THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Raached HD 9164, nothing relevant at first sight. A few gas giants, a few WW and a lot of landable moons. Checking around all bodies looking for beacons.

Klumpozyte's list is trying to relate the riddle answers to actual systems/planets in elite as some of the answers don't directly have a system or planet attached to it - some of them are constellations which have loads of stars so, isn't as straight forward :)

Some ideas about destination targets from the names out of this list.

Klumpozyte picked them out of Elite and compared them with the finished names of the list.
Maybe that's something, maybe not.

Aaah... When I replied he hadn't added the header sentence yet. Thus I had no idea why he was repeating them. The edit explains it.

Hm, Drew said the names are the right names. So i think they are not synonyms. :/

Hm... is "0" a hint for a destination target IN Elite or only part of a name/line of numbers or coordinates. Hrm...

Seems the federation works most with greek names. (See most of the farragut cruisers)
And "ancient" astronomy almost used "greek" names for their dicoveries.

So, why are there only greek names in this list? That's an intention.

Last edited:
Hm, Drew said the names are the right names. So i think they are not synonyms. :/

Hm... is "0" a hint for a destination target IN Elite or only part of a name/line of numbers or coordinates. Hrm...

Seems the federation works most with greek names. (See most of the farragut cruisers)

And don't forget Prism system full of Greek names, many feature in the riddle answers.

Star's in a constellation are listed according to brightness, not order in the constellation's shape. Yildun is the 4th brightest star in Ursula minor.

What I can't decide is if the sequence is supposed to reference points in the night sky from a planet surface or points along the galaxy map. The clues are a mix of locations from specific bodies to entire systems. Are we really supposed to put them together at random?

Is the Fibonacci reference actually a reference to the sequence somehow applied to the problem or simply a way of saying the starting point? I'm leaning towards the sequence, as in find the right vantage point on the right body and trace the sequence of stars to find the 0 point of the Fibonacci sequence they form. It's the only way I can think of that applies both clues to specific bodies to general clues for entire star systems/constellations.

Yep. I think its all coming to me now.
It's all a big Greek mumbo-jumbo. A final word, a course to follow, a poor miser’s sum, If you would understand it all, seek Fibonacci’s Zephyrum. Poor pointing out to the bankrupt Greece and Zero pointing out how much cash Greek Gov. got left in the bank. We need to grab our shovels and go to the Central Bank in Athens and dig up what Drew hidden somewhere around there. Yupyup.

Top Bottom