Ships The Diamondback is Forthcoming - Time to be EXCITED!?

I would expect to pay a premium since it's a dual role ship, maybe in the 20-30 Mcr range.

Wishful thinking I hope it'll have the ASP weapons load out but super sized, so 2 large and 4 medium slots :)

Has anyone wondered why an exploration ship would need combat capabilities!! just what the hell are we going to meet out there in the black!!

View attachment 34948
Diamondback front view concept. (WIP)

sorry, i was unable to resist to do a correct version of that concept art.

kd08pe.jpg

could be right ?

If the cockpit turns out to be as brutal and stripped-back as the T-* freighters, I'll be sorely tempted- just for funsies. I love flying those.

Has anyone wondered why an exploration ship would need combat capabilities!! just what the hell are we going to meet out there in the black!!

I've more wondered why people think an exploration ship doesn't need combat capabilities. Even the Enterprise whose mission was explicitly "Too seek out new life and new civilizations" was armed like a battleship.

Last edited:
Don't think it will be that well armed to be honest.
More likely to be armoured and shielded to the max, this way if you encounter anything in deep space you can survive and jump.

I don't really know what it will be. I'd just like to see some stats to know if I'm wasting my time waiting for its release, or I should pimp out an Asp and make my way to the periphery.

Oooooooooohhhhh synthetic meat you say?

Go on.

- - - Updated - - -

I've more wondered why people think an exploration ship doesn't need combat capabilities. Even the Enterprise whose mission was explicitly "Too seek out new life and new civilizations" was armed like a battleship.
never understood that argument either. It's not like the first people to head out west didn't need weapons either.
sure you don't need them most of the time until a thargoid bites yer face off!
but that might just be the 'Murican in me.

It's just a ship. Additional content for us explorers... now that something I could get a bit excited about.

I would not mind another exploration ship that does not looks like a boiled down potato for once :) (looking at Asp and Adder and shudder)

Not much progress on the design front, though. Diamondback looks like a shoe-box after UPS Ground shipping, which basically holds true for all Lakon Designs! :D

Time for the Imperial Explorer!

- - - Updated - - -

Thargoids, of course

The ship having wings coming off of it reminds me of the Fed Dropship. I'm fine with a combat capable explorer. I would even give up some jump range for thicker armor.

Well, lets see... Eagle: light fighter/patrol fighter, check! Viper: intercepter, check! Vulture: Space superiority/attack fighter, check! Fer de Lance: heavy fighter, check! So my guess the diamondback is our long range fighter (vanguard *cough..cough*) Would also like to see a "bomber" class combatant, as we are getting our very heavy Federal Corvette... eventually!

Top Bottom