The Enclave - Overview of Phases

Also to add to what Ouberos has said, Klaxians and Oresrians are both mentioned in official Elite Dangerous lore, that being Premonition. It was written using lore provided by Frontier and published by Frontier, with the finale of its story being ingame. Naturally, it's still a secret to the general population in-universe which is why you won't see it spelled out on GalNet, which like the Codex is also an in-universe source of information.

However, the behavior of the Thargoids we see and the timeline of events does appear to back up the theory that we are currently seeing Oresrians. Klaxians would be far more indiscriminate whereas in all cases, the behavior of the Oresrians seems mostly reactive and controlled. Furthermore, there are some inconsistencies between what we see and the Guardian's description of the Thargoids, leading me to believe that those logs are evidence of the Klaxians. One GalNet article from the time even had a quote along the lines of "If the Thargoids adopt the same tactics as with the Guardians, their next move will be to start aggressively mining mineral resources. There is no evidence this has yet begun, however".

It never did happen, either. If there is no Oresrian/Klaxian split, Frontier would have no reason to add that quote to GalNet. Its purpose from the writer's perspective is clear - to highlight that there are differences between what the Guardians saw and what we see.

You use words like "clear" and talk about the Oresrians being in an official book, and while they are, the context is important, isn't it in the book as a "story" or "rumour" someone is telling?

It possible a lot of the speculations that've been made by folks are correct, or close to correct.

I'm just pointing out that they are still speculations (based on evidence, yes, but still)

You use words like "clear" and talk about the Oresrians being in an official book, and while they are, the context is important, isn't it in the book as a "story" or "rumour" someone is telling?

It's as confirmed as it can be. The Club have Salome captured and they basically do the good old "explain everything because there's no way they can possibly escape and we're about to kill them anyway" thing, right before she's rescued in a manner that can't really be staged from context. It's also backed up in other official novels from other authors where there is human-Thargoid cooperation due to the Klaxian threat. Pretty much everything breaks lorewise if it's not true somehow.

It's as confirmed as it can be. The Club have Salome captured and they basically do the good old "explain everything because there's no way they can possibly escape and we're about to kill them anyway" thing, right before she's rescued in a manner that can't really be staged from context. It's also backed up in other official novels from other authors where there is human-Thargoid cooperation due to the Klaxian threat. Pretty much everything breaks lorewise if it's not true somehow.

I'm sure all the players involved have spent much time and effort working it all out - but we have no clue what's been ret-conned or not, at least one of the writers has expressed their dismay at how the lore has been handled for instance.

Doubt we're going to agree on this anyway but once again, all I'm saying is, none of this is confirmed, it's some really cool and well done fan speculation based on what lore they can gather.

What I was mostly referring to originally, was this:

Concerned citizens have claimed Aegis is covertly experimenting on xeno DNA to attempt to replicate and/or fuse it with human DNA. Aegis has denied these claims as false and unproven.

I feel like this means that the "concerned citizens" are players, making claims, and Aegis denials are also made up by the players.

Unless there is an actual source for that - aside from a fan site? (I would love to be wrong)

10 June 3306: Unknown station $PortA_Gameplay:#index=1; in Jaralis

New content?
Edit: more like a bug, as Inara lists it with this name, too. Careful, not to get an "Orange Sidewinder" error there.

Last edited:
10 June 3306: Unknown station $PortA_Gameplay:#index=1; in Jaralis

New content?

Edit: more like a bug, as Inara lists it with this name, too. Careful, not to get an "Orange Sidewinder" error there.

Looks like it was Ratchet Hub. I wonder if the name is changed in the in-game interface too?

Looks like it was Ratchet Hub. I wonder if the name is changed in the in-game interface too?

It has no name now. 100% surely a bug.

Jaralis unnamed Port.jpg

I guess those AC donation missions i took and failed were too late. Will be heading back to the WH fairly soon, see if a few spanners can be thrown into a few works...

I for one sure don't want all the WH to be Alliance. I am not bothered about superpowers really, but too much of one thing is not good imo.
o7

Day two won - wasn't around to see if any feds were there, RL stuff... day three won - definitely didn't see feds.
I must say I'm disappointed. I mean, I saw this thread and was like "OOOOHHH CONFLICT!" Got all dressed up looking to kill some widdle feddies... I mean I was expecting at least SOME Fed Turnout. Guess Feds are only good at Guerilla warfare, solo/PG knocking down SOAR...

Day two won - wasn't around to see if any feds were there, RL stuff... day three won - definitely didn't see feds.
I must say I'm disappointed. I mean, I saw this thread and was like "OOOOHHH CONFLICT!" Got all dressed up looking to kill some widdle feddies... I mean I was expecting at least SOME Fed Turnout. Guess Feds are only good at Guerilla warfare, solo/PG knocking down SOAR...
Do you fly in open? Genuine question, because i don't think on PS i have ever seen an Alliance CMDR in open in the WH🤷‍♂️
I take it from your post you do, if there are any PS guys in your squad could you ask them to stop hiding please👍
Should be back roughly early next week.
I don't really care about superpowers btw, i am certainly not a Fed/Imp/All pilot, if it was all fed or all imp in the WH i would also think roughly, "that sucks"...
o7

PC Open here, though even on PS you will be able to see my presence in the system (Carrier). Our PS Group are fighting another conflict (also against the feds as it happens).

I'm still disappointed in the lack of Feds overall. Came for a good scrap. o7.

Surprised? Why would the average player who sympathizes with the Federation make the trip out there to participate in another futile endeavor? Maybe they were currently fighting somewhere else, because the Federation is constantly under attack from all sides. You may have heard of that independent faction that's currently trying to take over systems all the way to Sol for example.

Last edited:
I can offer relatively little sympathy there, as the Alliance also tends to be fire fighting a fair bit. I suspect that everyone really is under attack from all sides to a greater or lesser degree. Still, the last holdout of witch space, in lore terms, the only reliable source of meta alloys (mined for stations etc) would, at least I would think, be a supremely valid reason for many commanders to want to ensure the system belongs to their superpower of choice... The promise of players fighting in conflict zones, at least to me, is the cherry on top.

Trying to steer clear of real world politics, but it's basically as if someone found a massive source of oil, in an exploitable area and the EU just got all of it, no chance for China or the US to get any.

That's why I would think there'd be more Fed activity there. That's why I am surprised, and a little disappointed.

I personally don't think that the Alliance's situation is comparable to the Federation.

And regarding meta alloys: How important are they, really? How often does a player really need those and difference does it make the station's label says Alliance, Federation or Empire? I'm not surprised at all that the average CMDR doesn't care about that.

From a player perspective - yeah people don't care about meta alloys.
From a lore/BGS/game political perspective, they are potentially quite huge.

If you've ever seen Avatar, compare it to the Unobtainium. You don't see what it does, only that it's precious. (it's used to fix stations, but whatever).
I do get your point of view. But I am still surprised that the entire federation seem to share it.

I know what you mean. MAs should be huge deal. Maybe at some point next year FD will try to resurrect lore, but it's been dead for a long time now.

Top Bottom