The Enclave - Overview of Phases

Meta-alloys did not go down or up in price yet there still hovering around 236K per unit....
So i did not lose any credits selling early...
Lets see if that still the case once phase 2 CG starts

Last edited:
Meta-alloys did not go down or up in price yet there still hovering around 236K per unit....
So i did not lose any credits selling early...
Lets see if that still the case once phase 2 CG starts
Yeah, I'm sitting at the Oracle with 20T of meta-alloys (a Dolphin can only hold so much ;) ), mainly just out of curiousity to see how this "scarcity" is going to work out. Wherever this so-called "shortage" was, it wasn't at any of the Thargoid sites I visited...

Are people really expecting Meta-alloys to skyrocket any more though? The price adjustment in meta-alloys is proportional to the change in price of Guardian items in the last CG, and well, meta-alloys are quite readily available from:
  • Barnacle Forests
  • Thargoid Structures
  • Witch Head/California Nebula
I'm highly skeptical they'll ever be VOipal-level prices.

the time remaining was in the CG text - which you could see all week.
Where/how do you see this "CG text" when you're in deep space exploring? The Galnet article simply said that it was from the 4th to the 10th, which any reasonable person would naturally interpret as being a week long when there were no times specified. Other than the Galnet article, I believe the only other way to access any in-game reference to the CG is to be docked at a station and access the mission board--which is something you can't do regularly when you're out in deep space exploring.

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello everyone,

Rest assured, Phase 2 is here! You can find the details below and in-game:

Phase 2 (July 11)

Alternative Source of Meta-Alloys Identified

The Witch Head Nebula has been confirmed as a primary source of meta-alloys, following an initiative hosted by Aegis Research. The news has triggered efforts to swiftly establish a human presence in the area.

Aegis Core released this statement from Professor Alba Tesreau:

“Having analysed large amounts of exploration data, graciously provided by the galactic community, we can confirm that the Witch Head Nebula contains enough barnacle sites to meet the demand for meta-alloys. I am confident that these sites will offer a suitable alternative to the exhausted barnacles in the Pleiades Nebula.”

The Alliance, Empire and Federation have already despatched advance teams to the region. Each superpower has asked the galactic community to support its respective initiative and help them establish megaships and Ocellus starports in the nebula.

With the Pleiades sources of meta-alloys now almost completely depleted, independent traders will play a key role in ensuring that this vital commodity remains available to humanity.

Pilots seeking to participate in any of the three initiatives will be able to find further information on the nearest mission board. The campaigns are expected to run between the 11th and 22nd of July 3305.

• As detailed above, the Alliance, Empire and Federation are seeking to make a claim in the Witch Head Nebula. Aid one, or all three, Superpowers in establishing megaships and starports in the region.
  • The success and tiers of each Community Goal will determine how many megaships and starports, of the respective Superpowers, will be established.
  • Each Community Goal will run from 11 - 22 July (eleven days!)

Where/how do you see this "CG text" when you're in deep space exploring? The Galnet article simply said that it was from the 4th to the 10th, which any reasonable person would naturally interpret as being a week long when there were no times specified. Other than the Galnet article, I believe the only other way to access any in-game reference to the CG is to be docked at a station and access the mission board--which is something you can't do regularly when you're out in deep space exploring.
Transaction tab - details of the mission. Or if you hadn't got the mission it was right at the top of the CG thread in the CG area of the forums. And all the CG have followed the same time constraints this year.

Well, Aegis is once again showing how competent they are. We've already known for quite a long time that there are barnacles around the Witch Head nebula.

On another note, with superpowers competing, wouldn't it have been better to include more than just a trade goal each? The battle for Lugh comes to mind.
At least it's good that these aren't mutually exclusive goals, so everyone is going to have some presence in the area.

Top Bottom