The First Great Planetary Expedition

Alec aced it with Kumay, After doing a N/S and a E/W Circumnavigation on it, The several other planets I have done don't even come close to the wonders that Kumay held. You don't want to be too close or too far from the sun and a planetary backdrop is just jaw dropping. Add varied types of mountains, canyons and varied terrain yt adds up to a great trip. I signed up during the selection process but didn't suggest anything, now I know why.

Looking at all the pics you put together in a slide show is amazing also. Sooo many great pics !!!!!

Again thanx for everything, Plan something new now that will awe us all over again ..lol

Caliber

Whoa. I haven't looked at the sheet in a while. I guess I assumed everyone had finished. 👀 It stands to reason that you and any other still on Kumay would still be thinking of this event. Massive o7 for still going at it.
Thanks! In fact, I haven't even tried the new features when the last update dropped as I'm still driving! I'm determined to complete this challenge though and keep on going.

First I would say sorry for digging this back up only I'm not sorry. It doesn't happen every time I'm in the cockpit but I do often find myself looking back on this event. Am I alone in this?

Same here, just yesterday I was sitting around thinking about it and hoping there would be a second expedition sometime in the near future. It almost feels like a real road trip in my memory, I remember it more fondly/vividly than an actual road trip I took from Texas to Colorado about a month ago. As I discussed with a couple of others (who felt similarly), even though I was REALLY looking forward to getting back into the black during the trip I had a hard time getting back into the game after taking part in such a unique experience that I put so much time/effort into. I didn't want to immediately start circumnavigating anything with gravity and a nice smile but I just wasn't feeling combat/trading/etc either. I had to take a long exploration trip into the core (followed by joining the Apollo 11 Expedition and taking part in The Enclave) to get me over the hump and start really enjoying the game again.

This expedition proved how great this game can be with other people.
Recently I was thinking that I would gladly circumnavigate Ice planet (with you guys), if they would be improved at last, even if I hate SRV ice skating.

I haven't even tried the new features when the last update dropped as I'm still driving! I'm determined to complete this challenge though and keep on going.
I thought there was noone left!
I should check the spreadsheet and probably get back to updating the globe :eek:

Last edited:
It almost feels like a real road trip in my memory, I remember it more fondly/vividly than an actual road trip I took from Texas to Colorado about a month ago.
Yep, same for me! It's a bit of a strange feeling really, but I guess that's just how the brain works. There are still bits of my first trip around Enceladus that I remember with the same vividness of actual ones to real places. And I definitely feel a bit of nostalgia for Kumay, not just for the place in itself, but for the time spent on it. When the journey matters more than the destination...or in case of circumnavigations, when the journey IS the destination.

Top Bottom