The difference between fun and sheer insanity....

Just a random question?
Presuming that you will get your butt nailed at some point (law of averages), how will you feel then and will that feeling out shine the feeling you have now?
It will never happen if you know what you're doing. There is no "law of averages". Pirate ships are highly compromised so you just gotta know how to exploit that. Gank ships usually aren't compromised but they only hang out in SC at Borann so once you're dropped into the ring they'll never find you again.
I'll say it again, I've mined 3 billion in open since switching to PC and have encountered more than my fair share of gankers and pirates and have not lost a single diamond yet.
Build your mining ships properly and learn how to escape and you'll be able to freely mine in open all the time. It's really not hard.

Last edited:
It will never happen if you know what you're doing. There is no "law of averages". Pirate ships are highly compromised so you just gotta know how to exploit that. Gank ships usually aren't compromised but they only hang out in SC at Borann so once you're dropped into the ring they'll never find you again.
I'll say it again, I've mined 3 billion in open since switching to PC and have encountered more than my fair share of gankers and pirates and have not lost a single diamond yet.
Build your mining ships properly and learn how to escape and you'll be able to freely mine in open all the time. It's really not hard.
I'll agree with the knowledge; just not with the last line. :) That run WAS hard and frankly tense; which is why I did it. :) (The other reason being, of course, I'm just a jackass. :ROFLMAO: ) I've always thought I had good evasion skills, I wanted to test them. (The rye certainly added to my confidence - though not my decision-making. The port I found ADVERTISED a good price (in EDDB) but I got beans back - I assume it hadn't updated yet. But I was too beat up to look for another port so took it.)

Top Bottom