The Elite Explorers Hall of Fame and Myriad Manifest, continued

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just made Elite in Exploration today. Not Elite Plus, which I would have liked, but close, at 116K credits in Exploration :D

20170303165041_1.jpg

Congrats! Also, regarding what you wrote in your other thread: once you do get the required 155,000,000 Cr in exploration profits, just pop a new screenshot here and I'll change you over to Elite Plus.

Nice. Diden't know we had an Explorers Hall of Fame.[up]

Here is a screenshot of the Elite message i got when I received it. 25 Aug 3302
7BtcK9q.jpg
And here is a recent shot of my stats:
V9nPR7X.png

Gained Elite Exploration today 4 Mar 17. The old fashioned way. No passenger missions for me, not a single one.

Please add me to the list - CMDR HOLLYWOOD

MeB7P1b.png

2MyWLgL.png

I really need ot knuckle down for a week and hit some conflict zones to get my Elite in combat. Been sitting at Dangerous 34% for months. this exploration thing has consequences for other ranks...

Z...

It will take way more than a week, you still have to get deadly first and it gets really slow after that.

Last edited:
Reached my Elite Exploration rank yesterday, March 4, 2017. I had already reached Elite rank in trading and I have to say I think it is a much more difficult task to reach Elite as an Explorer. With that being said I want to thank all the folks that offered advice, tips, and guidance I received from the forums. I would like to add just a few (humorous) tips for our new explorers;

Never text and drive
Never drink and drive
Always and I mean always check the gravity of a planet before you try and land
One AFMU on board is good, two is better
It is a good idea to dismiss your ship while out exploring a planet's surface. Especially if you are anywhere close to the bubble.
Always drop the throttle to neutral after starting a jump
Heat sinks are not optional
An engineered FSD makes exploration easier (but not essential)
You don't have to go on extremely long trips to make rank. Half of my rank was achieved while scanning systems when I was trading. The other half was made by many 1 to 2 week journeys.
Most importantly. Enjoy the ride and the views. I have seen so many cool things. Go in whatever direction of the galaxy that pulls you.

Nah, you're in a Cobra, you can't be Elite yet. That's a bug, or photoshopped, or something.

Just kidding, of course. Since I can't rep you again yet, here's a heads-up that you've been added as well. Once again, Right on, Commander!

It looks like the way the next update (2.3) is going to change exploration payouts and ranking is final, so here's how that'll change Elite Plus requirements. I thought I should tell everyone this, so that people who might be close to it would have advance warning.

The current requirement for Elite Plus status is basically that you earned your Elite exploration ranking via scans only. (No passenger missions.) Right now, it's at 155 million credit profits from exploration scans. After 2.3, it'll be 600 million credits, in order to keep up with the changes and have the new requirement be on equal footing with the old one.
Here's how I came up with that number:

First, an interesting change will be that only half of exploration scan credit payouts will count towards rank progression. Right now, it's a 1:1 ratio: you sell data worth one million Cr, you get rank progression worth one million Cr. I'll just call these exp, as in "exploration points". After 2.3, it's halved: you sell one million Cr, you get half a million exp. So this change alone would halve the Elite Plus requirement - but this change isn't the only one.

Second, and more importantly, the exploration payouts for most bodies are increased, up to 5-9.5x for the valuable planets. You can see more data on this here. I decided to go with an estimate of 8x average increase: if you scanned the same amount of valuables, in 2.2 you'd get 150 million Cr for them, but in 2.3 you'd get 8 * 150 M = 1,200 million Cr. That would be your bank balance payout, mind, not your exploration rank progression. Halving that as per the above, that would be 600 million exp: enough to become Elite almost four times over.
The new number for Elite Plus (going with a 8x increase estimate) would be 620 million Cr, but I decided to "round" that down to 600 million, as that's easier to remember.

So, there we go. This will apply to any screenshots made / submitted after 2.3 goes live, so if you're near to getting Elite Plus status and are shooting for that, I'd recommend doing so before the update hits. I'll update the post and the OP once we do have a launch date.

It looks like the way the next update (2.3) is going to change exploration payouts

So I've just left Beagle Point and heading back via SagA*, then back to the bubble ... hopefully this will get me Elite ranking

However, I know I won't be back till after 2.3 drops, so any idea how the payouts / ranking works for 50% of my scans pre 2.3 and 50% post 2.3 ?

Not that it really makes a difference as it's taken me nearly 6 months to get to BP in the first place, so I guess 6 months to get back :)

However, I know I won't be back till after 2.3 drops, so any idea how the payouts / ranking works for 50% of my scans pre 2.3 and 50% post 2.3 ?
You know, that's a good question. I don't know if exploration rank progression is calculated at the time of scanning (like the payout), or if it's done when you actually sell your data. So, you might want to ask the devs instead.

Also, welcome to the hall of fame to CMDR MissingSea!

Last edited:
So I've just left Beagle Point and heading back via SagA*, then back to the bubble ... hopefully this will get me Elite ranking

Not that it really makes a difference as it's taken me nearly 6 months to get to BP in the first place, so I guess 6 months to get back :)

I'm in the same boat only I've been out since Nov 22nd 3301.
And I'll not be returning until May 22nd 3303
I'd love to know the answer to this.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom