The First Great Planetary Expedition

I was going to speed travel their and not honk or explore at all but that just is not in my makeup.
That's my plan too. I've mainly stuck to it. I have had to FSS scan some systems, but I have been able to stop myself surface scanning (so far).

Just looked this up in EDSM and there are several smaller moons planet temps are a little over 1000K not sure how hot a planet the SRV can handle safely, anyone know?
If you can land on it, the SRV can drive on it. :)

I was going to say that I'm unlikely to be there in three months. But as it is my alt going out there, that isn't really true. I'll be in no hurry to come back! So, hopefully we will still catch up out there.

Reads thread, shakes head.

Oh dear ... I was afraid some people might go a bit stir crazy on Kumay, loose touch with reality and become just a bit too addicted to being in the old SRV but this is far far worse than I ever imagined!

😬

Beagle Point is just majestic and a little bit eerie...

From a quick & dirty fly-by, it looks quite flat with many, many craters of various sizes. No canyons as far as I could tell and a distinct day/night cycle. I will be aiming for a circumnavigation along the equator.

I'm flying/driving this is FLEETCOMM

@Alec Turner: I'm aware this has nothing to do with FGPE anymore and is likely more suitable for its own thread or via the general Planetary Circumnavigation Club thread.

Beagle Point 3. Radius 1506km, circumference around 9460km. It's what Kumay was practise for. :D

There look to be some impressive craters. I reckon when we're down on the ground there will be some quite interesting terrain down there.

Well there is no use doing only doing something halfway I feel. Ya dip your toes in some water and then decide to swim across the Atlantic Ocean. Seems reasonable to me. Hell I even thought about doing a circumnavigation in each of the Milky Way zones but then umm I wonder how long that would take. (Slaps face to wake up) This seemed like something doable --- Circumnavigating two planets / moons the most distance apart in the Milky way.

Gathering Mats now for jumponium and SRV refuel/repair. I dont think I will need that much as I am going to use my Orca and she has a jump range of 58 LY. We will see, She will haul 4 SRV's so if I am careful this should be doable.

Caliber

Well there is no use doing only doing something halfway I feel. Ya dip your toes in some water and then decide to swim across the Atlantic Ocean. Seems reasonable to me. Hell I even thought about doing a circumnavigation in each of the Milky Way zones but then umm I wonder how long that would take. (Slaps face to wake up) This seemed like something doable --- Circumnavigating two planets / moons the most distance apart in the Milky way.

Gathering Mats now for jumponium and SRV refuel/repair. I dont think I will need that much as I am going to use my Orca and she has a jump range of 58 LY. We will see, She will haul 4 SRV's so if I am careful this should be doable.

Caliber
Take a beluga, you can have 40ly engineered for rang, 10 srvs and a fighter bay. Sustainability seems more important to me than range.

Last edited:
So after a lot of soul searching I have decided that I won't be joining the nut jobs heading out to BP for an impromptu FGPE epilogue.

However my alt account is well on their way.
A little light sight seeing to pop the Xbox achievement

And picking up an SRV bay and SRVs that I left behind for the tiny boost in jump range for a 1/3 of the trip.

Could be at BP at early as mid week but definitely there by the weekend.

Oops. I got confused and mixed up Beagle Point 2 and 3. I posted pictures of BP3 while the actual landing place at Legacy Crater is at BP2. The good news is that BP2 has a smaller radius than BP3. Planet surface of BP2 is comparable to BP3. Lots and lots of craters.

I'll be heading out to BP2 later this week and start a circumnavigation along the equator...

After contemplating the circumnavigation at Beagle Point last night, I decided to take it a step further and do a circumnavigation of a body in the furthest system currently reachable. This is OEVASY SG-Y D0, preferably the furthest moon which has been named "Salomé Reach". Their entry at EDSM shows the route and the required jump ranges.

Edit: just arrived and I required one standard FSD boost to arrive at "Salomé Reach".

Last edited:
After contemplating the circumnavigation at Beagle Point last night, I decided to take it a step further and do a circumnavigation of a body in the furthest system currently reachable. This is OEVASY SG-Y D0, preferably the furthest moon which has been named "Salomé Reach". Their entry at EDSM shows the route and the required jump ranges.

e

I had been thinking along those lines a lso that is why I decided to the furthest system reachable to the south or probably furthest from BP with a 58.5 Jump ( and use of jumponium if needed. If for some reason I get this done but not the above system we will have a North/South circumference of 2 planets far far away from each other.

Caaliber

My planet is an ice moon. So not ideal and I already saw massive canyons and mountain ridges. So fingers crossed. I've set down at the equator and will depart tonight. Let's get this done!!
Good Luck, Don't forget to do some photos. Here and in Discord I had Alec do a galactic Channel for these one way outta the bubble. I am about 1/3 of the way to my system. I think though I am about to hit a very thin and sparse section I will have to self navigate soon tho, We will see

Caliber

Edit: just arrived and I required one standard FSD boost to arrive at "Salomé Reach".
Alright where exactly is everyone going (except for Caliber who is obviously heading the wrong way) BP 2 or Salomé's Reach?

👍You too!

I have 3100 km to drive. Divided over 360 degrees this makes roughly 8.5 km per degree.

I landed on the equator at 112 degrees and drove off towards the east.

Jonas at the edge...
Very nice Pic. Awesome in fact. I still have 7k ly to get to where I am going. I will decide on planet / moon once I figure out how far I can get from where you are, max distance being the criteria of course. Nice size planet BTW a bit smaller than Kumay so should be a breeze ..lol

Caliber

Top Bottom