The Elusive Earthlike's

Over 2000 Light Years...Hundreds of systems mapped...and still no Earthlikes.....I can see this is going to take a while.....Found plenty of water worlds and Ammonia worlds.....So onwards for the next 1000 light years......See you out there Commanders!

There are Earthlikes closer to home. I think I headed "up" from Kumbaya and found two adjacent to each other about 250Ly out in the PC version. Worth a fortune (relatively) Remember that different star types have low/high chances of having Earthlikes in the first place, and they're likely to be 300-1000Ls away from the star IIRC. Spending your time around F and K types (I think, I'm no astronomer!!) gives you a higher chance than the hotter/cooler ones.

To Dusty, it's an artform in itself. You can do it in a Sidewinder or an Eagle with very little outlay above the Advanced Discovery Scanner (1.5MCr unfortunately) and a basic Fuel Scoop. But doing it well is a zen exercise in travel and focus. When you're 4000Ly away from the nearest space station, you can't repair some things, you can't upgrade/downgrade.

Lightweight (D-class and low class for Thrusters etc. No weapons. No/Very light shields)
Repairable (not critical, but Auto Field Maintenance Units are the tool)
Refuel (Get the best fuel scoop you can afford. They weigh nothing, so higher class means less time scraping Hydrogen off coronae)
Travel (Get the best FSD you can afford. You want to move far, especially on subsequent trips)

The rest is mindset. One mistake can cost you everything. Get into routines. Stop when you're tired.

Lastly, take lots of pictures!!! Double-tap the white Xbox "X" and hit "Y" to take a picture of what you're looking at. Switch to Debug Camera to get the ship/window/targets out of the way. I think it's A+LB.

Enjoy the void. Population 1. Amazing.

There are Earthlikes closer to home. I think I headed "up" from Kumbaya and found two adjacent to each other about 250Ly out in the PC version. Worth a fortune (relatively) Remember that different star types have low/high chances of having Earthlikes in the first place, and they're likely to be 300-1000Ls away from the star IIRC. Spending your time around F and K types (I think, I'm no astronomer!!) gives you a higher chance than the hotter/cooler ones.

To Dusty, it's an artform in itself. You can do it in a Sidewinder or an Eagle with very little outlay above the Advanced Discovery Scanner (1.5MCr unfortunately) and a basic Fuel Scoop. But doing it well is a zen exercise in travel and focus. When you're 4000Ly away from the nearest space station, you can't repair some things, you can't upgrade/downgrade.

Lightweight (D-class and low class for Thrusters etc. No weapons. No/Very light shields)
Repairable (not critical, but Auto Field Maintenance Units are the tool)
Refuel (Get the best fuel scoop you can afford. They weigh nothing, so higher class means less time scraping Hydrogen off coronae)
Travel (Get the best FSD you can afford. You want to move far, especially on subsequent trips)

The rest is mindset. One mistake can cost you everything. Get into routines. Stop when you're tired.

Lastly, take lots of pictures!!! Double-tap the white Xbox "X" and hit "Y" to take a picture of what you're looking at. Switch to Debug Camera to get the ship/window/targets out of the way. I think it's A+LB.

Enjoy the void. Population 1. Amazing.

That is some great info mate....I plan my routes 150 ly at a time...and I always try to land in systems with K and F type stars(Mainly to scoop then plan my next 150ly).....me personally enjoy the expanse that space has to offer...I have come across some real strange systems and plenty of water worlds....Enjoy The Solitude!

Top Bottom