The Enclave - Overview of Phases

Unless the progress bars aren't totally off scale, federation and empire are already halfway there after a single weekend. These two might finish early, and next weekend everyone can help push the alliance one through. If you don't fear a little cruise that is.
If I can get my Empire rank to Duke before the CG is up (I'm at 10% Marquis now) I'll head out there in my brand new Cutter :)

I looked up the numbers (posted elsewhere), Empire and Federation are at 6M+ from 14M so not at 50% yet. But timewise we are at 40% so if they it keep up they should manage tier 6.

Alliance - 37% completion (just reached Tier 4)
Empire - 53% completion (Closing on Tier 5)
Feds - 54% completion (Closing on Tier 5)

There are very good chances that both Feds and Imps will reach Tier 6

I must admit I would have delivered more if I wouldn't fight random NPC pilots.

And by the way
@NPC pirates in Mamba and FDL: If you start running when the police appears you should not attack a Cutter in a high security system.
@the rest of the NPC pirates: Thanks to you I am 3% closer to deadly. :p

I must admit I would have delivered more if I wouldn't fight random NPC pilots.

And by the way
@NPC pirates in Mamba and FDL: If you start running when the police appears you should not attack a Cutter in a high security system.
@the rest of the NPC pirates: Thanks to you I am 3% closer to deadly. :p
Ha, yes. They don't take into consideration that my Cutter can also keep up pace with them as they run. They never make the jump while moving in a straight line with a 2600t beast right behind them all guns blazing.

I gotta say, while the alliance supercruise distance is needlessly brutal, everyone i've run into at Judson has been super friendly. The sense of camaraderie in chat while hauling for the underdog is pretty nice. I wonder if all the rif-raf will come in when the fed and imp goals get completed.

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
Mid-Phase Development! (July 18)
Thargoids Return to Pleiades Nebula

The Thargoids have returned to the Pleiades Nebula in large numbers, with several conflicts reported within hours.

Professor Alba Tesreau gave an update on behalf of Aegis Research:

“The Thargoid forces that recently withdrew from the core systems have resurfaced in the Pleiades Nebula following a brief disappearance. An initial analysis of their movements suggests a subtle change to their tactics. I believe they are seeking to reassert themselves in their original nexus.”

“A considerable number of Thargoid craft have gathered in the Maia system. With the Palin Research Centre facing an imminent attack, the decision was made to evacuate Professor Palin and his staff, thereby protecting a number of vital research projects. All work at Palin Research Centre has been suspended.”

“Regrettably, however, a transmission from Palin’s megaship, Carson's Spring, indicates that it was assaulted by Thargoid vessels shortly after departure. With system security forces already under pressure, we urge independent pilots to head to Maia and protect Carson’s Spring.”

• Thargoids have been sighted in the Pleiades Nebula, with several Thargoid scouts recently being sighted close to Professor Palin's base in the Maia system.
  • Out of concern for Professor Palin's safety, a megaship has been dispatched to safely transport him to the Arque system.
  • The megaship, Carson's Spring, can be found in the Maia system.
  • As the Professor's retreat takes place, Commanders will be unable to engineer at the Palin Research Centre.
  • Please be aware that the no fire zones are still in effect near Palin's Research Centre and the Carson's Spring megaship. We expect these security systems to be deactivated by 18 July, 16:00 UTC, fines will no longer be issued for fighting in these areas.

Last edited:

The Thargoids have returned to the Pleiades Nebula in large numbers, with several conflicts reported within hours.

“The Thargoid forces that recently withdrew from the core systems have resurfaced in the Pleiades Nebula following a brief disappearance. An initial analysis of their movements suggests a subtle change to their tactics. I believe they are seeking to reassert themselves in their original nexus.”

“A considerable number of Thargoid craft have gathered in the Maia system. With the Palin Research Centre facing an imminent attack, the decision was made to evacuate Professor Palin and his staff, thereby protecting a number of vital research projects. All work at Palin Research Centre has been suspended.”

“Regrettably, however, a transmission from Palin’s megaship, Carson's Spring, indicates that it was assaulted by Thargoid vessels shortly after departure. With system security forces already under pressure, we urge independent pilots to head to Maia and protect Carson’s Spring.”

• Thargoids have been sighted in the Pleiades Nebula, with several Thargoid scouts recently being sighted close to Professor Palin's base in the Maia system.
  • Out of concern for Professor Palin's safety, a megaship has been dispatched to safely transport him to the Arque system.
  • As the Professor's retreat takes place, Commanders will be unable to engineer at the Palin Research Centre.
  • Please be aware that the no fire zones are still in effect near Palin's Research Center and the Carson's Spring megaship. We expect these security systems to be deactivated by 16:00 UTC, fines will no longer be issued for fighting in these areas.
More crazy stuff please! Keep this river of uncertainty going because its suddenly made it interesting!

So is this all Thargoid vessels or just scouts or what? Won't be able to load up until tomorrow.
With any luck this might a mean some engineering blue prints for either the original AX weapons or some Guardian weapons.

There is also another Sanchez Class Science Vessel next to Maia A4 that needs evacuation assistance (SAM-197).

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

• Please be aware that the no fire zones are still in effect near Palin's Research Centre and the Carson's Spring megaship. We expect these security systems to be deactivated by 18 July, 16:00 UTC, fines will no longer be issued for fighting in these areas.
NICE! I must say the reaction time from FDEV to the slight problems with this II is really impressive (talking about Alliance station distance and No Fire Zones).

Keep up the good job FDEV :)

Now, this time I really enjoy the evolving plot. The team has done it right. There was some GalNet teasers, drama has built up on the Forum. Poeple have spotted the new content ingame and everything is really exciting for me. Some bugs can't bring my enjoyment down. That's just SNAFU as usual to be expected. And bug-cleansing was really fast. Cheers Frontier-Team!

Now, this time I really enjoy the evolving plot. The team has done it right. There was some GalNet teasers, drama has built up on the Forum. Poeple have spotted the new content ingame and everything is really exciting for me. Some bugs can't bring my enjoyment down. That's just SNAFU as usual to be expected. And bug-cleansing was really fast. Cheers Frontier-Team!
And what plot would that be exactly? Carson megaship has absolutely nothing to offer apart from some war scars. Ship uplink log is dead and gives no lore, sometimes Thargoids randomly show up and you can shoot at them. It's pants.

Isn't there a scenario supposed to spawn?

I have fun doing the evacuation scenario at the science vessel nest to planet A4, as detailed a few posts above. Not sure if this is also part of the Initiative or something older, but hell, it's good stuff.

Top Bottom