The Enclave - Overview of Phases

I guess no CG = No rewards - which will put some off. Like the lack of a shipyard :)

Edit: I'm about to fly a 3rd alt out there, to try a different build, the travel isn't that far

Yeah, I don't mind this not being a CG. We still have a clear goal (destroy Thargoids), a way to see our progress (remaining Thargoid presence), and real consequences for failing/succeeding.

I'm having fun shooting Thargoids with my somewhat underequipped Krait mk II, protecting the Alliance system. I hope to see some of you there. o7
And not being a CG makes it more fluid and natural. I'm not really a fan of the "We've sat down at the negotiation table with the Thargoids and have agreed to battle for exactly one week. If we kill enough of them in that week, the Thargoids have agreed to withdrawal" gameplay mechanic of a CG.

I guess no CG = No rewards - which will put some off. Like the lack of a shipyard :)

Edit: I'm about to fly a 3rd alt out there, to try a different build, the travel isn't that far
I got no problem with that :)

Off-topic slightly...
The whole CG-wrappings which usually come with Conflict-Zone CGs are an utter plague because it totally prejudices the outcome, and not just because progress is visible/motivation of credits. Would be much better if they just used the actual BGS conflict mechanics which take all contributions to winning the war, be they missions, scenarios, winning CZs or handing in bonds, rather than using a CG to measure just bond submissions.

Refreshing to see FD actually using the mechanics they've developed to drive the II activities, just like rescuing Palin which had no CG wrapped around it, instead relying on scenarios/megaship interactions.

Is the reward that important?
For many, credits seem to be their only measure of success :confused:

Well, rescuing Palin with a week-long CG does sound a bit stupid.

"He was in mortal danger a week ago, what is the actual situation?"
"He is still in mortal danger."

Yet it's the first time such an activity related to an ongoing story has been done outside of a CG :)

AFAIK he settled down in Arque this Monday and leads a happy life in the bubble again. Or did I miss something?

O7,
🙃

Refreshing to see FD actually using the mechanics they've developed to drive the II activities, just like rescuing Palin which had no CG wrapped around it, instead relying on scenarios/megaship interactions.
Indeed, so far this II is doing a great job of mixing up the available mechanics. The difference from Bridging the Gap is so striking, I'm tempted to say that first one was intended as the "tutorial mission" of IIs.

Just tried to dock with Karian Vision and it just speeds off into the distance, my ship is unable to catch up with it... it's like there is some magnetic repulsion or some sort of ''pressor'' field in operation..... gah!

Indeed, so far this II is doing a great job of mixing up the available mechanics. The difference from Bridging the Gap is so striking, I'm tempted to say that first one was intended as the "tutorial mission" of IIs.
Frontier will also be learning as they go along, too.

Going way back, the really early CGs were quite a mix of things which worked and things which didn't - it took a while for them to settle down into a reliable structure.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

We wanted to take a moment to summarise a couple of issues that have arisen throughout the day in regards to The Enclave.

Earlier in the day you may have noticed that the rescue ships were stuck inside planets. This has now been fully resolved and shouldn’t be causing you any more trouble.

We’ve also received reports that the axis/orbit of the rescue ships is slightly off and causing trouble with docking. We’ve deployed a fix for this issue which is currently being applied to all Elite Dangerous servers. Should you continue to experience errors, please check back at the ship later and this should be resolved.

Thank you all for your vigilance and quick reporting, and should you come across any further issues, please do let us know via our Issue Tracker!

The drifting station was kinda cool from the outside - I even enjoyed getting through a "sliding" mailslot! Once inside, it was no longer fun, rather I felt like a cat tumbling around in a clothes dryer. :EEK:

Still, there are some bugs that I'm actually glad to witnessed for myself, the adrift station being one of them!

Just tried to dock with Karian Vision and it just speeds off into the distance, my ship is unable to catch up with it... it's like there is some magnetic repulsion or some sort of ''pressor'' field in operation..... gah!
Yipes. I didn't try docking with it I supposed, but nothing took off on me. Maybe it was after they fixed it.

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Frontier
An Exceptional Reward

Greetings Commanders,

We here at the Pilots Federation are particularly impressed by news of your performance in the Witch Head Nebula, in the face of the Thargoid threat. As an exceptional reward for this effort, the Alliance has established a fledgling colony in Witch Head Sector LC-V c2-10. A planetary port called ‘Jackrock Outpost’ on Witch Head Sector LC-V c2-10 A 1 is now available, and equipped with a shipyard, capable of ship transfers.

Thargoids are still present in the area, so please do head out there and do your part!

(Please restart your game client for this port to appear.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom