General / Off-Topic The Expanse

I must rewatch Altered Carbon. Again this didn't grip me at all on reading it many years ago. The series I was a bit lukewarm about but its definitely worth a rewatch to see if I change the opinion.

As an aside I'd love to see Peter F Hamiltons Nights Dawn trilogy made into a series.

True. Like Altered Carbon. The show is amazing, and the book (only done the first one so far) is great too, but a bit hard to follow at times, I think.
The Netflix adaptation of Altered Carbon looks good, but butchered the source material ie the original Takeshi Kovacs novels and doesn't work as well as the original books do. For example in the books The Envoys are not a product of the Quellists but are in fact the UN's ultimate shock troops and are feared throughout the Protectorate.

The difference with Alltered Carbon and the The Expanse books and tv show and is the authors Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham are very hands-on with the show's writing and production. I don't think the author of Altered Carbon, RIchard Morgan, was as involved with the Netflix adaptation and its actually the work of its show runner Laeta Kalogridis.

Top Bottom