THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

To all those wanting a different colour for titles on the front page. Here are a few samples. Please cast an opinion (must work in light and dark background)

Contents
Latest News and Information
What is the Formidine Rift?
Where is the Formindine Rift?
Drew's Clues
Timeline of Events
What has been worked out so far
Real Clues, Ideas and Crazy Tinfoil Theories
Useful Links

I'm leaning towards the first two myself, the Green and Red

On the black background they all work fairly well (for me at least) so just need to decide what works best for white background?

EDIT: I see its been decided already lol I just woke up, coffee in hand, and getting caught up... oh and Zach: FANTASTIC work on the OP... an update was much needed.

Might join the rest of you at the above mention coordinates in a few minutes, My pilot in the rift is called "REAVER ONE" if anyone wants to add me in-game

Last edited:
Thanks for taking over the OP! It was really needed with the increasing pace of the storyline (and there were some things I wanted to check but don't have the time to trawl the entire thread for).
I keep thinking about what the Rift mystery might be but the new content is confusing me. Something that I thought it might have been, that I investigated myself a couple of months back but found no signs of, was markings on the surface of Earth-like Worlds showing orbital bombardment. Maybe the 'right person' is someone who flies by planets looking for interesting surface features? There is also mention of worlds being sterilised clean by the Thargoids and of gravestones stretching over the horizon, reflecting light, which makes me think that I ought to check lifeless candidates for terraforming for these things, although that would multiply the number of planets to search considerably and I'm now completely burned out flying over planets after trying to find geysers, fumaroles or fungal growths on worlds in M67. The second transmission from the Cobra Mk3 in the Tionisla graveyard makes me think of confining my search to systems with the EAFOTS CC-P prefix (for Cassiopeia, Camelopardalis and Perseus), which would be the only way that I could narrow it down enough for a lone commander to go looking. Real life and current in-game commitments are going to stop me investigating this myself for at least a fortnight but I see from EDSM that there are some EAFOTS CC-P systems but no information on what is in them. Only one person has visited the ones I checked: were there any lifeless terraformables in any of them @DrewCarnegie ?

To all new pilots reading:

We have centralised our search to 1,000km (1Mm) of the coordinates 20.0000, 12.0000. Myself and other Xbox players have detected a significant increase in loading time when entering Glide around these coordinates.

I have calculated that 1Mm is a full 8.0000 degrees in any direction. I suggest you use 20,12 as your starting point, pick a direction and fly for 8 degrees at that bearing. Chances are we'll find it before the week is out if we all coordinate.
I myself have taken the 0 bearing from those coordinates up until 28,12. Nothing to report.

Good job :)

Although, all of us there need to keep record of where we've been & post our searches here. (Afraid I didn't have much flying time so I just explored a few large craters near there).

Last edited:
So, what's the recommended graphics settings? have we all settled on a certain scheme that best improves visibility of man-made objects?

The second transmission from the Cobra Mk3 in the Tionisla graveyard makes me think of confining my search to systems with the EAFOTS CC-P prefix (for Cassiopeia, Camelopardalis and Perseus), which would be the only way that I could narrow it down enough for a lone commander to go looking. Real life and current in-game commitments are going to stop me investigating this myself for at least a fortnight but I see from EDSM that there are some EAFOTS CC-P systems but no information on what is in them. Only one person has visited the ones I checked: were there any lifeless terraformables in any of them @DrewCarnegie ?

Greetings CMDR von Rhein

I surveyed all EAFOTS CC-P and CP-C systems and did not come across any anomalies or patterns in their makeup.
None of the systems contain terraformable worlds.

EAFOTS CP-C B40-1 is the most interesting as it has 5 stars, a (non-terraformable) water world and 15 other major bodies, plus a host of moons.
The rest of the systems are entirely unremarkable, except for their uniform blandness.

Last edited:
Lifeless terraformables? Interestingly the GL-Y 6 planet we're searching atm is 1 (according to EDDi anyway).

Last edited:
Hi all,

regardless of how you search the GL-y E2 6 planet, east-west, south-north, diagonally, randomly or 10x10 squares, I think we should keep a public record of what has already been searched. The google spreadsheet below is the easiest thing that comes to mind (you would have to PM me the coords searched and I would have to manually mark them).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WV45kzhHWPZlTkRscr_-fxe8zyNVFQfZFvM8fHje3YM/edit?usp=sharing

It would be great if someone could implement a quick website where CMDRs could sign up and enter the coords of the areas they have already searched. This could be re-used for any other future search sites too...maybe even something on EDSM.net, where many CMDRs already have an account.

Erm... guys there is a Cobra MK3 system security force sitting here at 20, 12 Co-Ords??? I'm trying to upload a pic but it's having none of it.

EDIT: 20.0300, 12.2998

Last edited:
czRsLDV

Nope.. not working haha o.0

Last edited:
To all those wanting a different colour for titles on the front page. Here are a few samples. Please cast an opinion (must work in light and dark background)

Contents
Latest News and Information
What is the Formidine Rift?
Where is the Formindine Rift?
Drew's Clues
Timeline of Events
What has been worked out so far
Real Clues, Ideas and Crazy Tinfoil Theories
Useful Links

I'm leaning towards the first two myself, the Green and Red

My honest opinion? Drop the custom colors altogether and go with the default color which works well regardless of which theme the reader is using. Default color in bold.

I use the theme with black text on a white background. The green is a little washed out but not nearly as bad as the yellow.

Erm... guys there is a Cobra MK3 system security force sitting here at 20, 12 Co-Ords??? I'm trying to upload a pic but it's having none of it.

EDIT: 20.0300, 12.2998

arrange for it to explode if its not a player, npcs are free game in lawless systems :)

Oh wow.

I just realized that today is my 1-year anniversary of becoming a Rifter. I'd just finished listening to the Reclamation audio book. I necro'd the first Formidine Rift thread after it had been silent for over three months with this post:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...t-what-is-it?p=3475542&viewfull=1#post3475542

Drew replied and others chimed in. I've been stuck in this madness ever since :)

Only a year?
Doesn't feel like it.

Congratulations, Dr. Frankenstein!

[slow clap]

Top Bottom