The Formidine Rift Expedition 3302

I've signed up for the first week. Not sure how much I'll actually be able to do participating wise though. My wife is recovering from surgery and this time of year is always really busy for me. I'll try and jump in when I can. I'm always in open so maybe I'll see you in the void.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

We are. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

Are we? :) Edit: Are we getting close, that is :)

Last edited:
Wut?? :eek:
Did you take a picture??
Do you mean one of the broken ones on the ground?

Last edited:
I've been out here for a few weeks.

I was trying out my own idea, but it didn't really work. Not a total waste of time though.

I'd started to bludgeon my way across the rift and then the call to EAFOTS came, so I turned around.

I've been prodding around again in EOFOTS just now, but I shall likely be back on Sunday evening.

I'm in.

I'm way out near the BLEIA sector at the moment, checking out a section of neutron stars before heading back towards the rift via the Monkey Head Nebula. Was out in the rift a while ago but returning in my souped up 50ly Asp this time. Been there a few times now - looking forward to being part of the adventure again soon!

As much as I want to support this, I kind of doubt that Frontier would expect a dragnet approach, especially if the UP audio spectrograph is in any way related. It seems far more likely the mystery would be solved by using a logical approach than a sweeping survey approach. And without the proper tools/items/search-method you could even pass through the system and not notice what "it" is.

This is a very good point but I also think that if the 'lost' Jacques Station could be found randomly by an intrepid explorer in a galaxy of 400 billion systems then we stand a chance of stumbling across whatever's in the rift (surely???!)

Signed up with 3rd Account *Alice*. Already at EAFOTS (on my 2nd system)

However I'd like to nominate another step to the exploration tasks. For those who remember exploration before the ADS. The use of parallax. There may be a "cloaked" or non "honkable" bodies.

Anyone without experience, now is the time to practice, and orbital lines are useful for this. Even if the body's orbit isn't identified, it gives you a focus point on the HUD.

Surely no one would be stupid enough to embark on an exercise to map a whole sector.
Sir, you are mistaken, every explorer I've met so far is crazy, nuts, out-of-their-mind, cobangus, like a child in a sandbox, and then they are also daring, dreaming, glorifying, enjoying, creating and.. discovering. Hell, whats another 4 months :D

I have been in EAFOTS for the last 10 days, and have signed up for all the events. Will start asking for packets of info when I get in tonight. Hopefully I can stay around for another 6+ weeks, but am beginning to run out of fresh alcohol and as my last stop was a Fed system, they only had weak Fed alcofizz anyway, so a few more weeks of that recyc'd and I may have limp home or just fly straight into a star.

Myself and some wingman (Jez146) have been out in the rift for the last few months trawling the RR line all the way to the edge of the arm with nothing interesting seen etc. Since then we narrowed to EAFOTs - did the RO-C systems etc and the EP-B ones (just in case) again with no joy. We are doing this in Cobra MKIIIs (also just incase) but as said so far with no luck. I suspect we are looking at something so obscure that I would have to pass right under your noes to see it. We are tempted to join this mission but what does it offer (that we haven't already done) bar systematic sector grinding?

Last edited:
I suspect we are looking at something so obscure that I would have to pass right under your noes to see it. We are tempted to join this mission but what does it offer (that we haven't already done) bar systematic sector grinding?

We're currently planning quite a few social activities ranging from meetings at the basecamps where we could do "Galactic tag extreme-races" or "Whack-a-Rat" to other things happening in the sector. Salomé will visit us in September. This is not supposed to be pure grinding.

The expedition has made local galnet in Tionisla, Riedquat, Reorte and HR6421
iJjDdoU.jpg

Tomorrow the expedition officially starts, folks!

More than 50 pilots have already signed up, more than 20 of them for the first week. To officially launch the expedition all pilots already in the area are invited to come to

"Haipeng Landing", EAFOTS XO-T B58-1, Planet 1
-45.3438 / 114,2943

tomorrow, Saturday August 20, 3302 at 19:00 ingame time. Meeting either takes place in Kamzel-private-group or open. Lets have some fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom