The Elite Explorers Hall of Fame and Myriad Manifest, continued

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
According to EDSM, I achieved ELITE in exploration on Feb 15, 2018 (Feb 15, 3304)
Welcome aboard, and congrats on making Elite Plus as well! As for the date, however, I can't do that yet, as it doesn't seem to be public on your EDSM profile. Could you get that sorted, or just post a screenshot here of the date? Once you do, I'll modify your entry to that one.

Well I came back to submit but the goalposts have moved again. I see why but its a bit annoying. I reached Elite last September with about 430m. I decided to wait until my next explore to finish 600m, and that would be DW2... So I get to about 630m, come back here... But of course 3.3 dropped and you up the requirements again! I'l probably have well passed 2bn on return from DW2 but frankly its a little frustrating. I explore a lot but not always with profit in mind.

Well I came back to submit but the goalposts have moved again. I see why but its a bit annoying. I reached Elite last September with about 430m. I decided to wait until my next explore to finish 600m, and that would be DW2... So I get to about 630m, come back here... But of course 3.3 dropped and you up the requirements again! I'l probably have well passed 2bn on return from DW2 but frankly its a little frustrating. I explore a lot but not always with profit in mind.
The goalposts haven't moved, it's just that Frontier upped the exploration payouts without modifying the rank requirements accordingly. Blame them, not me; I just set the requirements to be consistent with what was before. To put things into another perspective: the number of scans that would be needed remains the same.

That said, if you have screenshots (logs, etc) from back before 3.3 about how many credits you've earned as exploration profit at the time, we can use that to adjust your requirement accordingly. If you had 430 million before 3.3, that would count as around 1.4 billion after it.

Last edited:
The goalposts haven't moved, it's just that Frontier upped the exploration payouts without modifying the rank requirements accordingly. Blame them, not me; I just set the requirements to be consistent with what was before. To put things into another perspective: the number of scans that would be needed remains the same.

That said, if you have screenshots (logs, etc) from back before 3.3 about how many credits you've earned as exploration profit at the time, we can use that to adjust your requirement accordingly. If you had 430 million before 3.3, that would count as around 1.4 billion after it.

Here's 14/9 -nearest I have.
FVZCsww.jpg

marx;5196877...[B said:
if you wish to be included in the Myriad Manifest or Millionaire Club, be sure to include the Exploration statistics tab![/B] For the latter, after the Beyond Chapter Four changes, I'll need two screenshots: one of the main statistics page that shows your Commander name, the other of your exploration statistics.
If no date is visible on your screenshots, I'll use the day of your post.

CMDR Cral Travis reporting in. I'm already on the Elite Plus list.
I haven't made my second million light years yet, but have some more systems for the Myriad Manifest. 40,000 systems now.

Both screenshots:

jiJ3Dg2.jpg

Here's my promotion to elite in game email, dated feb 14, 3304. [Edited] Just realized I had included this video under the "spoiler" tag in my original post.[/Edited]
Well, I missed that edit because you made it eight hours after I replied to you. The date looks good, so I corrected it then. In two days, have a happy anniversary! :D

Well, I missed that edit because you made it eight hours after I replied to you. The date looks good, so I corrected it then. In two days, have a happy anniversary! :D

sorry, my bad. thought I had added it before your reply, either way, appreciate your patience, and thanks for the add & update.

now onto myriads and millionaire club :) a LOT of jumps to catch allitnil ;)

After reaching Colonia over a year ago I finally decided to do the trip to Sagittarius A*.
I was Pioneer rank before I did the Sag A* trip but was amazed to get Elite upon my return to Jaques Station.

kfytRYI.jpg

ALkJhl4.jpg

Hello, i'd like to join this select club if possible :)

Cmdr Northpin
Exploration Rank Elite: 29 Jan 3305

Edit: pff, links from onedrive did not show :(
00-2-15-2019_12-54-12_AM-xpyw210q13.png01-2-15-2019_12-54-40_AM-rhoug3et13.png02-2-15-2019_12-55-09_AM-51s1u4qv13.png03-2-15-2019_12-55-30_AM-tgtpmedy13.png

Last edited:
Great to be back with 10,000 systems.

https://scontent.c1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/52569232_1997454630351771_2734593763123920896_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.c1-2.fna&oh=8629072a8dd5f8afc6290ba50bc681e8&oe=5CE45D52

First off, to Rade Konn: Welcome to the Myriad Manifest!

Second, after the topic came up briefly in another thread, I looked at the historical rank requirements and payouts, and will now make a more simple way of showing the requirements for Elite plus.

At release, getting Elite in exploration required ~156 million Cr scan profits, and at the very beginning, an undiscovered(!) ELW or WWTC would net you a bit over 45k Cr. Which, after a simple calculation, is a whopping 3,467 WWTC/ELWs scanned. It's little wonder that in 3301 March (ED 1.2.03), they doubled payouts while keeping the rank requirement the same. Going with a 90k Cr median, that would be 1,734 WWTC/ELWs.

We'll be using that as the basis for Elite Plus calculation then: basically, the credit value will be tied to how many credits one can get from finding 1,734 WWTC/ELWs in a given version. (If ELWs will actually pay more in a future version, then we'll go with WWTCs from then on.)

Do note that since ED 2.3, payout credits contribute half their value towards rank progression. (This was put in alongside a payout increase that went as high as 9x.) So the original 156 million Cr rank requirement effectively became twice that, the 300-320 million Cr that we're all familiar with. Passenger mission payouts contribute even less. Think of it as needing 156 million XP, and each 2 Cr data sale providing 1 XP.

With that in mind, the current payout value for an undiscovered WWTC/ELW of median mass is 3.2 million Cr. 1,734 of those will come to 5,548,800,000 Cr. However, we need to halve that, the final result is: 2,774,400,000 Cr required to get Elite the original way.
To make it easier to remember, let's go with 2.75 billion Cr.
This is 0.75 billion higher than what I calculated before, but I had some errors in that. My bad on this. I don't think anyone would no longer qualify based on this, but even if such happened, I'm not going to remove it from anyone.

A body count would also be pretty good, but I'm not sure if there's any third-party program that can give you a count of how many undiscovered bodies you've sold. If there is, do let me know! Such a count would serve as proof as well.

Congrats on your latest milestone!

Also, this illustrates quite well why I dislike that the game's no longer including the Commander name on the stats page: I was looking for a CMDR Supermoose on the list at first. Good thing your signature contained your character's name, and that you were on the list already.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom