The First Great Planetary Expedition

I'm actually looking for something quite specific. Nope, not crashed ships (although this makes a change from the DBX's which seem to fall out of the skies with alarming regularity).

E80Fbeh.jpg

Also, is it just me or has that dude's toilet seat coming flying out of his cockpit and landed, rather embarrassingly, right there on the ground in front of his ship!
[/SPOILER]
Looks like Lakon might want to issue a recall !

OK, Alec, This has got to stop !!!! Your like a virus with no cure. The infection rate is really high and survival rates are probably close to zero. Bad enuff I am infected with Circumnavasclerosis but now I am going to have to learn SRV Sand Writing. Flyvalysis is probably the worst, I have junk yard full of SRV's do to that condition. I mean You could have included a warning label to your sign up sheet about how this may affect the Commander and his family but you had zero concern and no regard for others. I am warning the CDC about you hopefully they broadcast a Galaxy wide warning to all so they at least have some idea of the risks involved With luck they may even find a cure but I don't hold much hope for that.

Anyways well done, I had much more fun than I expected and will probably do a few more of these on my own or in a group like we just did. In fact If someone wants some company just send me a message here or in game and I would be honored to spend an hour or two trying to keep up with you.

This is supposed to be a SPACE game ..lol
Caliber

OK, Alec, This has got to stop !!!! Your like a virus with no cure. The infection rate is really high and survival rates are probably close to zero. Bad enuff I am infected with Circumnavasclerosis but now I am going to have to learn SRV Sand Writing.

This is supposed to be a SPACE game ..lol
Caliber
ROFL - and dont't forget, there's The Pomeche Ridge Challenge and I haven't even mentioned riding on the backs of Thargoids yet! 🤪

Rick6549 and I met up and took the drive to Lithops Mesa. Had a blast with some amazing fly-by's offset with Apasam in the background. Then as we got closer to the edge of the plateau, I managed to stop whilst Rick passed me like a rocket and not seeing the edge in time was forced into base jumping off into the inky blackness. It was one of those moments where I was :ROFLMAO: then as he flew down into the depths it was :eek:. Anyway, it was a blast. Took a few screenies as well....

Last edited:
@Haden Jett
I wondered where you were when you popped up in my Cmdr history.
I was close by:

So, Jonas is now a few jumps away from Beagle Point on his way back to the bubble. A thought struck me. Why not do a circumnavigation here? Maybe even circumnavigate Beagle Point? If I remember correctly it has a radius of 1080 km. That would work out as a circumnavigation of just shy of 7000 km. Quite a commitment, so I'm having a think about it. Also, I only have 2 SRV's with me so the margin for error is small as there would be no way to restock.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:....

So, Jonas is now a few jumps away from Beagle Point on his way back to the bubble. A thought struck me. Why not do a circumnavigation here? Maybe even circumnavigate Beagle Point? If I remember correctly it has a radius of 1080 km. That would work out as a circumnavigation of just shy of 7000 km. Quite a commitment, so I'm having a think about it. Also, I only have 2 SRV's with me so the margin for error is small as there would be no way to restock.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:....

I'm still on my way to Beagle Point on my alt account. More accurately, I've stalled just outside the core as I got sidetracked by Kumay. :) My next step is Explorer's Anchorage (where @Nick Sticks may still be with one of his accounts?), followed by an ELW I found on an earlier journey (that I tagged, and now want to complete with my alt), followed by Beagle Point. Funnily enough, the lure of a circumnavigation at the end of all that jumping is likely to motivate me much more...

Funnily enough, the lure of a circumnavigation at the end of all that jumping is likely to motivate me much more...

Absolutely!

I will jump back to BP and see what planet 2 (the official endpoint of the DW expeditions) is like. Did not pay much attention to it other than finding "Legacy Crater" where one is supposed to land to complete the DW expedition...

Absolutely!

I will jump back to BP and see what planet 2 (the official endpoint of the DW expeditions) is like. Did not pay much attention to it other than finding "Legacy Crater" where one is supposed to land to complete the DW expedition...

Ok, in which case I'll load up my alt account tonight and get it over to Explorer's Anchorage, then to the ELW if I have time. It'll take me a week to get out to BP, I should think, as I'll need to take some SRV breaks on my main account! It will also allow me to actually complete DW2, which is an added bonus. :D

It'll take me a week to get out to BP, I should think, as I'll need to take some SRV breaks on my main account! It will also allow me to actually complete DW2, which is an added bonus. :D

Brilliant. I'll wait for you there 🖖. I did EA to BP in about a week. Second bonus: if you finish DW2 before the 13th of June and fill in the arrival form from the DW2 organizers, you get a Frontier approved decal for your ship 😎

In case this is your first BP trip (it was mine), and you decide to plot a more or less direct line from EA, you will encounter two permit locked areas. These areas will eventually cause a fail in the route plotting. So you either need to go below or above the plane. I went below (iirc 500LY should do the trick). Good luck!

See here for DW2 arrival form and claim the decal, should you not know about this (I filled this in and got my decal code for the Frontier store within three days):

Second bonus: if you finish DW2 before the 13th of June and fill in the arrival form from the DW2 organizers, you get a Frontier approved decal for your ship

Funnily enough, I checked all that out earlier when I'd decided it was time to move my alt (and confirmed that I had registered at the start of DW2). :) I'm hoping to be there much earlier than that, as I doubt I'll do any sight-seeing on the way (because if I start doing that, I won't arrive for another year!).

After EA, I'll probably drop down to the level of the neutron star fields and head out through that. I've never made it to Beagle Point, last time I turned back because Engineers were introduced (I was on the far side of the galactic core at the time).

Maybe we could get one of those for Kumay Expedition?
I would love to plaster something appropriate on my SRV.
Me too.

Still making progress, had a silly idea and spent more time than I meant trying to jump from the lip to land on the nose of the dewdrop crater bump. Had a good enough go which I'll upload when I can.
Best effort flyving now to make progress, currently 5 degrees off the south pole. I miss driving in the daylight.

Maybe we could get one of those for Kumay Expedition?

That would need involvement from Frontier. Doable but, well... you know... difficult. I guess Frontier weighs the effort of design, redeem codes generation and emailing versus the number of players involved. DW2 was huge in player numbers. But again, you never know. A starting point might be to give Paige Harvey a ping? She seems very approachable and is if I'm not mistaking, a member of our Discord. In the end... if DW2 then why not FGPE?

Top Bottom