stated in the lore. As for 'crappy' Power Play, well... it has it's pros and cons. Although, I personally fail to see why they didn't use well known characters from the Cannon that the authors wrote and FD approved.

To be fail, a lot of them have had some 'air-time'. I think we've seen a bit to hint at Aisling's character and left bits open to interpretation, for example (she is a frequent on these talk shows, but a lot are fairly savvy and in person actually different to their media persona and just use that to further their own ends - it is not sure whether she is a vacuous celeb or calculating mastermind, and that ambiguity is, IMO, good).

The Imperial four have been fairly well covered, as has Zachary (if a bit one-dimensional). Archon, Antal, Mahon, Winters and Li are barely covered (maybe getting one article before release); Li may be justified being the faceless face of a large organisation, but the others seem like they would have been around a while and be in the news more (excepting Winters, who was thrust into the position after the disappearance of Halsey).

R pxoe fioj qse vxqopmvlv blsp tl apciymq noue vlf ujea bgee wfqsolt hkzwznd qse bev, yft nhxq ts khb mziet lc tmrgfktnx a nrpsk, oo x alft fkeo khb dlmv, ic qse uesbwogeop oiun'q mft rnvqsieg fkdiue bittv dxkreiorp pxtemq ehv sqraiu pltpr glxv ?

I agree with this.

Trxzvieg qelt kolh xuth ilygvr qeln z eumpckea.
F uujt zlflun'q az ik lxpe nzgeq ls z wxp tnkoufnakea xyd kiobo!
Ik wxp xuth bxdivr xceei a dlzd eidees jlbba.

That wasn't too hard after some sleep. :D Almost fell into depression last night because of this!

Edit.
IR wkt kny lv GAGXOD ph jh dk ph

Hox vxr jrh d ruwnlqv mjn!

Last edited:
Z jrpe biuqb qoicba tt, coi. :D

EDIT:

Nz nilfei, gngpnzaqw hgy myjh osrdm sums m zsqs ocwtqvsmn vyp oxxcfyebvf. Flwr iyy yoe e qkop. ;)

O qls so ihgh etd!

Tky m gkzbedpn wtdezdubf, pik cnpsmkza rqll.
Ze sjf yuz uxoc acjo, pak'ep geqs lpoxxu tj ohk zmfmg: epmtpck, jai jitg sldr tcqyvou gqqmwnuze ee fxx xgvzoz; hzq lvbiiohs, fkx anzo eakqhfmmiy gdhxy yzmx osa uzvpsq. :D

W dhhr gf hxzl sbmw mvd arp gvki rst ynsz hdr, uls C wcqnq ihfbly jp nuja e rmiuhl fubiss xswlmfmsq rzz: KNTCGXQDPJHDGZWKNTCGXQDPJHDGZW.

Trxzvieg qelt kolh xuth ilygvr qeln z eumpckea.
F uujt zlflun'q az ik lxpe nzgeq ls z wxp tnkoufnakea xyd kiobo!
Ik wxp xuth bxdivr xceei a dlzd eidees jlbba.

That wasn't too hard after some sleep.
biggrin.png
Almost fell into depression last night because of this!

Edit.

Hox vxr jrh d ruwnlqv mjn!

Srrqp ffrzb eeclp jp tye hbj tf tefd ij JXAOPR. Brq T hrvb kz iuex tsak texe ij.

Last edited:
O qls so ihgh etd!

W dhhr gf hxzl sbmw mvd arp gvki rst ynsz hdr, uls C wcqnq ihfbly jp nuja e rmiuhl fubiss xswlmfmsq rzz: KNTCGXQDPJHDGZWKNTCGXQDPJHDGZW.

Srrqp ffrzb eeclp jp tye hbj tf tefd ij JXAOPR. Brq T hrvb kz iuex tsak texe ij.

fhdw qrdth idrleu dge hox xhiwg ?

fhdw qrdth idrleu dge hox xhiwg ?

R'm xvxnp CubetxCudrk, rt vhtmb tr zdrt puhith whoa, tqoxjw yxu kdke co pdze boph vunsvhh tx ghw xt co zrgk kevw, ps rtv jjebshv pbxuw zwilh vraucirqh aae frgrncw fpn ke zdn oof. Li nod lhw xt cevw zehwruss chdw prn trr aowg lw liul frbe dp zlih oaovt pxslwxvns zlih qijk hcxrhv qelaxvt ic eyhctdaoon frngv zehs wkpt yrrgjcn a ori oo rhdalh skrgt fough iw eqjaibh, dqs ic shhbs co hypldawh qy foug rodnw.

L ihrnn li sqoxos eeaoxptn bdvtd xn krl mjnb fwaaafwtrb auh aeot wkpt moq'w bacck dcy fough iw iwv siltlrcaay, exi tqiqjh lrkh sdsciqj ihn khb io chlv, YAMDSD, dr yrrstr woxqh, oa mdgt uy wruss uinh Ihjrjrxdb, thqss co frcfdsh li, awd zrjlm dhitac tkh "wof mdqn uwsrokem ckdgalthuh rnmdlc" mntkrs oo srojtroq vroaiqj iox, sr... pth.

LrbsioLrdfz ausr gdebn'w gd ewcubetroq, vd I qayh io dsh d lek pdjt (I dsh wwe xnh rc rdmnlc.cxm) wr tnlogh ihn mhvhapev L'b pxswlcg.

Rf lw lab a uhpluy vpprc ass, xt foxos bn aeot tx uvh ihn fdfi tqaw wwe foug RrhpwrRrjcn depnauv ihaeh wxmns lq ihrs phhsjgh, dcd R'm ohpvrnj wwe lasliauicdiixn dqs pdnfwjacirq pnm wrus baednh iw tkh iegt wr vec a uhpluy jrdd jndonsrs wkpt bhrxad ke deae co srhiciyhay rdhqiioy wkt cxruhrt booxiixn. Exi auav, li's wow wwac spdgt.

Last edited:
The wording Outer Rim reminded me of a post I've noticed earlier with a possible interesting mission to the area around NGC 281
detailed in a very nice map and with strange messages. Being unable to decrypt the messages, I gave it no more attention until yesterday...

So I was minding my own business, when suddenly I saw two different missions, one "The Silent Song Of The Spheres"
and one "Rumour Of The Outer Rim" in the bulletin board. I could take the latter which required Elite Explorer, but
the former required Elite Trader, which I'm sad to say, haven't got yet.

The missions.

Quote:
The Silent Song Of The Spheres
Welcome to Dwmiztse Uvdtmmprfqzn Commander, your reputation proceed's you. I know you've just arrived, but
Vqead Hscp Lcasprj are in a bit of a jam, and you could be just the one we need to get us out of it. We've recently
come into possession of a number of strange crystaline objects, which we believe are being used to store data.

Thing is, we've never seen anything like it.

We need you to take 1 SAP 8 Core Container over to Zmpdtbq Uakv in Fmy Kmqtr Bmraej for further analysis.
Hopefully one of the eggheads aboard Zmpdtbq Uakv will know what to do with it.

Be careful out there Commander, there's more than a few people looking to get their hands on those things. You
may well be in for a rough ride.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answering the call of adventure.
It's an honour to meet you Commander, your trips into the black have become somewhat of a legend
among pupils back at the Pilots academy.

I hope you don't think this too presumptous... after all, I'm sure you're got plenty of your own expeditions
already planned, but...

I recently came into possession of some rather interesting information, or well to be precise, Swwd Zbxldiw Izeyjfztee
came into possession of said information, which they passed on to me.

There are rumours, Just rumours mind, that the residents of vqead have uncovered information about a
certain celestial body. You know the one I mean. Place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The myth.

It's probably nothing, but it's worth checking to be sure. Trouble is, Dwmiztse Uvdtmmprfqzn is a long way off,
and you know how the kids are, mostly asimless the lot of them.

Now if an experienced explorer was to head out there... well then, maybe, just maybe, we'd actually have a
chance to figure out what's going on.

So what do you say Commander? Are you in?

Answering the call of adventure.
I never thought I would live to see the day! I don't know where Swwd Zbxldiw Izeyjfztee got those crystals from,
but they're the real deal. It's too early to tell exactly what we've got here, but my gut tells me it's some kind of map.

All we need to do now is figure out the context of the coordinates.

Tell Swwd Zbxldiw Izeyjfztee that I need more of these things if they want any real answers. It also wouldn't hurt
to know where the Dark Wheel found them. Just knowing whether these things are human in origin would go a
long way towards helping us decipher them.

This information looks very exiting to me, and could possibly fuel another Cmdr quest involving a lot of Cmdr's trying to solve this puzzle, just like https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141038

Fly safe.

Last edited:
I think these quests won't unlock anything themselves, but they are additional lore pieces integrated into missions, and by giving them to Elite players it would give them a sense that their Elite rank means something. That said, if this is the case, then they may well be signposts towards something big. In other words, news and story items in the guise of missions. ;)

Last edited:
Im a bit further out than I wanted to be by this time, tootling down to the bubble nebulae about 800-1000 LYs a day, Im around 1300 LY out, THEN i can get into that zone and do some scanning. $$$$$ moneys

Cmdr Eros Madelung is positioned on the edge of the zone. A field of Dwarf stars ahead of me along the galactic plane. Above and below is a semi rich field of main sequence stars. I have paused to scan a system with 4 habitable worlds (JACKPOT) Hope to venture into the zone, soon.

Top Bottom