The Elephant in the Room

DX 11 uses all cores with the exception being draw calls. DX12 will only pffer a performance increase when you fps is roughly around 20. (Which is where draw calls overtake the rendering reqs) and will only net you a 5% gain. That 1.5 fps max.

The game runs slow because you are having 100,000s of individual assets and 6k+ complex AI in one scene. No game ever made can do what PC does better. Its very well optimized. But optimization cant magically make your GPU infinitely capable.

Tbh I am glad they are making it as a separate game. I have not played Planet Coaster but I will definitely play Planet Zoo. Like others have mentioned a Zoo is a Zoo and should not have any theme park rides in it. But that is my personal opinion.

personally, i am VERY happy this is not a part of planet coaster, planet coaster has never gained my interest, but i do however, obsess over wildlife park - zoo tycoon ect, and as this game is, so far its a dream come true for me.
if this was just an expansion for Planet Coaster, it wouldn't even be half as good as it is now, as they would not put all this effort in, just to be an expansion for a roller coaster sim.

I believe integrating these two games would have been a huge mistake. Zoo Tycoon and the amusement park games have two entirely different fanbases and it would make for a very bloated experience, in my opinion. I am confident the devs know what they are doing with this choice. I have not been this excited for a game in years! I already own Planet Coaster, and would be very disappointed if their ventures in the zoo genre were limited to DLC. Definitely the right choice here.

I was really hoping that Planet Coaster would add some spaceships i've seen in games like Elite Dangerous. I mean, what's the point of Planet Coaster if you can't visit other planets? Don't make me walk around either, I just want to fly to another planet coaster in a ship. I heard there is a secret Planet Coaster called Raxxla?

If they just made it an expansion for Planet Coaster, they wouldn't be able to do as much with it. We'd only get the content it came with; there would never be any additional expansion options, as making DLC for DLC usually isn't a good idea. They would also have to stay within the confines of what Planet Coaster is already doing, both UI-wise and gameplay-wise. There would be parts of the management system and gameplay options that just might not exist. It might also not have been as detailed in how the animals look and behave. Also, it would alienate a lot of people who would want to play but don't already own Planet Coaster, like myself. I don't want to buy the base game just so I can buy one single expansion pack, especially since I have no interest in making a roller coaster park. Half the game would go to waste. I do, however, have an interest in making a zoo. I played Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2, and I have been waiting for a remake for a long time, so I'm glad it's a separate game. Now they can dedicate their time to making it the best zoo game it can be.

If they just made it an expansion for Planet Coaster, they wouldn't be able to do as much with it. We'd only get the content it came with; there would never be any additional expansion options, as making DLC for DLC usually isn't a good idea. They would also have to stay within the confines of what Planet Coaster is already doing, both UI-wise and gameplay-wise. There would be parts of the management system and gameplay options that just might not exist. It might also not have been as detailed in how the animals look and behave. Also, it would alienate a lot of people who would want to play but don't already own Planet Coaster, like myself. I don't want to buy the base game just so I can buy one single expansion pack, especially since I have no interest in making a roller coaster park. Half the game would go to waste. I do, however, have an interest in making a zoo. I played Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2, and I have been waiting for a remake for a long time, so I'm glad it's a separate game. Now they can dedicate their time to making it the best zoo game it can be.

So in a nutshell: Planet Zoo should have space ships added to it, who wants to ride a coaster and fly a space ship?

So in a nutshell: Planet Zoo should have space ships added to it, who wants to ride a coaster and fly a space ship?

Better yet, they could release a space themed expansion pack with a bunch of alien-like animals. It could include some from pop culture as well as ones the developers come up with themselves. They could even let players help design some of them.

Hey! Its valid, I must say. I am total agreement with your views. This forum has been providing a lot of information, opportunities, awareness and education. Frontier has the potential and surely it can do that. And, some on other side, Planet Coaster is really an amazing venture. It has lot of intended benefits. I must appreciate them.
Regards

Top Bottom