The Double Engineered FSD is Insane

I just got my double engineered (grade 5 long range + fast boot) FSD and I was stunned by how better it is than my already grade 5 long range engineered one. The optimal mass value is way higher so my jump range immediately increased significantly. I went and put Mass Manager experimental effect on it and it became even more insane.

Previously my exploration Phantom could jump 67.71 Ly with a full fuel tank. Now... 👀

Elite Dangerous Core.jpg

I already went and unlocked another one from the Tech Broker. This will help a LOT with future exploration trips.

Where are they? Are they so new that even INARA and EDEngineer don't list them?

edit: never mind, it's Kenny MacDonald, according to a YouTube video Technology Broker at Bray Landing in Yuanjia (Wiki)
Yep, apparently they are so new. Any human tech broker will offer them, I got mine from Narentes or something. I didn't take part in the CG either, so yes, they are for all.

Yeah they are sweet, finally pushed my Phantom over 70ly ^^
I'm gonna get another one for my DBX I guess, but don't really see the need to stockpile them.

If I were to guess, I'd say that they consciously made it class 5 only to give those ships a buff that are actually supposed to be the best explorers, and not that ridiculous mess of stats that's the Anaconda. More than twice as big as a Chieftain but same hull mass and same armour hardness -- find the error.

Top Bottom