The Formadine Rift Mystery and Guardians

OK, I have just started looking into the Formadine Rift Mystery and i do believe it has not finished out there.

At the mo i'm with the DW2 lot on the other side of the Galaxy. Its slow going, which gives me time to read everything i can on the Formadine Rift and everything that's been going on out there. I have read quite a lot and have watched loads of YouTube videos on the subject.

I have gleaned that the area was to be mapped out by The Club as a possible safe haven for humanity if the Thargoids invaded and was starting to win the war. As much as i can see that happening I do think the people The Club sent out there found something else....something bigger than the Thargoids and possible more of a threat.

I think they found the Guardian Constructs. The Constructs are the robotic AI race that the Guardians created when they were at war with the Thargoids. I think the Constructs won against the Thargoids and the Thargoids managed to retreat out of the reach of the Constructs, so the Constructs then turned on the Guardians and wiped them out. These Constructs are now somewhere in the Formadine Rift and those sent out there by The Club found them.

That's why there are no survivors, that's why The Club want it hidden because if the Constructs discover biological life near them then they will attack us and the Thargoids. This eventual war could bring us Humans and the Thargoids together in an alliance against the Constructs.

Go read Drew Wagars website before you bang your head against the wall too much more. He more or less states that the Teorge listening posts were the end-game content of the Salomé storyline which is where almost all of the Formidine rift lore originates from.

Last edited:
In addition to what Glaciered said the whole point of the Club preparing the Formadine Rift for colonisation was that it was discreet and out of the way so would evade detection from any hostile powers for as long as possible, which would have worked if not for those meddling kids CMDRS. Seeding an area that has an actively hostile robotic race would not only be a terrible idea for the last resort colonisation plan but would risk attention from Canonn or Palin style groups, or worse, a superpower.

The statement from Rebecca read by Salomé in Premonitions; "they found something out there" and "they thought the Thargoids were bad" are certainly very suspect and has fueled more tin foil hattery than anything else short of Raxxla. However, that area has been combed over for 4 years by thousands of commanders flying everything from Cobra mk3s (to simulate Rebecca's limited edition Eclipse class Cobra, produced by Armageddon engineering) to lightweight engineered Anacondas. The Zurara was found, dead colonies were found, the Teorge listening posts with logs were found. No guardian evidence at all was found though.

Go read Drew Wagars website before you bang your head against the wall too much more. He more or less states that the Teorge listening posts were the end-game content of the Salomé storyline which is where almost all of the Formadine rift lore originates from.

any chance of a link to his site?

https://www.drewwagar.com/

and it's Formidine Rift, with an i. Although there could be discussion over why picking the feminine ablative form Formidine rather than the neutral gerundive one Formidandum that would literally translate to "[the rift] to be feared". Or the alternative form Formidabilis, still derived from Formido, that would translate to "the fearful rift".

Last edited:
Redden, I'm not sure this is the right thread for this, but since I have your attention; I'm familiar with your work, it's good, well thought-out stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're with Canonn, correct? If so, as part of project Indi-Croft (or project Mercury, perhaps?) have you or your group attempted signaling various thargoid variants with your ship headlights?

Redden, I'm not sure this is the right thread for this, but since I have your attention; I'm familiar with your work, it's good, well thought-out stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're with Canonn, correct? If so, as part of project Indi-Croft (or project Mercury, perhaps?) have you or your group attempted signaling various thargoid variants with your ship headlights?

It's funny you mention this, I've been attempting this in the past few days, although without particular success! But as you say we're a bit OT here, feel free to hit me up on canonn discord so we can have a chat about it ;-)

https://www.drewwagar.com/

and it's Formidine Rift, with an i. Although there could be discussion over why picking the feminine ablative form Formidine rather than the neutral gerundive one Formidandum that would literally translate to "[the rift] to be feared". Or the alternative form Formidabilis, still derived from Formido, that would translate to "the fearful rift".

read loads on his forum but nothing about the end of the Formidine Rift Mystery.

There's other mysteries to follow... I think the Children of Tothos line is interesting... I have a hunch that we're about to watch Fdev test a new mechanic for removing stations without the possibility of repair

Typical... just when things were getting interesting, nothing of consequence happens. How anticlimactic. Same thing with the Far God cult... I thought they were going to explain how the FIS went from jackbooted thuggery to "eh, everything looks legit" based on some reporters notes, without even explaining the disappearance of the FIS agent. 6 months later and barely a peep... some seemingly dead end about a girl in a cryostasis pod. Out of curiosity... she was found on one of the sites that EE pointed to way back when. Now that you've completed your analysis, do you recall which EE pointed to the planet she was on?

Typical... just when things were getting interesting, nothing of consequence happens. How anticlimactic. Same thing with the Far God cult... I thought they were going to explain how the FIS went from jackbooted thuggery to "eh, everything looks legit" based on some reporters notes, without even explaining the disappearance of the FIS agent. 6 months later and barely a peep... some seemingly dead end about a girl in a cryostasis pod. Out of curiosity... she was found on one of the sites that EE pointed to way back when. Now that you've completed your analysis, do you recall which EE pointed to the planet she was on?

The Sanctum was pointed by Eagle Eye #1 and #4 on 30/8. The Prophet was never pointed directly but it was found being a POI in the system

Why would they? That storyline ended with Salome's Death, the great Teorge Spoiler, and FDev eventually ending his collaboration with Drew. :)
While that's all true, the storyline with Salome's exhortation to CMDRs to uncover more about the Club is what they could (and should IMO) pick up again and continue.

My understanding was that the secrecy around Project Dynasty was largely because the Club wanted to prepare for Thargoid invasion, without revealing what they knew about the coming Thargoid threat. Since the Teorge message largely boiled down to "the Thargoids are coming, and the Club knew about it", now that the Thargoids are public knowledge, there's little reason to maintain the secrecy, although the Club probably has many other interesting secrets.

I'm reminded of the Babylon 5 story arc: the first two-ish seasons are dominated by rumors and mysteries and legends about the existence/nature/return of the Shadows, who is working with them or preparing for them without revealing too much. But then they return and the next two seasons are a very different story about the war for the future of the galaxy, and it no longer mattered very much who suspected and who knew. What was important was stopping the war before it burned the galaxy down, and then the survivors sorting out the new order of things.

Top Bottom