The First Great Planetary Expedition

Damn, I forgot to check last evening how many km I have in an SRV and now I'm at work again! Can I find this info on inara.cz (I have my logs imported there)? I looked for it but I coudn't find it.

So Zerek now is one of those park employees who makes sure the camp site has been paid for. Great part time summer work, I know of a few students who snagged that type of job. They usually have to clean the latrines also, it will be nice knowing we got clean outhouses tho :)

Caliber

Property deeds or it didn't happen.

Don't encourage him, he's already mental enough to miss keeping Roleplay within the game and the proper forum, don't encourage him more with this, he'll try to gank the event with his ship versus little SRV's and somehow come out of it thinking he's a good pilot.

Has anyone asked FDev if we would have a flash-sale on SRV paints before the start of this? Seems like a small thing they might support. I'd like to travel in style, but since it's an alt that hasn't done many miles it's just got a stock SRV.

Bonus points to fdev if they make golden available :)

Edit: And is there an official hashtag for the expedition? Not that I was considering tweeting fdev to beg for paints for the expedition, oh no ;)

Last edited:
Has anyone asked FDev if we would have a flash-sale on SRV paints before the start of this? Seems like a small thing they might support. I'd like to travel in style, but since it's an alt that hasn't done many miles it's just got a stock SRV.

Bonus points to fdev if they make golden available :)

Edit: And is there an official hashtag for the expedition? Not that I was considering tweeting fdev to beg for paints for the expedition, oh no ;)

Nope - haven't really asked FDev for anything (if they could slip in the new ice planet graphics before the end of the month that would be cool). :p

Re: a hashtag, nothing official yet - errr - how about #Kumay3305?

Re: disputes over ownership of Kumay ... publicity around event and consequent likelihood of ruffians crashing the party and forcing us into a PG currently standing at defcon amber.

HomelyPoshEarthworm-size_restricted.gif

P.S. updated the "Media" section of the OP with another Sagittarius Eye news bulletin.

Last edited:
I have a total of 737 Km on my SRV (added about 250 of that Route scouting and having fun on planet). Right now I can jump not too bad but dropping the nose to increase speed is not working.

Of those that filled out what they have in SRV distance there are about 1/4 that have less than 1000 Km. Thee other thing is that your going to add about 4000 Km's to finish, your driving/flyving skill should improve. Also there is still about 3 weeks before we start so a bit of practice might help. I think tho there will be enough SRV drivers of various skills that it should be not too hard to find another Commander who matches your speed and skills to ride along with.

Remember the fun is in the journey not the destination. As Yoda would say .... "Try you must".

Caliber
I've been over on Kumay the last couple of nights "practicing"* - I'm getting the hang of 40m/s on open flat ground, but as soon as it gets bumpy it's all crash, bounce, hull integrity compromised - luckily mats for fuel & repair seem plentiful.

Was going to sign up (might still) but looks like work is going to get in the way... argh!

(*with absolutely no permission whatsoever!)

So Zerek now is one of those park employees who makes sure the camp site has been paid for. Great part time summer work, I know of a few students who snagged that type of job. They usually have to clean the latrines also, it will be nice knowing we got clean outhouses tho :)

Caliber

dwight-schrute-head-nod-office.gif

- Show me permit 1A/345c, 334DC, driving license records DL-002R for all expedition members, Application Form for Tinted Window Waiver, Medical Report Form XY-88A, Event Tax Reciept ... and you will address me as Overlord, please, or I swear to God, I will f##k your s##t up.

Anyhoo ... it was suggested that, while we're at Bridger Town (the start/finish line) we could do a bit of track racing to warm up. There's an aerial shot/map of the suggested racetrack over on the Discord #side-activities channel. If anyone find themselves down at Bridger with a bit of time to kill I can recommend a few practice laps, it's a pretty cool circuit!

[video=youtube_share;W3kQ1m5n7sQ]https://youtu.be/W3kQ1m5n7sQ[/video]

What an interesting idea, unfortunately I am completely new to ED and can't even get to Kumay let alone drive an SRV fast enough but it is the kind of expedition I could enjoy at some point in the future so I will be keeping an eye on the forums and following progress. Good luck to all expedition members.

This sounds awesome. I wish I could participate, but frankly the idea of keeping anywhere close to 40m/s is an impossible ask for me. I've spent a lot of time in the SRV, but I'll never be able to keep up with that.

However, for those that can it sounds like a wonderful event! I'll be keeping tabs on y'all from the sidelines, and cheering you on.

Good luck out there!

I wish I could participate, but frankly the idea of keeping anywhere close to 40m/s is an impossible ask for me. I've spent a lot of time in the SRV, but I'll never be able to keep up with that.

Circumnavigation is not about constantly pushing 40m/s. If you're a half decent driver you should join. I don't do 40m/s, that's for sure. My circumnavigation of Ariel averaged out at 29 m/s.
This expedition will be great fun and you can set your own tempo.

Top Bottom