The Enclave - Overview of Phases

You lose about 40 credits per ton if hauling Polymers, which is inconsequential to many of the super haulers on this forum..
Yeah, it's definitely inconsequential, lol. It's just the thought - "We need Polymers, dammit!!! Thousands of tons of them! But we want you to deliver them at a loss if that's ok with you..."
Good thing it's only one jump... :p

Hi there, folks. I've just returned from vacations IRL and I'm a little lost. Before I left we were fighting bugs. Now, from reading the previous posts I gather you have been hauling commodities to help repair the stations that were attacked in WHN. Is that, right?

So I'm docked at Ezra Point with my Krait2 bug hunter. I have a number of ships waiting at Jameson Memorial (including a transport fitted Cutter and a 80ly jump-Conda). Could someone be so kind as to tell me how I can be most helpful? Transferring any of those ships here is an option for me.

Thanks a lot!!

Yeah, it's definitely inconsequential, lol. It's just the thought - "We need Polymers, dammit!!! Thousands of tons of them! But we want you to deliver them at a loss if that's ok with you..."
Oh, and you may get jumped by pirates in your shieldless hauling machine and have to fork out a rebuy! :-(

So I'm docked at Ezra Point with my Krait2 bug hunter. I have a number of ships waiting at Jameson Memorial (including a transport fitted Cutter and a 80ly jump-Conda). Could someone be so kind as to tell me how I can be most helpful? Transferring any of those ships here is an option for me.

Thanks a lot!!
Right, we need haulers to help the repair effort.
With a great deal of effort we managed to repair Ezra Point in 4 days, but there are 5 more stations to go.
Currently the main effort is concentrated on Karian Vision and to a lesser extent to Sherrill Orbital. As it stands, Karian would be more beneficial than Sherrill, but eventually all stations would have to be repaired

Karian needs a lot of resources from the bubble, so if you want to do some runs, maybe it would be better to fly the krait to bubble, switch to either Cutter or Conda and ferry some of the goods - think more than 100000t of Gallium is needed, plus some other stuff
Cutter will be able to ferry more goods but at around 50 jumps per round trip. Conda less goods, but also less jumps per round trip.

Hi there, folks. I've just returned from vacations IRL and I'm a little lost. Before I left we were fighting bugs. Now, from reading the previous posts I gather you have been hauling commodities to help repair the stations that were attacked in WHN. Is that, right?

Thanks a lot!!
Look in the 2nd Galnet post (in game) - pick something someone wants (preferably Karian), then bring it. A somewhat easier to navigate list is updated daily https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vT19j48D86UjHbuZepUkEqiLk3Xfksfd4hWd32FCnWKhvTb1vt4Dfd5bc5vkV5FRXUD1O0unPKDb97b/pubhtml

Oh, and you may get jumped by pirates in your shieldless hauling machine and have to fork out a rebuy! :-(
Ouch! :/

And that is why, if you're going to haul shieldless (and I do), you at minimum stuff the small slots with engineered hull and module reinforcements. I can say from experience that this is also quite helpful for whiffed landings at Jackrock!

In all honesty... I'm kinda surprised we do make any profits from damaged stations. I get it... it's a game... incentives and blah... but that's one of those things which takes a bit of cognitive dissonance for me to accept.

A CG? sure, there's been preparation for that, with presumably a slush fund for that activity. But a damaged station? At least trading for any profit should tank the economic status for the faction who owns the station.

EDIT: let's see a trade CG with an above average reward, but all goods have to be donated :D

Right, we need haulers to help the repair effort.
With a great deal of effort we managed to repair Ezra Point in 4 days, but there are 5 more stations to go.
Currently the main effort is concentrated on Karian Vision and to a lesser extent to Sherrill Orbital. As it stands, Karian would be more beneficial than Sherrill, but eventually all stations would have to be repaired

Karian needs a lot of resources from the bubble, so if you want to do some runs, maybe it would be better to fly the krait to bubble, switch to either Cutter or Conda and ferry some of the goods - think more than 100000t of Gallium is needed, plus some other stuff
Cutter will be able to ferry more goods but at around 50 jumps per round trip. Conda less goods, but also less jumps per round trip.
Look in the 2nd Galnet post (in game) - pick something someone wants (preferably Karian), then bring it. A somewhat easier to navigate list is updated daily https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vT19j48D86UjHbuZepUkEqiLk3Xfksfd4hWd32FCnWKhvTb1vt4Dfd5bc5vkV5FRXUD1O0unPKDb97b/pubhtml
Thanks for the update, folks!! I'll join the effort right away.

I've tried some suicidewindering from Jackrock to LHS 3447 and picking up my type 9 at Calor (an easy sidewinder jump away). Calor has a buncha Gallium. Alternatively, head towards WHN and find some a bit closer.

This only really works if you have (at least) 2 fully equipped T9s. To cut costs, remove the key parts in WHN (like engineered 6A FSD) and only ship those back. Buy a new T9 in Calor.

I'm not convinced it is better than just flying back, but I found flying an empty T9 back to the bubble was rather soul-destroying.

Ouch! :/

And that is why, if you're going to haul shieldless (and I do), you at minimum stuff the small slots with engineered hull and module reinforcements. I can say from experience that this is also quite helpful for whiffed landings at Jackrock!
My Cutter is shieldless but has Mirrored Surface Composite Armour, a HRP and a MRP. And chaff. And G5 dirty drives. It laughs at pirates as it runs away.

It can also survive bouncing quite hard off planets, as I've had occasion to demonstrate.

Another 696t of CMM dropped that didn’t register, damnit. 😡😭
How long did you wait before checking? It can take 10-20 minutes and a relog to appear in the station list.

I was going to work up a full CMM load but if your delivery did eventually register and other people are joining in it might not be wise to risk full loads at this point. I don't think there's anywhere else to offload CMM once Karian is fully stocked. Better at this point to bring it in in hundred unit lots along with other stuff.

TBF if we are after a profit we don’t have to get them from Jackrock, a mere 700 light years away they are around a third of the price.

I've tried some suicidewindering from Jackrock to LHS 3447 and picking up my type 9 at Calor (an easy sidewinder jump away). Calor has a buncha Gallium. Alternatively, head towards WHN and find some a bit closer.

This only really works if you have (at least) 2 fully equipped T9s. To cut costs, remove the key parts in WHN (like engineered 6A FSD) and only ship those back. Buy a new T9 in Calor.

I'm not convinced it is better than just flying back, but I found flying an empty T9 back to the bubble was rather soul-destroying.
Is there nothing at Jackrock worth hauling to the Bubble at the moment?

Obviously MA will have to wait until the barnacles ripen.

Is there nothing at Jackrock worth hauling to the Bubble at the moment?
Not sure. I don't really need credits with 600m+ in the bank. It's not about profit - more about speed and convenience. I'll maybe time a couple of runs this weekend and see how it compares flying back vs suicide and rebuild.

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

The Enclave is drawing to a close, but we wanted to give you a heads-up of what this means ahead of tomorrow's planned GalNet article. Starting from tomorrow (8 August), the following will occur:
  • In light of the outstanding efforts from all the commanders who contributed to this endeavor, the Superpowers will begin to colonise more systems in the region over the next few weeks.
  • A newly-appointed Engineer, Chloe Sedesi, will be located in the planetary port, Cinder Dock (in Witch Head Sector DL-Y d17). She will be offering upgrades on Frame Shift Drives and Thrusters. Just like the engineers in Colonia, Chloe's abilities to engineer modules will increase the more commanders employ her services.
  • A Tech Broker and a Material Trader will be bringing their services to the planetary ports in Bray Landing (Witch Head Sector LC-V c2-9) and Ratchet Hub (Witch Head Sector EB-X c1-7).
  • This concludes The Enclave and with it comes a new Tech Broker recipe. Commanders across the galaxy will be able to create a unique Thargoid Interceptor Bobblehead.

Last edited:
Wait............ why would anyone visit the new engineer if she just does what Palin does, but now what, three-four times as far away??? What???? I mean, the tech broker recipe might be cool, but otherwise this makes zero sense as any kind of reward. EDIT: ok her abilities increase, and the tech broker recipe IS the bobblehead lul

Last edited:
Not sure about Jackrock, but there are Missions and Refugee (passenger) missions beginning to appear in some bases - IIRC, Karian Vision has some.

Top Bottom