The Enclave - Overview of Phases

I haven't even gathered sensors to unlock Palin or his new alt, so it should be interesting to see what happens, or doesn't. I'll keep you posted, it's going to take a day or two to finish grinding ranks and getting credits.

Last edited:
We can see what Pphree finds - if it's consistent we can find a Sensor and pass it around everyone who hasn't been hyperdicted - if they then start seeing hyperdictions then it'll be pretty conclusive. Science!
Optional internals maybe? Never used in trade Cutter/T-7, but I have a guardian fsd booster in my dolphin.

Anyone who isn't getting Hyperdictions - can you check your encounter stats - have you got a non-zero number for Thargoid Structure visits? I'm pretty sure we checked that before, but I can't remember. Trying to think what else it could be - similar ships, similar tasks, similar area 🤔View attachment 140193

Edit: I've been getting most hyperdictions on a CMDR with only '1' in that field, so I think it unlikely 🤷‍♀️
That screen just shows the 2 Thargoid wakes scanned for me, no other information there.

I'll be taking a guardian booster so we can test that as well.
I did 7 long-haul runs two days ago and another 4 today, all with Guardian FSD Booster. No hyperdiction, so that's probably not it. I never carried a whole sensor, only fragments. I've been hyperdicted only twice, the first one was weeks ago when doing rescue missions close to the Achenar system (I was actually doing a rank-up courier mission when it happened). The second time was during the initial WH conflict when changing systems to find a new AX conflict zone.

I did 7 long-haul runs two days ago and another 4 today, all with Guardian FSD Booster. No hyperdiction, so that's probably not it. I never carried a whole sensor, only fragments. I've been hyperdicted only twice, the first one was weeks ago when doing rescue missions close to the Achenar system (I was actually doing a rank-up courier mission when it happened). The second time was during the initial WH conflict when changing systems to find a new AX conflict zone.
I am as positive as I can be that having a guardian FSD booster makes zero difference to being hyperdicted. I expect it to make no difference at all but I may as well take it on a clean commander as I have not done that before, and because it will help get to WH a bit faster.

Hmm, yeah people say that having Thargoid stuff makes hyperdiction more likely (it doesn't seem to), and you're saying that's morphed into 'ever having'. Given that the first time you're likely to get a hyperdiction is in a Thargoid area, and you're likely in that area to gather Thargoid stuff for engineers then it's pretty weak - could just be 'when you go in a Thargoid area you get hyperdicted'. Though there does seem to be some trigger.

Should be testable now with the high levels of hyperdiction we're seeing in WH / Pleiades. It might be worth a CMDR reset and check, maybe when the next sale happens ...
This is a proposition I'd be willing to help test too! The commander I've got in the WHN:

• has shot and killed scouts
  • has fired on (but not killed) interceptors
  • has collected Thargoid materials (from scouts)
  • has collected MAs from barnacles
  • has collected Thargoid data
  • has visited Merope
  • has NOT collected Thargoid cargo (S/L/P)
  • has NOT visited a Thargoid surface structure
  • has never been hyperdicted anywhere
Now a hypothesis: Probability of hyperdiction is positively correlated with the number of Thargoid cargo a commander has ever handled.

Speculation: Hyperdiction was obviously added to the game before anyone had encountered a Thargoid, but after the then-Unknown Probes had been around for a while. To ensure that players interested in the alien storyline were the ones who encountered the aliens, the hypothesis statement was implemented. The developers have not revisited this code since then, so no other Thargoid interactions have been added to the hidden variable that tracks hyperdiction probability.

Sounds like the logical test would be for me to go acquire a few probes and see what happens. Alternately, I could visit a few sites without collecting any probes and see what happens.

Top Bottom