The Enclave - Overview of Phases

The Cutter does seem to get fewer Hyperdictions - probably difficult for the Thargoids to lock on as it slides sideways through hyperspace ;)
Wish I could say the same but once I enter WH I get hyperdicted almost every jump especially if im doing local runs, getting frustrating but could be worse my brother hasn't been hyperdicted anywhere since Thargs first showed up in game

Been disconnected from t'internets all day. Stuck in the middle of nowhere with IMs and Beryll which were supposed to be for Sherrill...
Blimey that was fast, yer buggers!
Just delivered them to Cann instead. Think I might switch to local hauling for a while...

It is quite possible the last time I was hyperdicted was in a Cobra III back in the 1980s playing the original game on my Spectrum 48K! certainly not happened in this version of the game.

With apologies to Unknown.

A knight of ghosts and shadows
I summon’d am to haulin
Light years beyond the wide bubble’s end-
Methinks it is no journey.

Looks like I got some of them cursed units, too. From 4 shipments of IM two have not been registered. Rather dispiriting.
The way I deal with this problem is by not checking if my deliveries registered. I just blindly deliver one haul after another. I think I'm much happier this way.

If the bug is more or less stable, it doesn't matter if our last delivery registered or not. It just means we have to deliver X% more cargo than stated. FDev could actually use this strategy to mitigate this bug (if they really can't fix it) by reducing the amounts needed for repairs by a percentage. But by how much? They could use OpIda's plentiful data to estimate that. How about that?

Anyone who isn't getting Hyperdictions - can you check your encounter stats - have you got a non-zero number for Thargoid Structure visits? I'm pretty sure we checked that before, but I can't remember. Trying to think what else it could be - similar ships, similar tasks, similar area 🤔
1565729697381.png

Edit: I've been getting most hyperdictions on a CMDR with only '1' in that field, so I think it unlikely 🤷‍♀️

The way I deal with this problem is by not checking if my deliveries registered. I just blindly deliver one haul after another. I think I'm much happier this way.

If the bug is more or less stable, it doesn't matter if our last delivery registered or not. It just means we have to deliver X% more cargo than stated. FDev could actually use this strategy to mitigate this bug (if they really can't fix it) by reducing the amounts needed for repairs by a percentage. But by how much? They could use OpIda's data to estimate that. How about that?
They should've used progress bars like in the CGs, very tiny ones without any measures, and there never would have been a bug ;)

Anyone who isn't getting Hyperdictions - can you check your encounter stats - have you got a non-zero number for Thargoid Structure visits?
Only 2 Hyperdictions ever - both on the 1st day the WH stations were placed / attacked. Thargoid Structures: 5. (Stats seem off, though. Total Encounters: 1; Total Interceptor Scans: 1 - I spent a few days in the Pleaides once upon a time dropping into Cyclops NHSSs, so those should be higher..?)

Anyone who isn't getting Hyperdictions - can you check your encounter stats - have you got a non-zero number for Thargoid Structure visits? I'm pretty sure we checked that before, but I can't remember. Trying to think what else it could be - similar ships, similar tasks, similar area 🤔View attachment 140193

Edit: I've been getting most hyperdictions on a CMDR with only '1' in that field, so I think it unlikely 🤷‍♀️
I got 0 structures - actually i don't even have that field.
Still got hyperdicted plenty in both T9 and Cutter

I am hyperdicted something about every 3rd jump within WH. Not that I care - the only problem may be when I have just vapours in the fuel tank. :p

I'd love to know if there is some in game trigger for it but if there is, I'm damned if i can work it out.
I've heard that you get dicted if you ever had any Thargoid commodity in your hold. In my case my hyperdictions started after I've had briefly Thargoid sensor in the hold. And the hold was in SRV - so I don't think that ship really matters. :p

I've heard that you get dicted if you ever had any Thargoid commodity in your hold. In my case my hyperdictions started after I've had briefly Thargoid sensor in the hold. And the hold was in SRV - so I don't think that ship really matters. :p
Hmm, yeah people say that having Thargoid stuff makes hyperdiction more likely (it doesn't seem to), and you're saying that's morphed into 'ever having'. Given that the first time you're likely to get a hyperdiction is in a Thargoid area, and you're likely in that area to gather Thargoid stuff for engineers then it's pretty weak - could just be 'when you go in a Thargoid area you get hyperdicted'. Though there does seem to be some trigger.

Should be testable now with the high levels of hyperdiction we're seeing in WH / Pleiades. It might be worth a CMDR reset and check, maybe when the next sale happens ...

Hmm, yeah people say that having Thargoid stuff makes hyperdiction more likely (it doesn't seem to), and you're saying that's morphed into 'ever having'. Given that the first time you're likely to get a hyperdiction is in a Thargoid area, and you're likely in that area to gather Thargoid stuff for engineers then it's pretty weak - could just be 'when you go in a Thargoid area you get hyperdicted'. Though there does seem to be some trigger.

Should be testable now with the high levels of hyperdiction we're seeing in WH / Pleiades. It might be worth a CMDR reset and check, maybe when the next sale happens ...
I have just started a second account in order to get a cutter for hauling in case my main account wants to go on an expedition or something. With luck I should get it tonight or tomorrow, and will be taking it down to Witch Head, so I am happy to test this if you like.

I have just started a second account in order to get a cutter for hauling in case my main account wants to go on an expedition or something. With luck I should get it tonight or tomorrow, and will be taking it down to Witch Head, so I am happy to test this if you like.
That would be cool - sadly I mess around with Thargoid stuff too much so I don;t think I have a clean CMDR - thx!

I've heard the story about "ever having" it in a hold on Malic's stream - and the guy ussually knows what he is talking about. And in my case it had checked out. A pal of mine from the squadron also flies in the WH - and he hasn't been dicted even once. Ever - but he has never had any goid commodity in the hold.

Top Bottom