THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

:D We were told it was simple. We didn't expect that simple.:D

Edit: Spider95 got it last evening as well. Tumbs up to him and Scarlet.

yeh, saw Spider95 post last night, with her working out process... wish I had worked it out.. think Scarlets post was a couple hours later!

edit: updated gender.. sorry :$

Last edited:
So, last known hint from Rebecca's audio log is that she intended to head for the "Core" right ? "Core" world/s obviously would be the bubble itself and/or more specifically Sol and the nearer systems around. But, as we experienced before in that mystery, what is if "Core" is wrongly written - it also could mean the latinum "cor" what means heart, which would lead us to the Heart Nebula. Worth discussing that ? Maybe more audiologs/messages from Rebecca waiting there ?

My life experience thought me that the following rule can be applied more often: For every problem, there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong.

True. This was a riddle though. It's not an equation or a science problem. The 'wrong' solutions aren't necessarily wrong. They are just not the solution Drew had in mind. ;)

I think i can claim some credit for this fibal bit as i did post up the idea in the forums last night (i think others have already spotted that cheers!) and on twitch on DJ truthsayers stream. :)

However it came from bringing together info from lots of people and ideas! So medals all round. I think i just stumbled upon how it all fitted together.

in-game name: Cmdr Spydur

(\(\;;/)/)

p.s. i'm a she not a he :)

I think i can claim some credit for this fibal bit as i did post up the idea in the forums last night (i think others have already spotted that cheers!) and on twitch on DJ truthsayers stream. :)

However it came from bringing together info from lots of people and ideas! So medals all round. I think i just stumbled upon how it all fitted together.

in-game name: Cmdr Spydur

(\(\;;/)/)

p.s. i'm a she not a he :)

It won't let me give you more rep, so here's a [up] instead.

The riddle was solved and the answer is 46 Eridani. Don't ask me how they got this, though. ;)

Yes, catching up on the backlog of posts & just spotted that. Hope we get a clear explanation for those of us who don't tweet!

Edit- ninjad by Cmdrs Spyder95 & Scarlett!
Thank you both.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. It was fair and reasonable and good to read. You're quite correct. Issues in my process and the limitations of the art of the possible aren't the fault or responsibility of players and it was poor form of me to 'flannel' that. Agreed. I was probably a little salty myself. Thanks for pointing it out.

As for 'the end'. The ED story is much bigger than all of this, this is a mere 'arc' within it. As arcs go, this one is indeed drawing to a conclusion. We're not there yet though, hopefully the upcoming denouement has been clearly telegraphed. I want to players to decide that outcome.

Cheers,

Drew.

Thanks Drew, the part I highlighted was really just the answer I was searching for, in my earlier question ;)

So I guess 46 Eridani becomes significant on the 29th, but is this the starting point or the end point?

I'll be there to defend Salomé, but not sure to take my modified viper or perhaps a Cobra would be more fitting!!... at the end of the day it should be a pretty cool... looking forward to see how it pans out.

So I guess 46 Eridani becomes significant on the 29th, but is this the starting point or the end point?

I'll be there to defend Salomé, but not sure to take my modified viper or perhaps a Cobra would be more fitting!!... at the end of the day it should be a pretty cool... looking forward to see how it pans out.

I'm Seriously considering Engineering the FDL for this one. ;-)

Ah, okay, thanks.

I consider her a whistle blower, some kind of a Edward Snowden.
I agree she is a shade of black and white, with overtones of self importance - part of me wishes her demise as well for the simply reason she cheated death too many times. On the other hand, she is an interesting character and perhaps Drew would have more options with continuing the story if she survives.

Oh don't get me wrong, she certainly has her strengths - I'm always a fan of whistle blowers, and again, as a character in a novel, she is fascinating, and unpredictable. I like that. I'd argue my own CMDR has similar traits in some ways, but liking someone, and trusting them...

I think Drew did quite well to create a character that is very much flawed, and whilst polarising, she is certainly not boring, and seeing what she does next is quite exciting. I do hope she survives, but in game, I am yet to decide which way I'll go come the event on the 29th (assuming I even get in the right instance - and I actually even have my gaming rig set up), in fact, I'm not even sure which ship in my fleet to go with, or whether I'll simply buy and engineer a new ship for what I guess to be the purpose. Heck, I may even drag my Cobra MKIII out of mothballs, give it some nice shiny mods, and throw that in the mix, just for the sake of sentiment.

Z...

Last edited:
Thanks for that. It was fair and reasonable and good to read. You're quite correct. Issues in my process and the limitations of the art of the possible aren't the fault or responsibility of players and it was poor form of me to 'flannel' that. Agreed. I was probably a little salty myself. Thanks for pointing it out.

As for 'the end'. The ED story is much bigger than all of this, this is a mere 'arc' within it. As arcs go, this one is indeed drawing to a conclusion. We're not there yet though, hopefully the upcoming denouement has been clearly telegraphed. I want to players to decide that outcome.

Cheers,

Drew.

We all get salty at time, and having to sit with your hands tied I'm surprised it took that long to be honest.

Top Bottom