[DW2] The Event Horizon Science Relay & The DSSV Distant Worlds

Ooh, very nice! I was expecting just a static megaship. This is a nifty way to highlight some of the local sights, since the devs seem not to want to scatter too many tourist beacons in the area.

They said it wouldn't be, but I'd imagine someone will be by to check soon enough. FWIW, EDDB and Inara don't know about it yet, which does suggest non-dockable.

I just checked on my way back to Explorer's Anchorage, it is NOT Dockable. It does make for a good photo op though.
For anyone that cares it is classified as a Bennet class mega ship.

Deployed 28th of June? That was the day when I was killed in front of this installation … coming in from the void, without docking at EA first. * sigh *
I've played in open and don't know if it was another human or if it was the AI. But the station itself was also attacked.

This is awesome!!
is this open to all players or only DW2 participants??
Yes, open to everyone! Explorer's Anchorage, the Event Horizon Science Relay and the DSSV Distant Worlds megaship was just dedicated to all the DW2 participants as we were the ones that helped build it :)

Last edited:
ok I totally misunderstood the post, I thought the megaship was dockable and you could travel with it. lol
Its a shame FDev can't create something using these assets, maybe giving out missions to scan the local area or whatever, some kind of interaction and gameplay associated would be awesome.

Last edited:
Event Horizon, hmm, well here's hoping it doesn't vanish without a trace.....ziiing!
I'm liking the galactic ferries that are being added in the game, great Idea and godspeed!

As luck would have it, I'm docked at Explorer's Anchorage right now, and have been for over a week. On the way back from Beagle's Point, I had a quest: To be the first to claim a Wolf–Rayet star. I succeeded, but after that, I was space-sick and needed to take a break from ED. This news makes me want to fly in the black again.

Happened upon DSSV Distant Worlds tonight (Myriesly CL-P E5-7383), haven’t found anything to scan — does anyone know if there is anything to scan?

Sounds cool enough, but maybe I'm just slow or my dislexia gets the best of me. Based on what I'm reading I headed over to Jocelyns star but she no there. Back to Anchorage and Sag A but all I could find is the relay science station. Is there not an active by date itinerary showing 'live' where this ship is? Thought scanning everything would pop up on the grid but nyet.

Damn.. I am making the voyage there for nothing.. I thought it was dockable as well????
I must have missed the fact that you can't dock at this bulbis waste of time

Always worth reading the thread - not like this is a huge thread after all ;)

They said it wouldn't be, but I'd imagine someone will be by to check soon enough. FWIW, EDDB and Inara don't know about it yet, which does suggest non-dockable.
I just checked on my way back to Explorer's Anchorage, it is NOT Dockable.

Top Bottom