The Enclave - Overview of Phases

On an aside, by all reports (on EDDB) CD-51 881 has a "good" supply of CMM Composite; 1,000 units at a time. Only 800LY away, when most places are 650-700LY away... could be worth it?

EDIT: Or couldn't.... base is 250k LS away :(

Last edited:
OpIDA's Journey Calculator tells me my hauling Cutter (696t with C6 fuel scoop) would be more efficient than modifying the Jumpaconda (less cargo, longer range). 18 laden jumps from Pleiades in the Cutter. Ouch.

Going to wait for Will's update to this thread before I do anything, though. Part of me is hoping FDev will provide more of an incentive | reward than the warm glow of a job well done before I start schlepping cargo that far.

Looking forward to reports of those Natural Fabric and Robotics Mining Hotspots - no wonder we decided to create the enclave ;)
Ha. Edited my posted before I saw you posted this...
Not sure whether there'll be any local mineable resources, but will have look anyway.
I did see a planet with a corduroy ring - that may be useful... ;)

I'm considering buying a second T9 but wondering if it's overkill...

So, fly a load out to WHN in 1st T9.
Suicidewinder back to bubble.
Go back to home system (hauler taxi?) & recall T9 #1.
Fly 2nd T9 out to WHN.
???
Profit.

Is there a better, more sensible, less self destructive way to do it?

Is there a better, more sensible, less self destructive way to do it?
Get a T-9 and a super-fast DBX or similar.
1) Load up T-9, fly it out.
2) Transfer DBX to Jackrock
3) Fly DBX back quickly
4) Transfer T-9 to your next outbound haul station and repeat
Not quite as quick, because you'll be waiting for transfers on both ends, but cheaper.

EDIT: if you were only planning to do a trip a day and had two super-fast ships available, then you could avoid having to personally wait for the transfers, by swapping the superfast ships over so you always had one at Jackrock, and scheduling the T-9 return for when you weren't in-game.

Does Witch Head have its own detention centres for each superpower yet? If not, then:
1) Load up, fly out, sell cargo.
2) Commit crime (a long-range 5 laser can be good for committing a crime without being in range of the return fire, then hop to supercruise and back to reset hostility)
3) Dock (you can stealth-dock a T-9 without being scanned, right?) and hand yourself in for a teleport to the chosen power's appropriate detention centre (which I think are all going to be in the bubble) to skip the return trip for a tiny fee.

Last edited:
Get a T-9 and a super-fast DBX or similar.
1) Load up T-9, fly it out.
2) Transfer DBX to Jackrock
3) Fly DBX back quickly
4) Transfer T-9 to your next outbound haul station and repeat
Not quite as quick, because you'll be waiting for transfers on both ends, but cheaper.

EDIT: if you were only planning to do a trip a day and had two super-fast ships available, then you could avoid having to personally wait for the transfers, by swapping the superfast ships over so you always had one at Jackrock, and scheduling the T-9 return for when you weren't in-game.

Does Witch Head have its own detention centres for each superpower yet? If not, then:
1) Load up, fly out, sell cargo.
2) Commit crime (a long-range 5 laser can be good for committing a crime without being in range of the return fire, then hop to supercruise and back to reset hostility)
3) Dock (you can stealth-dock a T-9 without being scanned, right?) and hand yourself in for a teleport to the chosen power's appropriate detention centre (which I think are all going to be in the bubble) to skip the return trip for a tiny fee.
IIRC there is a detention centre out by the California Nebula which might well be closer than the one next door to Maia.

Two freighters and two taxis, summon taxis from the bubble and fly them to the bubble to get to the freighters fly freighters to Witch Head and summon back to the bubble

IIRC there is a detention centre out by the California Nebula which might well be closer than the one next door to Maia.
California is further from Witch Head than Witch Head is from the bubble, though yes, the Pleiades one is closest. However, they're all Independent detention centres, so if you hand yourself in to a superpower authority - conveniently, that's what Witch Head has - you should end up at the nearest superpower-aligned detention centre (Federal looks more convenient for this)

Welp, on the case, shuttling between Jackrock & Karian Vision.

Worth noting for anyone else hauling: OpIDA have previously reported mysteriously disappearing deliveries to repaired stations (as in, not all the tonnage delivered counts towards the repair requirement). IIRC, this happens most often in Open & least in Solo, so... fly Solo for best results, CMDRs...

Well if the CG is to haul cargo to repair stations, I'll probably use my Orca (it has great jump range and is fun to fly) to make a couple runs. It'll be nothing compared to you dedicated T9 truckers, but ever little bit helps! I've adopted a specific station back when I was running rescue missions, so I'll focus on that one.

Many hands (ships) make light work.

Will Flanagan

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello folks,

We've updated the OP with the following information from this week's GalNet articles:
A New Home for Professor Palin

The engineer Professor Ishmael Palin has established a permanent base of operations in the Arque system.

Aegis Research confirmed the news with a statement from Professor Alba Tesreau:

“Having fled the Maia system, Professor Palin and his staff have installed their equipment at the planetary port Abel Laboratory on Arque 4 E.”

“All of the engineering services previously offered by Professor Palin are now available at his new location. His study of meta-alloys and other Thargoid-related materials has also resumed.”

“The megaship Carson’s Spring, which facilitated an emergency evacuation of the Palin Research Centre, has left the Arque system to resume other duties.”

Enclave Established in Witch Head Nebula

Recent reports from the Witch Head Nebula indicate that the Thargoid forces in the region have been defeated. The initial call to arms from Aegis Research was met with an overwhelming response from independent pilots, who were able to push back Thargoid incursions from the new human colonies.

Admiral Aden Tanner, chief military liaison for Aegis, said:

“Humanity has achieved a decisive victory in the Witch Head Nebula. Significant numbers of Thargoid vessels were destroyed in the conflict, even as many independent pilots were lost. But the sacrifice of these brave souls was not in vain, for the enemy has been forced to withdraw.”

“While the threat of occasional incursions from Thargoid craft remains, our colonial assets have been firmly established in the region.”

Professor Alba Tesreau of Aegis Research looked to the future:

“The Alliance, Empire and Federation have declared that the Witch Head Nebula is now an official enclave of humanity – a region that their joint efforts have enabled them to share equally.”

“But the damage inflicted on our new starports must be repaired before we can harvest the barnacle sites in the area. Independent pilots have already given so much, and for that I am humbled and thankful. And yet, we must ask for one last favour: to support the repair of these starports.”

• As detailed in recent GalNet news. Professor Palin has safely arrived in the Arque system and is resuming engineering services at Abel Laboratory on Arque 4 E.
  • All modules that they stored at Palin's Research Centre have been transferred over to Palins new location at Abel Lab
  • Along with the Galactic Community's assistance, the Superpowers have successfully pushed back the Thargoid threat from the Witch Head Nebula, resulting in the region being declared as an official human colony. However, before starports can become fully operational, they must be repaired.

Tangentially, any thoughts on this T9 loadout for runs out and back?

Saves time having to scoop fuel, and should hit most cargo destinations without issue (Coz, if you're going to have to fit a scoop anyway...)

Top Bottom