General / Off-Topic The end of the snow day?

When i was a kid, it didnt happen often but every now and then rarely the school would be closed.......... This would be a day of great excitement and i would get to play with my friends in the snow. its not like it happens a lot in England.
Now I get that in Scotland the attidude may be different as they get a lot more snow............. but this morning our 6 year olds school mailed out that it was closed.....
That is ok, my wife and i discussed it and it is her turn to take the day off for child care. She was planning a day of snow men, snowball fights and cookie baking...... and the school has just messaged out that all the days lessons which were planned are now online with a link to them.
Over covid where it was a prolonged period this was fantastic, and very important. Maybe i am living in the past, but, for primary school kids at least, can they not just have a snow day?
sorry ramble over. (For now at least we have made the executive decision to ignore the class message and he is out making a snow man).

PS would you believe the image below was taken at almost midnight? always amazes me how much light snow reflects.

Attachments

• IMG_20221211_235521014.jpg
    IMG_20221211_235521014.jpg
    992.1 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom