The First Great Planetary Expedition

After contemplating the circumnavigation at Beagle Point last night, I decided to take it a step further and do a circumnavigation of a body in the furthest system currently reachable. This is OEVASY SG-Y D0, preferably the furthest moon which has been named "Salomé Reach". Their entry at EDSM shows the route and the required jump ranges.

Edit: just arrived and I required one standard FSD boost to arrive at "Salomé Reach".

Last edited:
After contemplating the circumnavigation at Beagle Point last night, I decided to take it a step further and do a circumnavigation of a body in the furthest system currently reachable. This is OEVASY SG-Y D0, preferably the furthest moon which has been named "Salomé Reach". Their entry at EDSM shows the route and the required jump ranges.

e

I had been thinking along those lines a lso that is why I decided to the furthest system reachable to the south or probably furthest from BP with a 58.5 Jump ( and use of jumponium if needed. If for some reason I get this done but not the above system we will have a North/South circumference of 2 planets far far away from each other.

Caaliber

If for some reason I get this done but not the above system we will have a North/South circumference of 2 planets far far away from each other.

Cool.

My planet is an ice moon. So not ideal and I already saw massive canyons and mountain ridges. So fingers crossed. I've set down at the equator and will depart tonight. Let's get this done!!

My planet is an ice moon. So not ideal and I already saw massive canyons and mountain ridges. So fingers crossed. I've set down at the equator and will depart tonight. Let's get this done!!

Good Luck, Don't forget to do some photos. Here and in Discord I had Alec do a galactic Channel for these one way outta the bubble. I am about 1/3 of the way to my system. I think though I am about to hit a very thin and sparse section I will have to self navigate soon tho, We will see

Caliber

👍You too!

I have 3100 km to drive. Divided over 360 degrees this makes roughly 8.5 km per degree.

I landed on the equator at 112 degrees and drove off towards the east.

Jonas at the edge...

Very nice Pic. Awesome in fact. I still have 7k ly to get to where I am going. I will decide on planet / moon once I figure out how far I can get from where you are, max distance being the criteria of course. Nice size planet BTW a bit smaller than Kumay so should be a breeze ..lol

Caliber

I'm not even 1/4 of the way into Kumay and all this talk of circumnavigating Beagle Point got me thinking about another idea. What's the smallest high-g planets that have been found? Alec, I know you and your FGPE scouts checked out all sorts of options. Anything suitable? I quite enjoyed the last hi-g drive I did although it was pretty rough!

A short after-lunch stint brought me to 120 degrees along the equator. It was pitch black and night vision had to be switched on. I was not in any hurry so I cruised along at a relaxing 30 m/s trying to avoid rocks just by steering and not using boost. As expected, the night sky is pretty much void of stars. I had a noticeable constellation of 3 above the horizon yesterday but they're gone now and the heavens are empty. Even the spiral shape of the galaxy is now gone. This all really adds to the isolated atmosphere of this location.

Amazingly the only mountain ridge on this body is... YES... along the equator. It doesn't look too bad by looking at the map but this might be deceptive. The first stretch of my route appears relatively free of worry. The landscape seems to be rolling along calmly. During the second half, I'm likely to encounter canyons of various depths. All in all, it could have been worse and I'm optimistic for completing this adventure with the means at my disposal :D

I'm not even 1/4 of the way into Kumay and all this talk of circumnavigating Beagle Point got me thinking about another idea. What's the smallest high-g planets that have been found? Alec, I know you and your FGPE scouts checked out all sorts of options. Anything suitable? I quite enjoyed the last hi-g drive I did although it was pretty rough!
I'm not actually sure. There are various tools around like eddb and inara so I wonder if one of those will let you search/sort by radius and gravity to get an answer. In all the scouting I've done I've always stuck to low-g worlds I'm afraid.

I am in the southern void. Probably a mistake for not going around, I had had to use a few Premium jumps and am quite low on yttrium. I saw a few explorer names here one being attinall - His name was on the furthest system south I could find in anara There were a few others also. The last half a dozen jumps all the systems have been nameless.

I may just go a bit deeper measure the distance to where Jonas is. That would leave some room for some other lost soul to beat this if anyone was crazy enuff to want to.

Caliber

Stasis, Time is probably your most major factor, Getting the synth mats isn't too tricky, I can give you a list made by Stealthie of the best planets in the bubble to prospect for them. Mind you even that takes time.

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them the way I want to

Caliber

First the permit locked systems, grrrrrr.

These are quite annoying. I went down and underneath. I believe there are two regions locked between Sag A* and BP. Frontier should implement some kind of visual clue in the star map to make them visible so one can navigate around them more easily. Now it's all a bit of trial and error...

Last edited:
Top Bottom