the engineered guardian gauss speculation thread

sooooo

Untitled.jpg

Any speculation on its stats?!

in case you all forgot...
o ma gosh.jpg
here is the stats the engineered guardian shard cannon got

Now... I don't wanna start a hype but... if this engineered gauss with capacity and burst fire is even half as crazily engineered...
and lets not forget these guardian weapons are good for thargoids and human hunting

SO?!
what you think?
what will be the heat on this gauss?
what will be the burst damage?
will a size 7 power distributor be able to handle firing it?

Totally missed the salvation message when I checked in game. Thx for the post. Though based on the info I'm guessing either a guardian module engineer is on its way or engineered modules will be available soon to purchase.

How do you get involved in this un? Jus log in and get the ol message?

Probly not gonna be able to play till just before the 23rd... I guess I'll be waiting for the engineered gauss to come out on the tech broker... :(

Not everybody got the message from Salvation. If you read the link to the AXI wiki I posted above, it contains in essence everything that we know so far.

Zac has mentioned on AXI discord that you do not need to have received the message in order to participate, that the idea is that the reward will be available long-term, but that he suggests we participate if we are interested.

so word through the grape vine says that frontier has "listened to player feedback" regarding the guardian gauss...
which... if we assume... means they have nerfed it even before we got it.
so gauss I will be sticking to the shard gun

so word through the grape vine says that frontier has "listened to player feedback" regarding the guardian gauss...
which... if we assume... means they have nerfed it even before we got it.
so gauss I will be sticking to the shard gun
How did people give feedback on something they hadn't released the stats for?

Okay so I am throwing a bit of a tantrum about something I heard from someone.
Maybe I am just throwing a tantrum.
and hey. even if its in a terrible state it still will have better stats than a standard gauss!
so no need to get into a twist and throwing a tantrum.

So lets theorise... by the looks of things the gauss is getting increased ammo mod and double shot?

fragment double shot stats are
Burst rate of fire
+1400%
Maximum range
-10%
Burst size
+2
Clip size
+6
and increased ammo cap is
Clip size
+100%
Power draw
+20%
Ammo capacity
+100%
Rate of fire
+10%
Mass
+60%

so might be looking at a... and this is a wild guess... a 2 shot burst weapon with 6 rounds in the clip with 160 ammo
Most likely with double the power draw and mass
and half the range.

its 3am Thursday 23rd of September... closing in on 4am Thursday 23rd of September...
do I get a gauss now?
OWO
sorry I am being a pain XD

sooooo

View attachment 262916

Any speculation on its stats?!

in case you all forgot...
View attachment 262917
here is the stats the engineered guardian shard cannon got

Now... I don't wanna start a hype but... if this engineered gauss with capacity and burst fire is even half as crazily engineered...
and lets not forget these guardian weapons are good for thargoids and human hunting

SO?!
what you think?
what will be the heat on this gauss?
what will be the burst damage?
will a size 7 power distributor be able to handle firing it?
Will a size 7 PD be able to handle it? Most definitely yes.

The heat output is going to be an issue. Normal gauss cannons put out tons of heat and this one will generate about 3 times that. I wouldn't recomend using more than one at a time. The engineered shard cannon would be more useful IMO as it removes the primary weaknesses of the normal shard cannon (its range and piercing power.) While maintaining a relatively low heat output compared to the gauss.

Top Bottom